"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
NASCAR was the idea behind it, when the leaders get too far ahead on the superspeedways they're vulnerable with no defence. If you sit right on the car aheads bumper the speed advantage won't be there when you pull out. Keselowski is the master imo, you can learn a lot of racecraft by just watching somebody like him race. Especially how he changes lanes to stop anybody getting too big of a run.
You and I are going to remain good friends, if you recognize BK's skill and craft. Been a huge fan since his first win at Talledega, when he put Carl Edwards in his place. He is the best 'plate track' racer out there.

i was doing the same thig this morning but trying to keep me and 1st both in McLaren together and not let 3rd split us so i kept backing up to him (gt 40)

For sure... whatever it takes to make sure you can keep a bump draft in play.

Last edited:
Another hot tip for Tokyo. In the F1, being about .6-.7 behind someone getting on to the straight is the perfect distance to catch, pass, and break the slip by the end of T1. They can't have slip themselves obviously, though. It works really well in the last couple of laps to get and keep a pass.

EDIT:

You can also send a-holes into the pit entrance penalty free, if you're willing to tarnish your reputation. :scared:

(In my defense, it was 3 take-outs in a lap and a half to get me to take such drastic steps)

Last edited:
It leaves me searching for an affordable PC that will run iRacing at least half decently, that’s where. 👍

iRacing actually runs fine on old and/or "weak" PCs (the game's from 2008 after all.) It's the subscription + the $10 cars and the $14 tracks (plus VAT!) that's the main affordability problem. Also, setups (which you love tinkering with, right? :sly:) are quite important too (many people actually pay for them.)

If you're getting a PC I'd recommend going for one that can run ACC as well.

Edit: Also, no matter what game you play online, there will always be dirty people/idiots/beginners or whatever you call them to mess with you - just take a look at some of the iRacing or ACC etc. YT fail videos (the other day I saw a stream where several people got their 4 hour iRacing endurance race ruined - on the first lap - by impatient clowns.)

Last edited:
iRacing actually runs fine on old and/or "weak" PCs (the game's from 2008 after all.) It's the subscription + the $10 cars and the $14 tracks (plus VAT!) that's the main affordability problem. Also, setups (which you love tinkering with, right? :sly:) are quite important too (many people actually pay for them.)

If you're getting a PC I'd recommend going for one that can run ACC as well.

My problem is GTS has me spoiled graphics wise, so I don’t wanna get a cheap computer that won’t run iRacing at at least a decent quality. I would definitely get ACC as well as I already have setups for that game. I’m sure I can find some for iRacing too, but you are correct, I’m not a big fan of tuning. I think iRacing has fixed setting races too though.

I’m trying to race clean on Race A and I keep getting driven off-course, usually by Brazillians who drive like I’m not even there! STOP PUSHING ME AROUND YOU DIPS! Makes me wonder if Brazil made a pact with the devil where all their racing skill went to Fraga, Fittipaldi, and Senna at the cost of every other Brazillian driving like drek! Meanwhile, I’m on course to drop out of DR A because of these people!

Last edited:
i was doing the same thig this morning but trying to keep me and 1st both in McLaren together and not let 3rd split us so i kept backing up to him (gt 40)
My problem is GTS has me spoiled graphics wise, so I don’t wanna get a cheap computer that won’t run iRacing at at least a decent quality. I would definitely get ACC as well as I already have setups for that game. I’m sure I can find some for iRacing too, but you are correct, I’m not a big fan of tuning. I think iRacing has fixed setting races too though.
This is me, too. Even ACC on PS4 is not good enough graphics-wise. The smooth and decent lighting of GTS is really addicting and helps to immerse you into the racing, even if the physics model is short of perfect.

Forza is even, better, IMO... Forza light engine / graphics (and add'l tracks) + GTS gameplay and racing community would be PERFECT!

Had a good race C this evening. Must have been the fact I got rid of my lockdown do on the way home. Must be a kilo lighter and thus it gave me extra time. Still started 15th even with shaving 0.6 seconds off my Q time. I managed to acquire 5 seconds worth of penalties just by existing on lap 1. From there it was selected bump drafting and avoiding the carnage at turn 1 and the hairpin. Finished 7th.

I was doing well this most recent entry into Race A - actually moving up some positions, then I got rammed right near that hairpin that comes after the second checkpoint, which sent me into another car that went off-course, and I got a 2-second penalty for driving another player off-course. Why can nobody drive in this game?!

You and I are going to remain good friends, if you recognize BK's skill and craft. Been a huge fan since his first win at Talledega, when he put Carl Edwards in his place. He is the best 'plate track' racer out there.

Since everybody was doing BK liveries, I went old school & picked a livery from his dad. :D

59856190ccbc381e754f7940cc5c7aee.jpg

48856592151_acd140d162_b.jpg

Had another up and down night in race C. First race was a total wreckfest. Ramming, slamming and lunging everywhere. My second race I have muchuch cleaner go of things, but some careless wall bumps on my part drop me a couple spots.

Next field out I spy @05XR8 and another friendly face in the field. Unfortunately I get murdered halfway through lap 1 to be 3 seconds behind the field. They are fighting so much that I'm able to catch and together with @05XR8 amd the other driver we team our way up to midfield till I try to hold an iffy move on the last lap and drop back. Last race of the night was all good. Fairly solid driving keeping me near the front until a simple missed turn for no reason lands me a penalty at lap 5. Drop back a bit and continue to have a couple wall scrapes to let others catch up. End up running to the line on my own but with a friendly face stuck in a drag race behind me, so my run to the finish line is done looking behind me to keep them in slip.

All in all a good night out there. And finally, in my last race of the night I managed to get some bump drafting from a Japanese player. Have gotten it from every other nationality I've raced with this week, but Japanese people seemed to be wholly against it. Who knows. They were the only 1. Too sloppy to continue, so to be adjourned for another night.

Although I've been a bit sloppy on that track all week. Could have many better finishes if I managed to smooth it out a bit. . . . but wouldnt we all.

I was able to do one C race in Asia as I have given up on the B race for the week... I like Gr 4 but the racing isn't that interesting and it is galling to know that many in front are using a QT-assisted time.

The C race was bumpy and I am not that good in the combo. One racer participated in the bump draft but others were just plain suspicious. I admit it is hard to understand.

The speeds were incredible. I swear I was hitting the top of 6th gear in the Peugeot VGT and I was the trailing car. We both gain.

Another hot tip for Tokyo. In the F1, being about .6-.7 behind someone getting on to the straight is the perfect distance to catch, pass, and break the slip by the end of T1. They can't have slip themselves obviously, though. It works really well in the last couple of laps to get and keep a pass.

EDIT:

You can also send a-holes into the pit entrance penalty free, if you're willing to tarnish your reputation. :scared:

(In my defense, it was 3 take-outs in a lap and a half to get me to take such drastic steps)
I wish I had done that this morning. This A+ dirty driver in a GT40 kept diving me at turn 1 knocking me into outside wall, into other players spun me once this was over the course of 3 races. In the last one we were going into the pits side by side with him on my right I should have just move to my right a little and put into pit wall, but of course i did't figuring okay maybe he is done I beat him out and then he dives me again @ turn 1 . Guess its my fault But I do have the ID written down

Last edited:
Just had a clean Q4/P4 for Race A, which is alright, I guess, considering I had 2 as my door number.

EDIT: I still sort of feel like I should eject GTS from my PS4 already and play something else. Maybe it’s just the general unhappiness that I have regarding my life right now.

Last edited:
This morning i made a couple of races with players whom know each other well. Those were some great racing!
Then this creature came to the grid and the things changed... The creature calls me and other players "stupid beginners", "morons" etc etc...
Don't think i'm exagerating; these creatures make the world "a not livable place"
A conscious human does not do this!
I have other replays from earlier weeks' races, the thing ruined lots of races. Always disgusting behavior of the thing!

Last edited:
Next week's dailies:

Race A: N300 @ Alsace | 3 laps | SH
Race B: Gr.3 @ RBR | 5 laps | RM
Race C: Gr.1 @ Spa | 10 laps | RS/RM | Tyres x8 | Fuel x2
Think I'm gonna focus on Daily Race A again but this time due to me not having enough time of doing online Alsace races. Going to use this opportunity to get used to the track. Hopefully the N300 car is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back