"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like there is unwritten rules in real racing kind of code of ethics.... that's definitely lacking in the community of Gran Turismo
Not only that but a certain amount of room is there for mistakes, etc... so that close racing is possible.

I can understand new people who may not have seen this pattern over and over. But some have been doing this for years. They are trolls. They don't enjoy racing. They enjoy ruining things for others.

What can i say, i guess some are doing it for fun and some for glory , but no need to attack anyone because as humans we got very different views, no way we can all agree what to do and what not to do, Thats why there are rules, and if the rules don’t work then the system is broken , I really blame the system n this one,

Btw In all honesty , No matter how fast you think you are, if you qualified by hitting the wall please don’t enter a race, you don’t deserve that spot,

Last edited:
This. X2.
PDs inability to form any workable penalty system has resulted in chaos.
They can’t do it.
Here we are. Wall riders and punters in the top ranked lobbies.
:(

No. Just no. It wasn't. The last version of penalty system we had send all the high ranking racers that where clean on a DR reset because the dirties rammed them and the clean ones got the penalties and more importantly the SR dow.

I am amazed at the short memory everyone wanting that system back has...

When it comes to corner cutting and penalties I saw an interview with a FIA representative that said they would only accept a Penalty System that wasn't shared and where the Penalty for track limits where only given to those that gained from braking it....
I can't see PD managing that. But shared fault is impossible while keeping FIA onboard.

Last edited:
It's different now in their broadcasts as they have control of penalties and look at things in real-time like an actual race does. Us plebs are left with the crumbs.

I know it's reversed but the livery reminds me of the old Turtle van.
5d7322a2e5118c262614e99f97202cce.jpg

They only have live stewards at the WT Live events when everyone is there in person. The online T16 races from last Real FIA season didn’t have that, it just used the regular penalty system and it showed up on the broadcasts. I can’t remember which race, but I remember Jimmy questioning a stupid penalty mid race at one point.

No. Just no. It wasn't. The last version of penalty system we had send all the high ranking racers that where clean on a DR reset because the dirties rammed them and the clean ones got the penalties and more importantly the SR dow.

I am amazed at the short memory everyone wanting that system back has...

When it comes to corner cutting and penalties I saw an interview with a FIA representative that said they would only accept a Penalty System that wasn't shared and where the Penalty for track limits where only given to those that gained from braking it....
I can't see PD managing that. But shared fault is impossible while keeping FIA onboard.
He didn't say he wanted the old system back, he said PD can't make a good one.

I call BS. How much faster is your cheater time vs your legit time? Cause that how much farther you “should” be starting down the grid every race.

Race laps have draft too, so they don’t count.
Ha yeah sure lemme just take the lap time where I drafted a guy and brag about it because I'm literally that stupid.

No, it was a time where I was in the lead and was able to make clean lap times without interference and pressure from behind... They kept fighting and fell far back in that race.

I already mentioned it, 56.2.

Also, no, that's not how far back I "should" be starting in the race, because all the racers with cheated lap times would start ahead of me, so it still wouldn't be an accurate starting position.

@NekoPufferPPP ,

Back to racing intel.

Something feels off. Your Top 10 time is 55.3. Your best without the wall is 56.2. Is there really 9/10ths difference? Based on your 55.3 I bet you are capable of a much faster time than 56.2. And if the diff is 9/10th that is huge. My goal is to be about 1% from top 10 off in gR4/FF cars. Based on your numbers I am more comfortable with my present 56.6 and I have a several more tenths within reach but this is no sub 56 for me.

When I legit followed a wallbanging ghost I thought I was much closer than 9/10ths... so hard to tell without good telemetry.
Yes, there is a ~0.8/0.9s difference between a wall lap and a regular lap. Not only is the entry faster, the exit is much faster too.

56.2 is the best I can do, but I've seen people do 56.0...I can't confirm whether or not they used the wall though, but I don't think so. Based on my own line, there are about that many tenths in a lap left to improve.

Ha yeah sure lemme just take the lap time where I drafted a guy and brag about it because I'm literally that stupid.

No, it was a time where I was in the lead and was able to make clean lap times without interference and pressure from behind... They kept fighting and fell far back in that race.

Also, no, that's not how far back I "should" be starting in the race, because all the racers with cheated lap times would start ahead of me, so it still wouldn't be an accurate starting position.

Yes, there is a ~0.8/0.9s difference between a wall lap and a regular lap. Not only is the entry faster, the exit is much faster too.

56.2 is the best I can do, but I've seen people do 56.0...I can't confirm whether or not they used the wall though, but I don't think so. Based on my own line, there are about that many tenths in a lap left to improve.

Unless you’re starting top 10 in top split, with the 9 other guys who’s laps you can see in the Top 10, then you don’t have a sweet clue who in your race has a cheater lap, so don’t even try to act like you do. So stop trying to justify your cheating. If you can’t set a regular lap and go race, than just avoid the race altogether. I don’t care how much you like short tracks, set a proper lap, race with no Q, or just don’t race. Cheating is cheating, and you cheated that lap.

Last edited:
I feel like there is unwritten rules in real racing kind of code of ethics.... that's definitely lacking in the community of Gran Turismo

Real racers are all adults(for the most part) and there are real world consequences for cheating. Unfortunately we could be getting matched with 8yo kids online, who have no idea what it right or wrong on the track for all we know. That’s the sad part about this guy, he knows it’s wrong or he wouldn’t be here trying to justify what he did. :lol:

Good morning. Now, someone has posted a 30 second clip of that race, where I smash that blocking F1 into the final turn. It's said that there was no prior contact between me and that player before hand.

In that video's comment section, there are even players that have racer me saying, I don't do that and the other player must have done something to warrant my action.

Here's the full race from hood cam.
I had even made contact with a player I see off and on in my races. It wasn't intentional, giving that player a penalty.
Again, never raced that player I smashed.

Last edited:
Thats why there are rules, and if the rules don’t work then the system is broken , I really blame the system n this one,

Btw In all honesty , No matter how fast you think you are, if you qualified by hitting the wall please don’t enter a race, you don’t deserve that spot,

I've stated & agreed that the system is broken. But let's be honest, if 5% of the people are getting rich by scamming while the other 95% make due by working hard, wouldn't you want that 5% to have some integrity & play by equal rules? Just because there is a loophole doesn't mean that you have to use it. Also, I agree with that last sentence.

Neither would any other wall hitters.

Just as they don't deserve to be at the top starting positions, I don't deserve to be put at a disadvantage by them either.

By this logic, nobody should ever enter race B because it's broken. Actually that would probably be for the best...

The top 5 or so racers all had wall times. That's roughly a third of the people taking part. A third of anything is a significant amount.

Following up on my earlier comment, I've concluded that the justification of the cheat is, in fact, worse than the cheat. Sad, really.
...and once again, you don't explain why you think that...I'm just wrong because I'm wrong, right? Sounds simple enough.

I already explained the difference...

Real racers are all adults(for the most part) and there are real world consequences for cheating. Unfortunately we could be getting matched with 8yo kids online, who have no idea what it right or wrong on the track for all we know. That’s the sad part about this guy, he knows it’s wrong or he wouldn’t be here trying to justify what he did. :lol:
Why is this laughable? I've already said, multiple times, I'm not about to deliberately put myself at a disadvantage, while simultaneously putting the cheaters at a further advantage. I'd rather quali up there with them and fight fire with fire. I don't hit the wall during races because that is just shameless. Like I said before, as soon as someone hits the wall, it's like they've suddenly got a target on them. They don't prosper. Nobody allows it.

I've already said, multiple times, I'm not about to deliberately put myself at a disadvantage, while simultaneously putting the cheaters at a further advantage. I'd rather quali up there with them and fight fire with fire.

Sounds like you would rather win by wallriding than just gain points honestly. I'll sit back & start mid-pack to the cheaters & capture a podium rather than "do like the other drivers do" just to start up front. Is winning a race really that important? If I feel like the cheaters are ruining the race, then I'll either find another race or take the week off.

Neither would any other wall hitters.

Just as they don't deserve to be at the top starting positions, I don't deserve to be put at a disadvantage by them either.

By this logic, nobody should ever enter race B because it's broken. Actually that would probably be for the best...

The top 5 or so racers all had wall times. That's roughly a third of the people taking part. A third of anything is a significant amount.

...and once again, you don't explain why you think that...I'm just wrong because I'm wrong, right? Sounds simple enough.

I already explained the difference...

Why is this laughable? I've already said, multiple times, I'm not about to deliberately put myself at a disadvantage, while simultaneously putting the cheaters at a further advantage. I'd rather quali up there with them and fight fire with fire. I don't hit the wall during races because that is just shameless. Like I said before, as soon as someone hits the wall, it's like they've suddenly got a target on them. They don't prosper. Nobody allows it.

Keep making excuses, you’re just digging your hole deeper and deeper man, you’re just making yourself look worse, quit while your behind. Shameless to do it in a race, but it’s ok in Q eh?? Get out of here with that crap, no ones buying it, you’re a dirty cheater like the rest of them. Stop making excuses for it. :lol:

Nothing you can ever say will justify running races with a cheater Q time, and I hope anyone reading this that see’s you in race, punts you off every last time. ;)

Last edited:
Sounds like you would rather win by wallriding than just gain points honestly. I'll sit back & start mid-pack to the cheaters & capture a podium rather than "do like the other drivers do" just to start up front. Is winning a race really that important? If I feel like the cheaters are ruining the race, then I'll either find another race or take the week off.
Wouldn't you agree that it's better to deny the cheaters a win instead? :mischievous:

Keep making excuses, you’re just digging your hole deeper and deeper man, you’re just making yourself look worse, quit while your behind. Shameless to do it in a race, but it’s ok in Q eh?? Get out of here with that crap, no ones buying it, you’re a dirty cheater like the rest of them. Stop making excuses for it. :lol:

Well...I guess that's one way to admit to losing an argument... :lol:

Last edited:
Wouldn't you agree that it's better to deny the cheaters a win instead? :mischievous:

Well...I guess that's one way to admit to losing an argument... :lol:

You are the effing cheater, you’re the one stealing wins from people who have set proper Q times along with the other cheaters.

I’ve lost nothing, I’m not the one out there sealing Grid Positions and DR with a cheater lap.

Last edited:
You are the effing cheater, you’re the one stealing wins from people who have set proper Q times along with the other cheaters.

I’ve lost nothing, I’m not the one out there sealing Grid Positions and DR with a cheater lap.
It would just be someone else instead...

Seriously, stop the incessant bashing and blame the game instead.

I know all the cheaters and written their names in blood since i started playing this game a year ago. The game community represent the people's behavior tru their lives.
Some people make the world a better place.
Some people are pita and born to be bitches!
This difference is solid as black n white!
I have no pity! You steal from others!

Last edited:
So let it be someone else and don’t be a cheater, cheater. The game didn’t run your lap for you, the game allows perfectly clean laps to be run. 👍
Now you're fine with it being someone else?

It also allows cheated laps to be run...as long as that's the case, cheaters win. So you're left to either deal with it, not take part, or improve the penalty system.

Choices.

I know all the cheaters and written their names in blood since i started playing this game a year ago

Wait you do that too?

Edit he’s again logical why should he suffer loss of points to people hitting the wall in q purposely? I’m not racing B.
But if you are entering why should you be disadvantaged? Why not advantage yourself?
It’s not like stealing or lying or murder.
It’s just a game!
Does Kaz give bonus Ghandi dr points or what?

lol

Last edited:
What can i say, i guess some are doing it for fun and some for glory , but no need to attack anyone because as humans we got very different views, no way we can all agree what to do and what not to do, Thats why there are rules, and if the rules don’t work then the system is broken , I really blame the system n this one,

I calibrated some fast drivers that were and were not using the wall banger. Basically calibrated based on S2 time - fast racers where S2 was the same but the only difference was the S1 wall banger.

The wall bang is worth about at least 6/10th and probably closer to 7/10ths.

Wow!

Hilarious that the "cheater" who denies it's cheating is now calling the other drivers who cheated "cheaters.'

And now he's white-knighting himself by claiming he's preventing other cheaters from winning....yet, if he wins, a cheater is still winning.

That's some real big brain stuff right there.

he’s again logical why should he suffer loss of points to people hitting the wall in q purposely? I’m not racing B.
But if you are entering why should you be disadvantaged? Why not advantage yourself?
It’s not like stealing or lying or murder.
It’s just a game!
Does Kaz give bonus Ghandi dr points or what?

lol
Thank you for being the voice of reason...

Logic seems hard to process for a lot of folk.

Hilarious that the "cheater" who denies it's cheating is now calling the other drivers who cheated "cheaters.'

And now he's white-knighting himself by claiming he's preventing other cheaters from winning....yet, if he wins, a cheater is still winning.

That's some real big brain stuff right there.

Case and point...

I am with you. Responded in another thread. It feels like about 0.7s. Either way - WOW! I will pretend that the best time is about 55.8 and use 55.8+1% as my target.

Think on it though.
For me I’m not doing that race it was not much fun last time BUT, IF you are doing it might as well get the best time you can if there’s no penalty.
I mean if you seriously want to race and seriously compete...
Otherwise you are doing what feels good instead of using META.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back