"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks,

I went on the safe side to be sure I stayed on track. Didn't use the MR meta because I struggle with them, the Porsche has poor view from cockpit (steering wheel turn and hide the track), kept TC on and use a car I feel confortable in it.

When I saw the yellow flag at the chicane then the ghosted cars I just went sraight trough them and crossed my fingers.

What I love about the RSR cockpit is the rear view dash screen. So useful during races.

lol you had a Days Of Thunder moment going through the ghosts lol. They really need a loading bar above the car so you know when it will unghost. Right now we’re rolling the dice.

Had one screw me at Dragon last week. He went through the chicane and hit the wall, ghosted and I went for it.....anddd rear ended him. So dumb.

PD offers good combo this week. Race A is a pretty fun and I did couple of race there but I could'nt resist the sexy rainy Spa. It looks so good!!!:bowdown:

The races are pretty clean at Spa, like Nurb North 2 weeks ago, the cost of going off track is high so people are more respectful.
I manage a awesome win starting from 16th.

49435077071_b393d373fd_c.jpg

Was great racing from the back this week at Spa we did a couples together im GT-PSYCHO- but yesterday like a idiot i finished a lap in a practice lap so tomorrow i will start at the front lollll , everyone was mostly clean racing this week only had a couples ruined races but it was always the same guy who missile me every time at first corner or up the hill

That's funny everyone tell me the AMG has very little tyre & fuel and you have come along and said the opposite.
What times where you getting in race C?
I not fast as you can see by my post but yet I managed to keep my tyres until the end very little wear & my fuel was fine.
I short shifted & only set my fuel to level 2 for the slow section for one or two laps for 1 race otherwise I kept it @ 1
I used the IM for 1 race & the W for another.
No TC.

I used heavy wet tires in the race and tire wear was clearly my fault. Also the drop off in grip was attributed to my driving not the car. Lap times were not anything special 2:40's mostly, maybe a 2:39 at the fastest. Like I said in my later post, I watched a replay and seen where I was doing some self inflicted damage. Rain really takes a different level of finesse that I wasn't accustomed to.

I'm the opposite. I would rather deal with oversteer. Not TONS mind you, but I would much rather have over steer than under steer.

I simply find it easier to adjust where I'm going when I have more direction to play with. When a car under steers, I simply am not going where I want to go. It just slows me down.

Not surprisingly, the AMG is one of my least used and least winning cars. The Huracan, R8, etc, all have FAR FAR more wins in my garage.
You're on a controller right? That's really surprising because for me, it's the complete opposite. I haven't even raced the Huracan and I rarely use the Audi. I've probably had 2 or 3 wins with it, whilst I've easily won over a dozen races in the AMG. It's obviously a preference thing.

I've been having some great, mostly clean races at wonderful rainy Spa this week. My Q time of 2'38"0 in the Audi has consistently given me a decent starting position, which I feel has helped my odds in the races. I've been finishing top 5 for the most part, with quite a few podiums, and finally WIN # 50!!

It's only taken 2,650 races to hit the milestone since buying the game in July 2018. I'm a little prouder of my consistent SR-S rating for over 300 days and counting. Looking at my DR graph, it's not hard to see when tracks like the Nordschliefe, Tokyo East and now Spa come up, as I do well at those places and the spike in my DR is quite noticeable. Realistically, I feel I am a high DR-B / high SR-S driver.

So on to the next 50, let's hope it happens before GT 7 drops! :D
win050.jpg
DRSR.jpg

Was great racing from the back this week at Spa we did a couples together im GT-PSYCHO- but yesterday like a idiot i finished a lap in a practice lap so tomorrow i will start at the front lollll , everyone was mostly clean racing this week only had a couples ruined races but it was always the same guy who missile me every time at first corner or up the hill

Yeah, it was good sharing the track with you. :gtpflag:

I've been having some great, mostly clean races at wonderful rainy Spa this week. My Q time of 2'38"0 in the Audi has consistently given me a decent starting position, which I feel has helped my odds in the races. I've been finishing top 5 for the most part, with quite a few podiums, and finally WIN # 50!!

It's only taken 2,650 races to hit the milestone since buying the game in July 2018. I'm a little prouder of my consistent SR-S rating for over 300 days and counting. Looking at my DR graph, it's not hard to see when tracks like the Nordschliefe, Tokyo East and now Spa come up, as I do well at those places and the spike in my DR is quite noticeable. Realistically, I feel I am a high DR-B / high SR-S driver.

So on to the next 50, let's hope it happens before GT 7 drops! :D
View attachment 884703 View attachment 884704

Nice looking graph! 👍 Congrats on your 50th win :cheers:

I bet the big dip to SR.C is when they add Monza to the game!

I'm actually thinking it'll be the Miata TC.

Which will suck. Because PDs BoP ruins it.
I feel the good thing is, Laguna Seca is a shorter track than say, Suzuka. Suzuka has the longish straights that were no good for the low HP high downforce MazdaTC. With more turning and elevation changes, it's going to suit the momentum nature of the car(if it is the Mazda TC).

Tracks like Brands Hatch, Interlagos, the short Maggiore layouts, etc. those suit momentum cars. We'll see.

Lots of races at Spa this week, some from the front and some from the back. This was my best in-race lap of the week. I thought it was clean enough to keep. Best finishing time has been 18:26.

Gr.3 Porsche - 2:36.695, Heavy Wets, BB-4

Last edited:
Had a Nurburgring Race B lobby open earlier. Things i've learnt from it:

The racing was clean and respectful through all Dr's And Sr's. But... my rooms are clean or kick.

The AMG merc was a solid choice for stability. The Atzena was also a multiple race winner.

Fastest finishing time I saw was 7 minutes 48 by several A+ drivers. My best was around 7 minutes 58 with traffic here and there.

And finally, qualifying will be everything here. Sure, you can overtake. But the hungry herd will soon catch your battle if you start battling.

Hope this information is of some use.

I just met someone with an awful internet connection in Race A calling himself "Behold the lag" and his lobby entry message was "Lagging = Ramming without penalties". I'm not kidding.

Aside from obvious cars Porsche, Audi, and AMG anyone running any other cars? Also anyone have luck running the Ford GT? I want to try it out, but wasn't sure how it does on tires and gas. I've used it in regular dailies and I actually like it.
I finally got a chance to do some racing last night. Another "slow" week...the lack of laps really hurts me. Tried all 3 races, but my jump to A has been cruel, and I've been gridded near last in rooms that are out of my league on my main account, so I raced from the back on my alt last night. A is a punt-fest, but C has been fun. I've been sticking to the Beetle since I don't have a lot of time to test cars. I've been consistant with it, with a best finish of 6th, and a best lap of 39.8. I can make the distance on fuel using 2 and some short shifts and bumps to 3 on a couple of laps, but most of my races I pitted and finished 9-12.
Is anybody making the distance at full power in anything? Playing with fuel settings, and trying to switch back to radar, is a sure way for me to drive into the grass, so I try not to mess much. I might try the Benz, but I have no idea of how much fuel it uses. Oh, tires on the bug are a non issue...another reason I'm using it. That best lap was the last lap of that race.
Any info of fuel use for other cars would be appreciated!

Edit: In case anyone was wondering, rears wear a bit more, but only 1/5 red at the end, and that's with TCS at 0. Fronts are just 1/8 to 1/10 red. Can't really feel a difference in tires, start to finish, at the pace I'm going. (Figure 40 flat)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back