"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're gonna do race A, try some test laps in all 4 cars, so you know where your car has an advantage, and a disadvantage.
This should make it so you can be conservative where you know you're not as good, and aggressive where you know you can beat em. đź‘Ť

I just got done with the days chores, goin in blind!

Edit, poor results for me, not my kinda combo.
Next week!

Last edited:
*How to pass 5 cars in 5 seconds.

I started 3rd, then got bashed unmercifully in the first few turns. Great. Now it's time to put on a show for the backmarkers.
Repetition helps very much with anticipating what the other cars will do. :)

That was pretty cool, I did a similar one 11th to 3rd in one lap then binned it all alone. :banghead:

Had some brilliant racing all week, very close and generally pretty clean.

If you're gonna do race A, try some test laps in all 4 cars, so you know where your car has an advantage, and a disadvantage.
This should make it so you can be conservative where you know you're not as good, and aggressive where you know you can beat em. đź‘Ť
I did my first couple of races in the DS and could not come to terms with it. Been loving the Clio though. Tried a few quali laps in the Peugeot and same braking/turn in points were putting me in the dirt. Back to the Clio.

Last edited:
Fuji is bad. Real bad. Enough to make me delete the game bad. I'm using an alt in the EVO. No qualy.
The nonsense going on is the worse I've ever experienced. I got CRBs for getting punted and for serving blatant wrongdoers.

I'm happily racing another player for position and it seems to be Scirocco and RCZ players(there was a Huracan too), going ballistic. Super duper divebomb the guy I'm racing. I'm serious. Blatant running players off and I get caught in it.
Different players in my races so far and it carries over to each of those races.

I think as far as online, FIA and private lobbies, may be the only safe place to race. Wow.

Fuji is bad. Real bad. Enough to make me delete the game bad. I'm using an alt in the EVO. No qualy.
The nonsense going on is the worse I've ever experienced. I got CRBs for getting punted and for serving blatant wrongdoers.

I'm happily racing another player for position and it seems to be Scirocco and RCZ players(there was a Huracan too), going ballistic. Super duper divebomb the guy I'm racing. I'm serious. Blatant running players off and I get caught in it.
Different players in my races so far and it carries over to each of those races.

I think as far as online, FIA and private lobbies, may be the only safe place to race. Wow.
yeah, had a guy pull right in front of me as i was about to pass him coming up on the finish line so i couldn't avoid but hit him in the rear and not be able to pass. this was for a 7th place. ultra important finish i'm sure.

Does anybody else doubt the sincerity of someone who says "I'm sorry" only after you've called them out for what they did?
If I really feel bad about a mistake that screwed up someone else's race, my apology is the first comment on the board after a race.

Or the spamming of "Let's have a clean race" before the race starts. You can be sure this guys is dirty.

Been running mainly Race A this week, mixed results, depending on whether I got rammed off or not...

Running at B/S, somehow ended up in a room with all A or A+ drivers today. Started 10th, but passed 5 before turn 1, as they were all running without traction control on - I tend to start with it on, and then turn it off once in 2nd gear.

Is it some machismo thing for the higher DR drivers to refuse to use it? Anyway, it helped me out - managed to stay in front of the ones I'd passed and finished 4th!

Been running mainly Race A this week, mixed results, depending on whether I got rammed off or not...

Running at B/S, somehow ended up in a room with all A or A+ drivers today. Started 10th, but passed 5 before turn 1, as they were all running without traction control on - I tend to start with it on, and then turn it off once in 2nd gear.

Is it some machismo thing for the higher DR drivers to refuse to use it? Anyway, it helped me out - managed to stay in front of the ones I'd passed and finished 4th!

Some racers including A/A+ are just isolated and are not consuming information from outside sources whether youtube race guides, social media forums like this or simply looking at the replay of someone other than themselves. Like everything there are some hyper-performers who try to do it better but I expect the simpler answer is that they have not clued-in to using it.

was practicing a couple of hours ago and time was right, so unfortunately entered race b on the spur of the moment. never quit before, so this was a first. just a ^%$# show. think i'm taking a break from the racing aspect for a bit. just hotlap and practice. had enough cretans for awhile.

I had the same feeling last night, just tired of it, the ramming every race, on race A.
Finally turned it off and switched to other games offline.
Enjoyed that far more.
It’s not racing with this system, it’s just whoever is successful at ramming, and diving, and lunging and swiping.
I kinda feel like I might just be done.

I really enjoy offline play in other titles, or the daily weekly monthly challenges in DR2.

I’m just tired of fighting dirty drivers.
If the GTS system can’t seperate dirty and clean players, I won’t play.

Last edited:
No matter what I do, I cannot figure out that last section of Fuji. It's some type of kryptonite for me. I do appreciate all the advice given and will use it in the future. Next time this track comes up in the daily races I'll give it another shot.

I am looking forward to Brands Hatch next week. Last time this combo came up I was 1 month in for online racing in low C and struggling. I can use this race to see how far I've progressed with my skills and overall racing ability. Should be fun unless the crazies come out again.

Race C was great, came second twice in a row, third race, this happened:

I have no idea what he was doing, who knows, maybe their brake button failed. But I literally got shunted into the car in front, what on earth was I supposed to do to avoid the penalty? Absolutely ridiculous. I don't tend to rage quit, but this was stupid. I can understand other player's mistake ruining my race, I can't accept being given penalty for being the victim here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had fun this morning on Race A. Although I’m new to the game I’m already starting to despair with the shunting. Not sure what is appropriate and what is blatant cheating. If I’m at the apex of a corner I don’t expect to get pushed out of the way.

Last edited:
Pushing on the conversation for the penalty system I got a 1 sec penalty for some reason I can't explain at turn 1 just after the start of the race.

If someone has an explanation, I would love to hear it

Pushing on the conversation for the penalty system I got a 1 sec penalty for some reason I can't explain at turn 1 just after the start of the race.

If someone has an explanation, I would love to hear it

I expect collision penalty with P1. You may have run wide in the absence of that collision. Next, you started the sequence at about P4 so all things equal the trailing car is more likely to get a pen in a collision.

Admittedly, the pen system is weak and you probably were not penalized before for this sort of contact. In general, I wish that sort of penalty was applied more often and more consistently.

That said, you were pretty far ahead at the apex.

Is there something in particular about Fuji or GR4 cars that encourages it?

Considering spending my time in Dirt Rally 2 or Bus simulator!

First and foremost, the pen system is encouraging it by limiting pens for side to side contact. Second, Fuji is a tight technical track with real overtaking opportunities. Those two things will result in more contact.

The first one is just sad as PD simply cannot fix it. On the second, Fuji is a good track and requires more enforcement of penalties.

They have given up on the Daily races, haven't they? We've been getting the same combos for the last few months. No imagination whatsoever.

There were some bright spots at the beginning of the year and last week the N24 was imaginative (some say sadistic). I like Fuji but I have had more than my fill and it is the exact same combo as the one in Jan/Feb - Group 4 B race with medium tires.

Give us some St Croix combo... there was one last year and it was like watching kids in the candy shop!

No matter what I do, I cannot figure out that last section of Fuji. It's some type of kryptonite for me. I do appreciate all the advice given and will use it in the future. Next time this track comes up in the daily races I'll give it another shot.

I am looking forward to Brands Hatch next week. Last time this combo came up I was 1 month in for online racing in low C and struggling. I can use this race to see how far I've progressed with my skills and overall racing ability. Should be fun unless the crazies come out again.

Yep. Sometimes you just need to take a break and allow you subconscious brain work on it. A few tips for next time though the first one may be obvious:
  • Never use full braking in Sector 3. It is just inefficient. Watch the top lappers.
  • Switch to Auto Transmission as a training exercise. Firstly, it allows you to concentrate on brake modulation which is the key. Second, I use the AI downshifter as a speedometer or brake-ometer, if you will. The downshift signal is normally done by the AI based on speed so it is a little signal to my brain that tells me if I am too fast or too slow.

Last edited:
I expect collision penalty with P1. You may have run wide in the absence of that collision. Next, you started the sequence at about P4 so all things equal the trailing car is more likely to get a pen in a collision.

Admittedly, the pen system is weak and you probably were not penalized before for this sort of contact. In general, I wish that sort of penalty was applied more often and more consistently.

That said, you were pretty far ahead at the apex.

So the penalty I got was fair? I am trying to understand the situation here, in order not to repeat such moves if they always get penalized

So the penalty I got was fair? I am trying to understand the situation here, in order not to repeat such moves if they always get penalized

You nearly achieved the move because you are competing against C and D drivers on the first lap where racers do not properly understand the braking points. As you progress to higher levels, P1 and P2 will hit their braking marks and a hard inside move like that will end in tears for everyone. You will probably be penalized and if not they will return the favor in the next corner. No one wins.

The key lesson is that if you attempt an inside pass, hold the inside line, do not run the other guy wide and do it without touching the other car.

I want to practice next weeks daily C tomorrow. It's going to be Brands Hatch Gr4 with RM required and tyre wear at 6x fuel x2. Any idea what would be good? A FF car or the Cayman? The McLaren even?

Last edited:
Last night, I had two additional daily race wins. The first of these was in race B where I used a Jaguar F-Type Gr. 4. The other one was in race A where I used a Volkswagen Golf GTI VII. I have thus recorded at least one daily race win for the thirteenth consecutive day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back