"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
United States
Thought it would be good to have a thread to duck in and discuss current daily race happenings , experiences , tips etc.

I'm breaking the protocol by discussing yesterday's daily B race but since they go past midnight I suppose it's okay.

I did gr4 Suzuka last night in my TT . Great close racing with mostly S and A DR. All S SR obviously. Until my last race where I lost the pole position on an off -tired I guess - clawed my way back to 4th 2nd place guy screws up on the last chicane (last corner) on last lap, proceeds to run 3rd place off the road , fails to retain the position, I duck under to take advantage, the fool proceeds to try to punt me but fails and I grab second. This guy was A/S , I couldn't understand why someone with that rating would try such a dick move. But then again he was driving a Megane :).

Last edited by a moderator:
Did a GR.4 race last night at Suzuka. Was going great until someone rammed me in the last chicane. Wasn't intentional, just doesn't know how to use their brakes. Some people need to practice 1st before jumping online.

Did a GR.4 race last night at Suzuka. Was going great until someone rammed me in the last chicane. Wasn't intentional, just doesn't know how to use their brakes. Some people need to practice 1st before jumping online.

My biggest gripe is when people try to pass you in that last big left hander. Imo if you didn't have a run to complete the pass before the corner youre just going to Jack it up for both of us but mostly it's the guy on the out side threat gets the short end.

PS the M3s were the ones to beat in that race.

1st go at the brands hatch gr4 today, I had no idea what my viper was going to be like on fuel, so I let a Megane pass me while I was being conservative and then I spent 9 laps stuck behind it. Doh!
I wouldn't have progressed onto the next car had I got past, but I kicked myself all the same.

Daily race B can be bad for your Sportmanship rating if you get placed near the middle. The first wo races I qualified around 4th but got wiped out by wreckless drivers, had to claw my way back and finished near the top. In my 3rd race I managed to get pole and stayed calm for the win.
The Daily Race C was a much clamer affair and I managed to regain my lost rating but have yet to win it.
I dont really fancy racing the RX-7 around Tokyo.

Yesterday the Gr3 race was crazy. All S S and A S but when racing nearer the front it was rough. Didn't help getting matched with the same players all the time.

I messed up my strategy several times and made big mistakes on track due to being a bit flustered with the rough treatment. Hate those drivers who just run you wide when you're side by side with them.

Ended up winning my last race which I was happy with.

10 laps at brands with gr4 doesn't require a fuel stop. Gt86 can do it all on map 1 with fuel to spare.

Good racing for the most part in sr s, but more than a few instances of been left no room on the outside. Most places on that track it screws your entire race. Can we have an s+ category.

I'm not liking the C races where pitting is optional, clubbing with the map causes me to make silly mistakes and more preoccupied with it than focusing on race. Much prefer mandatory pits.
Even though I get distracted and make more mistakes, I like the strategy involved and had some fun races with drivers pitting vs not pitting. The Tire Wear and Fuel Consumption multipliers will keep variety in the game. Maybe that will help change the advantages certain cars have.

I'm not liking the C races where pitting is optional, clubbing with the map causes me to make silly mistakes and more preoccupied with it than focusing on race. Much prefer mandatory pits.
Having some troube with managing the fuel as well. I also dont like that i have to miss radar for it cause rearview is already limited in cockpit view. But even when there are pitstops i lose time in the pit for having to take more fuel. Looks like i am gonna have to up my fuel saving game cause its costing me in the race.

I started testing in custom races with the same settings to get a better idea of how to manage things before entering a race.

Having some troube with managing the fuel as well. I also dont like that i have to miss radar for it cause rearview is already limited in cockpit view. But even when there are pitstops i lose time in the pit for having to take more fuel. Looks like i am gonna have to up my fuel saving game cause its costing me in the race.

I started testing in custom races with the same settings to get a better idea of how to manage things before entering a race.
same here, I depend on the radar and end up switch back and 4th . In the process accidentally adjusting BB and activating TCS. ugh

same here, I depend on the radar and end up switch back and 4th . In the process accidentally adjusting BB and activating TCS. ugh
I even pressed the share button sitting right below my D-pad on my wheel couple times. That immediately put the game in options and switches to share menu. Very frustating during a race lol.

10 laps at brands with gr4 doesn't require a fuel stop. Gt86 can do it all on map 1 with fuel to spare.

Good racing for the most part in sr s, but more than a few instances of been left no room on the outside. Most places on that track it screws your entire race. Can we have an s+ category.

That's not true of all cars. The Ferrari can't do all ten laps unless the map is turned down. I did 9 lap in the Mustang on map 1 and the last lap on map 6.

I even pressed the share button sitting right below my D-pad on my wheel couple times. That immediately put the game in options and switches to share menu. Very frustating during a race lol.
Haha , some folks don't like the fanatec dpad as a joystick, but I think it's perfect for this kind of application.

Isn't this part of what makes it more realistic? (Ignoring the fact that in real life there is a race engineer calculating all of this for the driver and telling them what buttons to push.)

Isn't this part of what makes it more realistic? (Ignoring the fact that in real life there is a race engineer calculating all of this for the driver and telling them what buttons to push.)
Not when you can't figure out consumption in practice and quali. It just becomes an annoyance, and guess work. But aside from that if you could see consumption other than on the map screen or both map and radar could co exist it would be immensely welcome.

I am actually thinking of using the F1 wheel i have for the t300 or maybe change the button settings if possible.
I'm using the F1 wheel on the T300 and it's great to use the dials for the HUD stuff. Go here, under Buttons mapping, PS3 "Normal Mode" shows the assignments.

Won the Brand Hatch 4 times today in the Aston Martin! :embarrassed:

That track is so much fun, seeing all the the cars that flyes of the track in every other corner :lol:

I'm using the F1 wheel on the T300 and it's great to use the dials for the HUD stuff. Go here, under Buttons mapping, PS3 "Normal Mode" shows the assignments.
Thanks that will help. Always a pain to figure out what is what on PS4 with the F1 add on. Will try it out later, see if it helps.

Not when you can't figure out consumption in practice and quali. It just becomes an annoyance, and guess work. But aside from that if you could see consumption other than on the map screen or both map and radar could co exist it would be immensely welcome.
You can go to arcade and create a custom race with same amount of laps, tirewear and fuel consumption to figure it out before a race. Takes some time though. Also there is a thread on GTP where someone calculated fuel efficiancy for most cars. You can use it to calculate if a no stop is possible and in what map it can be done.

You can go to arcade and create a custom race with same amount of laps, tirewear and fuel consumption to figure it out before a race. Takes some time though. Also there is a thread on GTP where someone calculated fuel efficiancy for most cars. You can use it to calculate if a no stop is possible and in what map it can be done.
I will try that. Seems like a pain though.

I'm like you. I occasionally want to do these races but don't want to take the time to practice fuel strategy in arcade mode, then spend more time qualifying before even starting a race. I also find myself making mistakes fumbling through the fuel map/radar throughout a race like others have said...

Otherwise, probably 90% of my time in game is spent in daily races, and my only wish is that they'd give us more than 3 options a day.

It is a bit yeah. But you dont really need to do the full 10 laps. If its 10 laps you can burn 10% fuel per lap if you want to go for a no stop. A couple of laps should be enough to see if you can do 10% per lap.

Won the Brand Hatch 4 times today in the Aston Martin! :embarrassed:

That track is so much fun, seeing all the the cars that flyes of the track in every other corner :lol:

Lol yeah I can see that happening though I only tried one race. Started 15th and finished 3rd simply because everyone seemed to be in the mood for a picnic in the grass. Helped that I didnt make any mistakes which is rare for me.

Can someone please tell me, at what time the daily-races get changed? (Europe)

Is it possible to take part in Race C (Gr. 4) without pitstop today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back