"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Won the Brand Hatch 4 times today in the Aston Martin! :embarrassed:

That track is so much fun, seeing all the the cars that flyes of the track in every other corner :lol:

I had x2 races there last night and for an SR:S field it was a **** show. No patience, people overtaking at stupid places. I got bumped off apex from behind and attempted overtakes which, even when I saw it coming, still got taken out.

Unfortunately I lost it and drove the remaining laps like a man possessed and gave as good as I took. I'm not proud, but the moral of the story for me is "never racing at Brands again" lol.

It is a great track when you get people that can actually race and drive.

Awesome dailies today. Race C should be epic.
Race A - RX-7 One-Make at Suzuka East
Race B - Gr. 3 at Nurburgring GP
Race C - Gr. 4 at Kyoto Driving Park + Miyabi | Fuel x4 Tires x9

Pretty sure most people just push as hard as possible Fuel Map 1 until they have to pit for fuel and the game changer is if you also change tires or not. Some people don't mind scrubby tires and can make them work while others will be hunted down.

I really wish they went for timed races instead since 10 laps is a totally different amount of time whether you're at Suzuka East or Nurburgring GP. Race A and B should be set at 10 minutes and Race C set at 20 minutes. Simple as that.

So I finally finished GT League and all the mission challenges with all gold and now it was time to do my very first sport mode race today. I chose to start off easy only doing the RX7 one make race at Suzuka east course. I didn't qualify so I would start in the back and slowly work my way into sport mode and not take anyone out.

I've done two races now both 100% clean and no penalties. I started last and worked my way up to 5th but finished 6th all with no assist but ABS default.
I got more enjoyment out of sport mode than I thought I would and it's definitely not easy avoiding all the chaos but I somehow managed to and was one of only 2 people not to receive a penalty. Not to bad for my first time but I know that won't happen every time.

Did Yamayabi twice in the Atenza. First time I tried a no stop strategy but the pitlane is so short it made no difference and I lunched my RF by L4. Made it all the way on Map 2 though. Q12 F14.
Second time, full juice, stop and a splash and Q10 to F6.
Then I got obsessed with qualifying and trying to master Yamayabi. Really like it but that camber change into and exiting Miyabi is a RWD killer. Best time was with the Citroen but I never raced with it because I ran out of time and had to go to work!

I've just had the best 2-3 Gr4 races (the last one in particular) that were mega close clean racing. I'm officially in love with my T150 as well. Took my first win as wheel user.

I'm feeling super happy.

Had a rough start to my night to with some SR:S players that felt to me like they belonged on SR:E. But all came good later in the evening :)

Qualified with a 1.26.5xx which I was pleased with as well.

Daily race at Suzuka with the beautiful RX7, but the results are nothing to talk about :). What do people think about the soft sport tires that is normally used for the commercial cars, should the grip be a little more? I want to drive with no TC, but for this race it was almost impossible to do, so I had to switch it on for more stable and more boring driving.

I only do Daily races.
I was up to DR B and SR S - which is SO much better competing in because you rarely get spastics ramming into you. But I got one that intentionally pushed me off track (I dropped from 1st to 13th within two corners) and kept getting bumping and grinding into... my race was basically over in one lap by the 2nd corner because one person couldn't race fairly...
So I made it my mission to wipe this bastard out and ruin his race too. Probably not the smartest thing to do, but he made my blood boil.

Long story short - that put me back to SR B - and I've had to drive my way back to SR S classes...
The level of sportsmanship is dramatic I've found comparing the two.

I had x2 races there last night and for an SR:S field it was a **** show. No patience, people overtaking at stupid places. I got bumped off apex from behind and attempted overtakes which, even when I saw it coming, still got taken out.

Unfortunately I lost it and drove the remaining laps like a man possessed and gave as good as I took. I'm not proud, but the moral of the story for me is "never racing at Brands again" lol.

It is a great track when you get people that can actually race and drive.

I did this in the Porsche after getting taken out about 3 times over 10 laps. Got to the point where I'd had enough and drove it hard, disregarding sportsmanship. I drove from 18th to 7th :)
Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do..

Quite possibly had my worst night of racing, ever. Have had a good run of late, and was steadily climbing the rankings, but it just wasn't my night. Races stacked with SS and AS drivers (I'm a low/middle BS), getting punted by a recovering faster driver when I'd left him plenty of room to pass me. And then I did the Gr3 race at Bathurst... Got through qualifying okay (6th, not bad), but then there was the race. Pushing, shoving, uncertainty about how many cars can go through forest elbow at the same time...

In all, thanks to some bad luck and poor driving by myself and others, I dropped close to 3000 DR points.

Hopefully tomorrow (well, today now) will be better.

Quite possibly had my worst night of racing, ever. Have had a good run of late, and was steadily climbing the rankings, but it just wasn't my night. Races stacked with SS and AS drivers (I'm a low/middle BS), getting punted by a recovering faster driver when I'd left him plenty of room to pass me. And then I did the Gr3 race at Bathurst... Got through qualifying okay (6th, not bad), but then there was the race. Pushing, shoving, uncertainty about how many cars can go through forest elbow at the same time...

In all, thanks to some bad luck and poor driving by myself and others, I dropped close to 3000 DR points.

Hopefully tomorrow (well, today now) will be better.

I'm going to skip racing at Alsace today and just focus on Bathurst.

Likely going to get grouped with a field of mostly S/S and A/S again (I'm nearly S/S) and my past 2 FIA races I've had mediocre qualifiers (middle of the pack) which put me into trouble.
Hoping to get into the top 5 today in qualifying and "fingers crossed" get away from the carnage that will inevitably be Bathurst, especially in GR.3

Likely going to get grouped with a field of mostly S/S and A/S again (I'm nearly S/S) and my past 2 FIA races I've had mediocre qualifiers (middle of the pack) which put me into trouble.
Hoping to get into the top 5 today in qualifying and "fingers crossed" get away from the carnage that will inevitably be Bathurst, especially in GR.3

Good luck.

Try driving a small RWD car like the Beetle, in such a tight road like those at Bathurst, you will want to drive a car with shorter wheelbase and smaller in size.

Last edited:
I had one of my worst races last night (Gr4 - kept getting hit from blind spots while I was turning...on the racing line...and a few of the times it was by the same car...amazed that this was an SR:S race) followed immediately by one of my best (Gr3 - started in 2nd against a lot of higher rated drivers, took the lead and held it for a few laps, but couldn't hold on to take the checkered flag...finished 2nd). Still chasing my first victory...

Some lucky escapes from yesterday's daily race

I wonder what happened to that car that went wide
0PPZVx8.gif

There he is.

How am I going to overtake this erratic threesome
nMg0SxA.gif

That's better

Ofcourse business as usual
GuW80PD.gif

Don't be on the outside of a laggy car

Today's Daily B is fun, lot of contact in SR.S though. Lag doesn't help.

Did the Alfa road car, started in 7th and stayed there. Did Alsace Gr.3, was trying to get a good qualifying lap, thought I was well short and expected an 8th or 9th spot. Ended in 1st with a 1:53.7. Beginning of race almost got hit off, the guy behind me was a good guy and backed off slightly. Ended up get both pole positions for a trophy. Although handling in race seemed worse, my fastest lap was 1:54.5 in race. In qualifying I had several 1:53 times. Nevertheless was fun, Alsace is a very fun track with nice flow. I was using Atenza btw, the others in top 5 were Porsche and one Mercedes.

Thought the 4C road car was fun, started 9th and finished 4th despite the guy who finished 3rd punting me off the track 3 times - was quite glad to see he was relegated to SR A at the end of the race though whereas I got my blue S.

I'm still a bit slow through turn 2 at Maggiore though as I'm frequently being whacked from behind and it seems like everyone else gets a faster exit than me.

Thought the 4C road car was fun, started 9th and finished 4th despite the guy who finished 3rd punting me off the track 3 times - was quite glad to see he was relegated to SR A at the end of the race though whereas I got my blue S.

I'm still a bit slow through turn 2 at Maggiore though as I'm frequently being whacked from behind and it seems like everyone else gets a faster exit than me.
I just did that race again, and it was absolute chaos. Fun and frustrating all at the same time. Got a 10 second penalty on the first lap for something (hard to figure out what in the carnage) but was able to survive for 4th place. Not doing that one again.

It was the carnage that enabled me to gain so many places. :lol:

Went from 9th to 6th on the first corner by avoiding trouble, then lost a place on the second corner after getting shunted from behind and winding up with two wheels on the grass (the first time the villain who wound up 3rd hit me). Got up to 3rd for a while before the villain knocked me off again on after running into the back of me on the same corner, then on the last lap I passed him on the inside of the turn 5 (second hairpin, the longer one) but he just drove directly into the back of my car and shunted me off for the third time, so I had to settle for 4th place.

Last edited:
Loved the 4C races yesterday. I deliberately didn't qualify as I feared the first 2 corners predictable carnage - and I was right! I did 3 races. First one from 15th to 4th, that was a good feeling. Next was 16th to 8th, not quite as successul but still a good clean race (on my behalf anyway!) and my final event saw me go from 16th to 2nd! That was epic . . . . but . . . I probably only made 5 or 6 real overtakes. The rest of the places were purely made up from others crashing. It just goes to show that even in a sprint race, consistency and attentive braking gets you further. I'm DR C because I'm not particularly fast but consistent and I'm SR S as a reflection of that.

Just had a good Gr4 race at Willow Springs in my little Toyota 86. Probably didn't need to pit, but the tyres would have been atrocious by lap 12. Gained a position or two from people falling off the road (Willow Springs punishes mistakes) and ended up 2nd. Only bad driving I saw was an early tussle for the lead, and a back marker who may not have known that I was trying to lap him.

Hey ! I'm new at this forum.

Today's Daily Race C is pretty cool. Got a race against a Top 10 player and won it. I was on a 0-stop strategy and it worked ! His mistake helped me a little too.

I'm racing with the NSX. I've done 1'16"222, which is very close to the Top 10 ! I know the M4 is a bit faster but the Gr.4 BoP works well. The car is very comfortable expect when tires are gone. The 2 last laps are hard.

Another race but not same result. Starting from pole, players don't know how to manage fuel and only run at 100%. It means I can't increase the gap. Got overtaked after a few laps but not fairly. He can't follow his line. I try to recover but got a bit unlucky. Finished 4th.

Here is the video :

Enjoy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back