"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on. :lol: Obviously I wasn’t suggesting the times to wiped without fixing the exploit, that would be completely pointless.

Well, no one knows for sure but I’m expecting Polyphony to wipe that leaderboard and fix the exploit shortly.
So, the Gr.3 time attack a while back, the Blue Moon Bay T1 wallride...was it fixed?

The last corner, again on BMB but the infield layout, in the Gr.1 FiA race recently, was it fixed?...

And if this wall wasn't fixed ever since the last time this same event was held, chances are, it's not getting fixed anytime soon...

It doesn't really seem to be a per-wall issue, it's about how the game registers contact...and the easiest fix is the one I already mentioned, make all contact invalidate the time. Actually, that wouldn't work for races though... unless an automatic penalty was incurred, but even that could be exploited through player-to-player contact.

It's way more complicated than I expected, I'll tell you that...

So, the Gr.3 time attack a while back, the Blue Moon Bay T1 wallride...was it fixed?

The last corner, again on BMB but the infield layout, in the Gr.1 FiA race recently, was it fixed?...

And if this wall wasn't fixed ever since the last time this same event was held, chances are, it's not getting fixed anytime soon...

It doesn't really seem to be a per-wall issue, it's about how the game registers contact...and the easiest fix is the one I already mentioned, make all contact invalidate the time. Actually, that wouldn't work for races though... unless an automatic penalty was incurred, but even that could be exploited through player-to-player contact.

It's way more complicated than I expected, I'll tell you that...
I don’t remember all the exploits mentioned, save for the Blue Moon Bay Infield wallride but given your wording they weren’t fixed at all. Perhaps I’ve too much faith in PD dealing with this one.

Shouldn’t the game easily be able to differentiate between contact in qualifying and race?

Not my proudest time, but...what can I say? If the game allows it... Met the #1 guy in a couple races, we all agreed not to use the wall because it would just cause chaos... Surprisingly clean racing up there.

fjQq0FC.png

Shoutout to the fellow Croats in the top 10! :gtpflag:

Glad to hear that folks are not using it in the race.

The problem with wall riding is that it really destroys the spirit of racing. What we are allowed shouldn't govern what we should do.

If we just do things that's not illegal, then we should also agree that deliberately bumping people in a way that doesn't cause penalties but rams them out of the corner, should be allowed and be done by everyone too. Force people into the gravel on the side instead of leaving room/deliberately. I mean, why stop at time trials or quali if you just want to climb leaderboards?

This wallride hack's problem is that you somehow can forward momentum even with such a hard contact, a better penalty should really be cutting down momentum more with wall contact/make the walls more "grippy" so you will ever veer into the wall after contact.

Sometimes when you have a battle for P1, the replay cuts look good and it was the case here.

Did a couple Daily Race As and in three/four of those attempts, had @Barra333 queued with me and had interesting chats after every race and he's in this one. Nothing much to say here other than it was a good battle for P1 and had to defend well to finish in first.

Last week at Race A people abused the track limits at chicane.
PD is lost.
We had the exact same Race A less than a year ago.
I know i can do great at Race A and C but will not race with this penalty system. I may enter a couple of races but no intentions for competition. I lost my interest in the game with the last penalty system.

I got back in to the action last night for the first time in three weeks.

Surprisingly had a decent couple of races in race A, not ultra-clean but pretty well-behaved considering the combo.

Disappointing to read about race B, a bit amateurish from PD to let the wall-riding happen.
Seems to me they really need a damage system in the game for all online races, even if it is a rudimentary one.

Will give race C a go tonight I expect.

Came back to get back in to the FIA races but it does seem the game has lost some direction for the majority of players.
Bring on GT7!

That's an odd take... If everyone's doing it, can you really still call it cheating?

The point of setting quali times is finding the fastest way to complete a lap...even without the wallriding, people still cut corners in ways no other game would accept as clean.

It's how it is...no need to bash on the people for the game's shortcomings, come on.
They are not for one minute suggesting you are a dirty driver or a cheat. They are saying this move is dirty and cheating. The fact you are on this forum suggests you care about the game and racing. You said you weren't proud of this, well maybe you shouldn't do something you are not proud of.
I want to race clean and fair. This move is putting me further back from the top time than I would otherwise normally be. As people see this and replicate it I am only pushed further back down the grid meaning my races are hamstrung from the start.
It's like Jurassic Park.
Just because you could, doesn't mean you should.

Narrator: They didn't.
Why did I hear that as Morgan Freeman saying it?

Seems to me they really need a damage system in the game for all online races, even if it is a rudimentary one.

Absolutely, and to build on that I think they should use the "strong" damage setting for all online races, where damage won't fix itself after half a minute. I get that it'd be frustrating on occasion but stuff like this needs consequences.

I suppose the only danger of having the strong damage system would be players purposefully causing damage to others - damage that won't fix itself would be even more of a race-ender than a damaged car for a short while. Potentially they could use a protest system like Iracing for intentional incidents?

Race C are having more people using the F1 and not getting a crash course in the meaning of understeer.

One player help us up so much, we were 10 seconds down on Lap 1. Kept hitting the brakes at the underpasses and at the exit ramp of the up and over before heading to the PZ. Ridiculous.
Why even bother to adorn the car with a livery that's getting skee'd up every lap?

That's an odd take... If everyone's doing it, can you really still call it cheating?

The point of setting quali times is finding the fastest way to complete a lap...even without the wallriding, people still cut corners in ways no other game would accept as clean.

It's how it is...no need to bash on the people for the game's shortcomings, come on.

It breaks the spirit of the game, so yeah, it’s cheating. Make any excuse you want, it’s still not a legit top lap, and never will be. 👍

Last edited:
It breaks the spirit of the game, so yeah, it’s cheating. Make any excuse you want, it’s not a legit top lap, and never will be. 👍
Agreed. If people find a "legal loophole" in order to take performance-enhancing drugs in professional sport, it's still considered cheating, and soon that loophole is closed. This is a loophole in the game coding enabling players to gain an unfair advantage by performing something that shouldn't be possible. It's essentially cheating but enabled by PD's lack of control over this specific condition.

Sometimes when you have a battle for P1, the replay cuts look good and it was the case here.

Did a couple Daily Race As and in three/four of those attempts, had @Barra333 queued with me and had interesting chats after every race and he's in this one. Nothing much to say here other than it was a good battle for P1 and had to defend well to finish in first.

Was good to see you there :). That particular race I got pinballed around but managed to keep it on track. Problem was that I got punted into another car while braking for the hairpin on lap 1 which gave me a 3 sec penalty (you can see me flash by in the background a few times with it). The next race I managed to clear the pack with the top 3 and finished 2nd (with daylight between us). Have to go look at the PM you sent me to get my Q from 2:14.x to at least low 2:12.

Absolutely, and to build on that I think they should use the "strong" damage setting for all online races, where damage won't fix itself after half a minute. I get that it'd be frustrating on occasion but stuff like this needs consequences.

I suppose the only danger of having the strong damage system would be players purposefully causing damage to others - damage that won't fix itself would be even more of a race-ender than a damaged car for a short while. Potentially they could use a protest system like Iracing for intentional incidents?
I am convinced that would turn GTS into a niche game with a fraction of the players within a few weeks, effectively killing the game.
Even those that enjoyed the setting would find them self in vastly mixed lobbies with gaping empty spots.

Edit: even more so with the new pit times. Even slight damage that you need to pit for means race over. It would turn the races into a "the floor is lava" race where no one dared to overtake.

Last edited:
It breaks the spirit of the game, so yeah, it’s cheating. Make any excuse you want, it’s still not a legit top lap, and never will be. 👍
If there's a way, people will find it...and if you want to stay competitive, you'll do it too. I want to stay competitive. I'm not gonna intentionally put myself at a disadvantage just to please my inner simracer. It's just a game in the end...if there was damage, nobody would even think of doing this. It sucks but I'll deal with it. Apart from T1, I did the rest of the lap only 0.2s slower than the top time, so I'd be high above many others anyway, but not if I made a clean lap.

I feel like race C is exposing a glaring lack of racecraft for a lot of people. Way too many people trying to send it full speed up the inside in narrow 1 line corners because the slipstream gives them the impression they are a faster driver. Lots of punts into the hairpin and turn 1 for the same reason as well.

I do like the flow of the track, just wish there was something else other then a 5000 mile long straight for half if it.

But I did get to see 2 guys absolutely destroy each other in my rear view as 1 didn't like getting lunged from about 0.8 back. Scrapped the wall on the straight while watching it in the rear view. They were 0.6 behind exiting the final turn, more than 3.8 behind at turn 1.

Hey folks

Took an extended break from the game as a result of a couple of run-ins with Pneumonia followed by COVID 19. Never thought I would get on first name terms with ambulance drivers......

Anyway, my return to daily races. This will be a short report.

C/S lobbies.

Seemingly now populated with simple minded, rude, disrespectful, arrogant people who now just drive in full arcade game mode. Their cars are weapons, everyone is a target. If passing someone, you get hit. If being passed, you get hit. I have no idea what has happened to the penalty system, suffice it to say that it is broken.

In its current state GTS is not racing. Well not my idea of racing.

I will no doubt persist as the underlying game remains a delight to look at and explore.

I’m just very disappointed and morose at those aspects involving the player base that I am exposed to.

Sorry I couldn’t be more positive.

An RX-V has been racking up a couple podiums and win. It gets swmaped into T1, but since that player starts on RS, gets the cut back and is gone from there. I had jumped in my RX-V and just like the reverse inner layout, it decimates everything in the middle of the lap. Noone can hang with it. Not even the Peugeot VGTs. Top speed takes awhile, but it gets up to about 285km/h behind the F1s. On its own, 274km/h is terminal velocity.

MOved up 9 spots(from 18th) in my no qualy race and only 1 spot(from 9th) in the second, setting a 1:58.777. The F1s are really in the way.

Hey folks

Took an extended break from the game as a result of a couple of run-ins with Pneumonia followed by COVID 19. Never thought I would get on first name terms with ambulance drivers......

Anyway, my return to daily races. This will be a short report.

C/S lobbies.

Seemingly now populated with simple minded, rude, disrespectful, arrogant people who now just drive in full arcade game mode. Their cars are weapons, everyone is a target. If passing someone, you get hit. If being passed, you get hit. I have no idea what has happened to the penalty system, suffice it to say that it is broken.

In its current state GTS is not racing. Well not my idea of racing.

I will no doubt persist as the underlying game remains a delight to look at and explore.

I’m just very disappointed and morose at those aspects involving the player base that I am exposed to.

Sorry I couldn’t be more positive.

I fully agree with you. I am only playing the daily races since january 21 but I am very disappointed with this (non existing) penalty system. For the moment I am DR:C SR:S, but I already dropped into DR/ D several times because of being hit of the track. Yesterday I followed a race in the lobby DR: A+ and it was no better. Even there the jackasses have arrived. I hope GT 7 will be better, otherwise there will be no option as to take it as is is or leave the game. Let's hope for the better in GT7.

If there's a way, people will find it...and if you want to stay competitive, you'll do it too. I want to stay competitive. I'm not gonna intentionally put myself at a disadvantage just to please my inner simracer. It's just a game in the end...if there was damage, nobody would even think of doing this. It sucks but I'll deal with it. Apart from T1, I did the rest of the lap only 0.2s slower than the top time, so I'd be high above many others anyway, but not if I made a clean lap.

The rest of the lap doesn’t mean squat, you cheated in T1. I set a world record one week when I was testing the ABS glitch, but it’s a meaningless lap cause it was a cheat lap. No different than yours. But yet, here you are bragging about a cheat lap! :lol:

Please, not that quote. If you want to use loopholes then that's up to you, I couldn't care about that, it does't work in race anyway.

But that awful Senna quote. He was just trying to pretend he was going for a gap when in reality he drove straight into his biggest competitor to win the championship...
Come to think of it, this might actually be a fitting place for quoting Senna.. another one who cheated

I'm not sure which is worse, the cheat or the attempt to justify the cheat. :confused:
Being puzzled by the application of logic is the worst...

Look, time attacks are one thing, and it's only cheating if one player doesn't do it in a race, so it's easier to agree on not doing it in a race.

If everyone does the same thing every time, it's part of it. It's technically still cheating, but in practice, it isn't.

I repeat, it's not the players' fault. Blame the game.

Please, not that quote. If you want to use loopholes then that's up to you, I couldn't care about that, it does't work in race anyway.

But that awful Senna quote. He was just trying to pretend he was going for a gap when in reality he drove straight into his biggest competitor to win the championship...
Come to think of it, this might actually be a fitting place for quoting Senna.. another one who cheated
I see why it's controversial... They were side-by-side on the entry, Prost didn't leave Senna any room, he turned into him and naturally, they collided.

He didn't cheat, he went for the gap Prost left wide open.

It's pretty interesting that the top time for Race A this week is 1.5s faster than when the combo was run in June... and it's only Tuesday.

Last time:
https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/rankings.php?sec=daily&eid=22797

This week:
https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/rankings.php?sec=daily&eid=25198

Wonder what to attribute that to? Is the BoP different this time? The tires are the same.

I struggled with it last time, I am not sure I want to chance it this week, either.... it was a bit of a pig race. The cars are fun and Barcelona is a good challenge, but I recall it was too easy to be elbowed off the track by dive-bombers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back