"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised they weren't able to snag kart tracks in with the other contract deals. Even Suzuka has a Kart track adjacent to the main track.
That would awesome. There's also a cool one nestled within Spa between Virage and Blanchimont... wouldn't it be cool to have all those bespoke kart tracks that are part of the real world complexes, to race in GT?!?

Next week's races are already up:

A - Gr.4 (specially provided car) - Suzuka East - 7 laps
B - Gr.3 - Spa - 3 laps
C - Gr.4 - Dragon Trail - Seaside II 10 laps - 3x fuel, 5x tyres

Guessing the FF cars at Suzuka, and again a no-stopper at DTS, tyre wear probably won't even be enough to stop the FF cars dominating.
Maybe a return of the GR.4 RC F at DTS II?

Race A could be the Slophy. Didn't we use to have that race when that car debuted?

They use that for drifting. Just to the southwest of the pits is a go-kart track, and there is a skid pad that is part of the final turn for Streets of Willow. East of Streets is a couple of figure 8 tracks. It's a pretty eclectic racing complex.
I notice that PD have never chosen to use Willow Springs in reverse configuration - Herbie managed to use it that way in The Love Bug (although it was called Jackrabbit Springs in the film!). Not strictly true though, as the race appears to be run in the right direction, but Herbie enters the pits from the wrong end (2:28 in the video)....

Another few hours of great racing at willow springs after work today. The racing was hard but clean and fair. I just can't get enough of this game when the racing is like this. Was happy to see a few friends @BenRod @sturk0167 always nice to share the track with yous. That last race was a fantastic way to end the day for me. Thanks, sturk. Oh and on a personal note, i got to A+ today. Never thought that would happen....

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I'm pretty 🤬 tired of Spa races. I don't really have much fun at that track. :yuck:

I agee. I like running time trial laps there, but racing there is very difficult for me. The track feels very narrow, and I can't figure out where there are any places to make safe passes.

I am total noob on GT Sport. Recently got a wheel. Struggling to match my controller pace. I am easily around 2 seconds slower. Thinking of concentrating only on daily race A for this week. Any suggestion on how I could Improve my lap times

Practice, practice, practice.

I was expecting to see you at Willow Springs.

With a squishy suspension FWD car at Big Willie, not the same as Gr. 4 RWD cars. Just sayin'.

Thank you, Al. :cheers:
Check this out. I found an image that shows all of the Willow Springs tracks together.
They should go a little further uphill from Horse Thief Mile, and make a dirt track. That would be awesome! 👍
willow-springs-earth-lg.jpg

By the way, from this angle, Big Willow looks like an extremely easy track. :lol:

Looks like a big whale to me. But, I must be good at fishing because it's my best track.

The Lambo usually wins out at Seaside in Gr.4 if I remember correctly.

Unless I get a good starting spot. :mischievous:

I am total noob on GT Sport. Recently got a wheel. Struggling to match my controller pace. I am easily around 2 seconds slower. Thinking of concentrating only on daily race A for this week. Any suggestion on how I could Improve my lap times
Took me about 1-2 months to match my DS4 times on the wheel, so give it time.

For improving on A race: BB towards the back (+4 is a good starting point) to try to get that pirate ship of a car to rotate around the turns on top of the hill. Take your time going through the final turn; try not to have the car slide too much (dont suddenly go from 100% braking to 25% braking or less), and use some throttle to get the car pointing at the apex.

(pls excuse the music, didn't know how to get rid of it:banghead:)

One of the better races in the Daily Race A, still kinda not used to driving street cars on this game since I basically drive GT cars predominantly. Almost got 3rd near the end, but I'll get one sooner or later. Not bad as a dude on a controller!

I remember the MR cars and WRX/Evo were good in the wet. Not sure about dry. I'm thinking AMG and Supra. Big Lex might work her way out the garage, for a play.

I notice that PD have never chosen to use Willow Springs in reverse configuration - Herbie managed to use it that way in The Love Bug (although it was called Jackrabbit Springs in the film!). Not strictly true though, as the race appears to be run in the right direction, but Herbie enters the pits from the wrong end (2:28 in the video)....

Awesome find, thanks for sharing it. It looks like the reason for the opposite direction is because the driver side camera angle is only available when entering the pit from the wrong way. So they filmed the whole race in the correct direction and then filmed the pit lane in the opposite direction so we could see the driver's reaction on the open side of the pit.

Interlagos has to be one of my favourite tracks on this game, feels like actually racing and setting up passes works well, compared to some tracks where you're just waiting for people in front to run off, or for someone to punt you off.

Managed to take a second off my quali time last night, put me 7th on the grid, and had a fun clean race, one guy in a Z4 was a bit lairy, so let him through when he went for a divebomb, and sat on his tail until he span himself off trying it on someone else. Had a good battle with a 911 for a few laps, I got past and then ran wide before Juncao, and the penalty let him and the Z4 back past. Got past the Z4, but the 911 was a couple of seconds up the road by then, and could only match him until he caught the AMG in front. I caught them on lap 11 just as the 911 passed the AMG, who ran wide out of Juncao, so I had the run on him into T1, and got past. He ran into the side of me, if he'd stayed wide he'd probably have got me back into T4, but that was it, ended up P5, SR back to 99, and DR just short of 14k, still all time high!!

Next week's races are already up:

A - Gr.4 (specially provided car) - Suzuka East - 7 laps
B - Gr.3 - Spa - 3 laps
C - Gr.4 - Dragon Trail - Seaside II 10 laps - 3x fuel, 5x tyres

Guessing the FF cars at Suzuka, and again a no-stopper at DTS, tyre wear probably won't even be enough to stop the FF cars dominating.

Nice to see an original combo as race A. Spa as race B with a rolling start is pretty uninteresting honestly, with those deltas there are cars in no man's land right at the start :indiff: Seaside II is the better Seaside in my opinion, the bus stop goes from chicane of death to chicane of mild inconvenience :sly: Don't know what's up with the multipliers again though, another easy no stop :odd:

Nice to see an original combo as race A. Spa as race B with a rolling start is pretty uninteresting honestly, with those deltas there are cars in no man's land right at the start :indiff: Seaside II is the better Seaside in my opinion, the bus stop goes from chicane of death to chicane of mild inconvenience :sly: Don't know what's up with the multipliers again though, another easy no stop :odd:
Yeah, but after the "COMI" ;) , "peak-a-boo corner" aka "shunt of desperation" aka "beach blanket bingo" aka "my brakes are you" left-hander, is just ahead. :scared:

Yeah, but after the "COMI" ;) , "peak-a-boo corner" aka "shunt of desperation" aka "beach blanket bingo" aka "my brakes are you" left-hander, is just ahead. :scared:

I hate that corner, feels like I'm never going to get to the apex, and then it appears and I'm still going too fast and I've crashed. Or alternatively I've nearly stopped 100m short of the corner, just can't get it right.

Question - Outside of some time trial events, does PD ever release daily races where car tuning is allowed? I've only been online for 2 weeks, so I do not have the history.

Came across someone at Willow Springs Race A who's psn ID I had recognised from the overall wins leaderboard (nearly 2500 sport mode wins) This was interesting as I have participated in over 1500 races and haven't seen him before, leaving me to wonder what the tactic was to keep his SR down so that he never encounters someone who is third split or higher (in this case, me)

I safely navigated the last corner before the finish with a one second lead in the next two races, and it was at that moment where he just quit the race both times.

So turns out the strategy is not crashing into everyone else, but just quitting as soon as its certain that you won't win.

Came across someone at Willow Springs Race A who's psn ID I had recognised from the overall wins leaderboard (nearly 2500 sport mode wins) This was interesting as I have participated in over 1500 races and haven't seen him before, leaving me to wonder what the tactic was to keep his SR down so that he never encounters someone who is third split or higher (in this case, me)

I safely navigated the last corner before the finish with a one second lead in the next two races, and it was at that moment where he just quit the race both times.

So turns out the strategy is not crashing into everyone else, but just quitting as soon as its certain that you won't win.
That's a dumb strategy. He probably doesn't even have fun. He must be trying to hit some kind of goal for wins.

Here's a fun one from yesterday. This guy went into the dirt after turn 1, and so did I (I'm the black car in his rear-view). Well, since I was already over there.......

Question - Outside of some time trial events, does PD ever release daily races where car tuning is allowed? I've only been online for 2 weeks, so I do not have the history.

When daily races were daily, there were a lot with tuning back in 2018 although since the switch to weekly races, there's only been one at Tsukuba with the RX-7.

Tuning generally has mixed views so I'd guess that's a reason we almost never see them anymore.

I raced with a guy one day who's lobby intro message was something along the lines “90% Win Rate”, he did the same thing as soon as it was clear he wasn’t gonna win. Why brag about Wins/Ratio if you quit every time you don’t Win? :lol:

Last edited:
Any fuel/tyre saving needed for Race C? Using the Mazda
You do not need to save fuel.

As for tire management, I notice they tend to lose a moderate amount of grip around lap 10 (for my driving style and car choice). Yet I have seen the aggressive racers in front of me tend to lose grip around lap 8. I have only seen 3 people make a stop in the 9 C races I have completed this week. When they exited the pits for new tires, they were at the back of the field.

So, do not pit for tires.

Last edited:
Is anyone else finding Interlagos more slippery today than yesterday? I've mainly used the R8 LMS and I slid out 3 - 4 times around tight hairpins and T1 when I never had problems over the last few days. Wondering whether I've gone crazy or I got worse overnight, I asked others in my lobby and several agreed that it felt different.

E: When in doubt, clear network cache. R8 grip level now seems back to 'normal.'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back