"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you're actually 7th because Josette has 2 times in the top 10. Quite a crappy thing to do by him IMO. I'm not his biggest fan as him and a few other Spanish players did me dirty at Le Mans Gr1 daily then they all must have reported me because I got banned from PSN for a week.
I know I am :) I don't get why you would set qualifying times on two accounts (makes sense for the second account to start from the back), but it doesn't really bother me. All it will affect is that, if I end up 11th when the event closes, I'm still labeling the lap on YT as a regional top 10 :lol:

I know I am :) I don't get why you would set qualifying times on two accounts (makes sense for the second account to start from the back), but it doesn't really bother me. All it will affect is that, if I end up 11th when the event closes, I'm still labeling the lap on YT as a regional top 10 :lol:

Quite right. It was with his Twitch account starting from the back when I saw him, but he obviously has had a change of mind and setting times with both accounts now.

I hope PD do something about multiple accounts in the next game but I doubt anything can be done about it as people share consoles a lot I guess.

Next week's dailies:
Race A: N300 @ Big Willow, 4 laps, SH
Race B: Gr.4 @ Red Bull Ring, 5 laps, RH
Race C: Gr.3 @ Interlagos, 12 laps, RH, Fuel x3, Tires x5
No tyre choice/requirement for Race C? That’s disappointing, my most enjoyable races tend to be those with pit strategy & tyre choice...

Also I wonder if the N300 is Car Provided or player’s choice... certainly something faster than the last 3!

maybe it’s the 2019 Supra again

No tyre choice/requirement for Race C? That’s disappointing, my most enjoyable races tend to be those with pit strategy & tyre choice...

Also I wonder if the N300 is Car Provided or player’s choice... certainly something faster than the last 3!

maybe it’s the 2019 Supra again

I’m guessing it’s the JDM cars again or the old Mustang.

Yeah to be fair I was quite disappointed with the settings as well. Fuel set to x3 usually means you can go flat out to the end, and x5 tire wear on hards only is very low. Easy no stop :indiff:

had my first chance to actually race this week, yesterday afternoon. I did 11 race A in a row starting at 12. all but one of them were great racing, and that one was most likely a racing incident. I was starting top 3 and finishing top 3 every time. the people your racing makes all the difference in the world when it comes to clean or dirty races.

next week at willow will probably be another good one. happy Friday to all:cheers::gtpflag:

So I was goofing off doing qual last night and after trying a few different cars I decided it was time to go in country.
Qual placed me in the eight hole in Italy and I felt prepped for a strong offensive deep into enemy territory.
I made a very aggressive assault inside turn 4 to gain a position lap one in my striking Yahoo sponsored vette provided by @sturk0167.
Looking at the rear view I noticed a Toyota behind me followed suit.
In the final turn lap one I went a bit deep and compromised the vettes ability to power out a little bit.
I was vulnerable. The Toyota has hit the apex full speed, so I moved left to take an inside approach and not disrupt his momentum.
He exited out to the right and pulled out but hit the wall of air...He then pulled back behind and made like he was going to go up the inside, but seeing him I shifted left more and he relented and got around my outside 2x2 through turn 1.
I went wide approaching turn 2 since he was now on the inner edge of the track.
Figured he’d overshoot which he did but my crossover failed and I hit him going about 47 mph.
He was going 34 with brake on completely blocking everything in that turn.
I lost him for a couple lapse but lap three I ran 57.1 and midway through last lap I was on his bumper.
Final sector on the penultimate turn I had a strong run, but he was holding inside so I wasn’t gonna lift and I used the extra runoff on the inside to pass, but while passing he is turning into me hard slowing me down.
I had control of track position into the final turn where he again turned in on me but I beat him to take 4th by .4
My track pen of .5 gave him back 4th.
So multiple minor incidents but no pens or sr down, which was good.
I raced angrily, so I didn’t enter anymore.
My head wasn’t really in the game yesterday and didn’t want to ruin anyone’s race.
Sometimes retreat is the best option when your mind is having trouble seeing the light.

In my opinion Pd has really stepped up with the daily races. Lately they have been a lot better!

Agreed. The one-make race should be a nuanced combination of a fun car on the right track creating a unique driving experience. Both the Supra last week and the corolla this week achieve that. It's also good to see lesser-used tracks in the rotation.

Agreed. The one-make race should be a nuanced combination of a fun car on the right track creating a unique driving experience. Both the Supra last week and the corolla this week achieve that. It's also good to see lesser-used tracks in the rotation.
Peugeot 208 at Alsace was great too.

Months ago but Camaros at Maggiore was memorable too.

Secret Big Willow wish list, detuned N400 Raptors and Tundras. :D

Yeah to be fair I was quite disappointed with the settings as well. Fuel set to x3 usually means you can go flat out to the end, and x5 tire wear on hards only is very low. Easy no stop :indiff:
I've only ever raced FR cars at that track.. I'd like to switch it up a bit this time around..
Any MR recommendations?
(that aren't the R8, the Huracan or the predictable 911 :lol:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back