Daily Races Variation

Sweden
Sweden
Hello Guys!

If there are people on the same track as me and getting pretty bored with the Daily Races (some days), Can we please make an effort in order to make a change and hopefully someone that are eligble to make a change will see this.

The biggest issue with the Daily Races for me is the variation, 3 races sometimes "One make" in 2 of 3 and sometimes insanly boring tracks for Gr 3 and 4.

So wouldnt it be nice to have a good variation for example, 3 races for each class on diffrent tracks, That would give an option of 9 diffrent races with GR1-2 and 3
That would give a nice variation between both cars and tracks and make the Daily Races much more enjoyble insted of running "Blue Moon" round and round for 5 hours...

And yes, of course you can join a public room, but for people who want to gain DR and SR this would be a much better aproach and variation.

Let me know what you think guys!

Have a good one!

Cheers!

I think more variation and Race options are something most of us would welcome. the problem i think is that the number of people that play sport Mode is not all that high and having more races would make a balanced entry field quite difficult, particularly in the higher rankings, personally as a DR B and SR S i wouldn't have too much of a problem racing with A or even S drivers:nervous::scared: but an unbalanced field would open up a whole lot of new Rants

I think more variation and Race options are something most of us would welcome. the problem i think is that the number of people that play sport Mode is not all that high and having more races would make a balanced entry field quite difficult, particularly in the higher rankings, personally as a DR B and SR S i wouldn't have too much of a problem racing with A or even S drivers:nervous::scared: but an unbalanced field would open up a whole lot of new Rants
Even on Saturday as a fellow DR/B SR/S driver (although I started the day a BB), I had varying fields through the day... sometimes from B to C in DR and from B to S in SR. Then one race I had 8 DR/D + 2 x DR/B and 2 x DR/A. Other races I had all B and others still I even had A and S races included.

Yeah, you guys make good points, Iam a bit stunned though that the "playerbase of Sport Mode" is relativly thing, I thought that Sport Mode was the thing to do basicly as i guess almost everyone would like to work their way to the top :)

Even on Saturday as a fellow DR/B SR/S driver (although I started the day a BB), I had varying fields through the day... sometimes from B to C in DR and from B to S in SR. Then one race I had 8 DR/D + 2 x DR/B and 2 x DR/A. Other races I had all B and others still I even had A and S races included.
The daily's selection the last couple of days has left much to be desired, so i think most people didn't even bother, myself included, went and did Ferrari and Raptor races instead

If you go into Race A or Race B fairly late at night they are already pretty dead, I have DR: S and sometimes I'll end up with some Cs or even Ds in the race to fill out the grid.

Because of the way Sport Mode is designed it NEEDS to be populated, adding more sounds great in theory until you realise the less popular races might not even have a grid at all.

The selection should be improved though, have Race A be beginner friendly, have Race B be a bit longer than it is now at a GP circuit, and Race C should be about the length of Top 24 Races (half an hour-ish races) with tyre wear and fuel consumption, throwing tracks like Nurburgring 24H in on a fairly regular basis (twice a week?)

Yeah, you guys make good points, Iam a bit stunned though that the "playerbase of Sport Mode" is relativly thing, I thought that Sport Mode was the thing to do basicly as i guess almost everyone would like to work their way to the top :)
I agree, but it is still not quite catching on. According to Kudosprime:

Players who played in Sport Mode
Sport Races finished - % of Players - Players Count
A. 0 Races - 73 - 2,555,700
B. 1-10 Races - 18 - 621,300
C. 11-20 Races - 3 - 105,600
D. More than 20 Races - 6 - 209,300

So only 209000 players worldwide have completed more than 20 races... so over a 24 hour period, split into 3 regions that spreads the playerbase pretty thin already.

A lot of people probably tried it and found out that playing against real people is a lot harder than bumping the AI out of way:lol:, let's face it, getting competitive in sport Mode takes a bit of dedication and most can't be bothered

The daily's selection the last couple of days has left much to be desired, so i think most people didn't even bother, myself included, went and did Ferrari and Raptor races instead
Meh, I still did the races... rather work on my DR and SR than play in lobbies.

The selection should be improved though, have Race A be beginner friendly, have Race B be a bit longer than it is now at a GP circuit, and Race C should be about the length of Top 24 Races (half an hour-ish races) with tyre wear and fuel consumption, throwing tracks like Nurburgring 24H in on a fairly regular basis (twice a week?)

This is pretty much how it works now?

In terms of separating drivers, As mclarenLB says, have diffrent difficulties on the races and for the higher racers make a qualification bar that you need to pass in order to race, so in the "hard" race only "good drivers" are allowed to enter.

That would turn away some of the "riff raff" and you will have a good race with serious players in order to up you DR and SR, But as you all say if the playerbase is low, a qualification to a specific race might be hard.

In terms of separating drivers, As mclarenLB says, have diffrent difficulties on the races and for the higher racers make a qualification bar that you need to pass in order to race, so in the "hard" race only "good drivers" are allowed to enter.

That would turn away some of the "riff raff" and you will have a good race with serious players in order to up you DR and SR, But as you all say if the playerbase is low, a qualification to a specific race might be hard.
You are advocating reducing the race selection then :lol:

A lot of people probably tried it and found out that playing against real people is a lot harder than bumping the AI out of way:lol:, let's face it, getting competitive in sport Mode takes a bit of dedication and most can't be bothered

Actually the stats that @Robben posted tell another story:the majority of players did not even bother to get to race in Sports mode.Thats far away from people "trying it and not sticking with it".

Damn, Getting competivite with other players is the only thing i play for basicly... Funny that some people buys the game an play it well "wrong" :)

I have a hard time to see the fun with driving a maxed out LaFerrari and bumping all the AI's in order to "win" :)

Actually the stats that @Robben posted tell another story:the majority of players did not even bother to get to race in Sports mode.Thats far away from people "trying it and not sticking with it".

True... I wasn't a fan of it in theory but, as per my thread on Friday, I grew to love it and now am addicted. Other people should give it a chance.

Damn, Getting competivite with other players is the only thing i play for basicly... Funny that some people buys the game an play it well "wrong" :)

I have a hard time to see the fun with driving a maxed out LaFerrari and bumping all the AI's in order to "win" :)

Exactly... I could not go back to GT League now. So boring and predictable. Also, you don't gain or lose anything. The game is not about winning Credits and the cars in your garage... you get a free car every day, a free car for Circuit Experience, a free car for the Driving School, a free car for Mission challenges... the game's currency is DR and SR which you can only win in Sport Mode :)

It takes all kinds to make a world go round:lol: different people have different concepts of 'Fun' . I fully agree with you, i have fun by getting better and by playing fair, not everybody shares this and they would rather have a hollow victory then no victory

True... I wasn't a fan of it in theory but, as per my thread on Friday, I grew to love it and now am addicted. Other people should give it a chance.

Exactly... I could not go back to GT League now. So boring and predictable. Also, you don't gain or lose anything. The game is not about winning Credits and the cars in your garage... you get a free car every day, a free car for Circuit Experience, a free car for the Driving School, a free car for Mission challenges... the game's currency is DR and SR which you can only win in Sport Mode :)

I feel the same, I know that i SHOULD play the GT League but iam not tempted at all, and as you say DR and SR is the only thing that matters!

Hopefully they will add new tracks soon, and NOT other parts of exsisting tracks, I want LeMans and Laguna Seca, Monaco would be nice many of the older GT tracks, Dont have much love for Maggiore East.. just feels a bit stupid :)

I feel the same, I know that i SHOULD play the GT League but iam not tempted at all, and as you say DR and SR is the only thing that matters!

Hopefully they will add new tracks soon, and NOT other parts of exsisting tracks, I want LeMans and Laguna Seca, Monaco would be nice many of the older GT tracks, Dont have much love for Maggiore East.. just feels a bit stupid :)

Meh, you "shouldn't" worry about it at all.

The only thing I would say is to do the Driving School, Mission Challenges and Circuit Experience. They were a good introduction for me, and in the early days gave something to do in between Sport Mode.

The crux of the issue is that there aren't enough cars, or tracks. The Vision GT cars are either completely useless or break the realism in the few racing categories that sport mode has, and rally tracks which remain unused came at the expense of circuits for sport mode.

Meh, you "shouldn't" worry about it at all.

The only thing I would say is to do the Driving School, Mission Challenges and Circuit Experience. They were a good introduction for me, and in the early days gave something to do in between Sport Mode.

Yeah i have almost completed the Driving School missions, think i have 2-3 missions left that i could do anything but Sport Mode is so much more fun so i have put it on ice for a bit :)

The crux of the issue is that there aren't enough cars, or tracks. The Vision GT cars are either completely useless or break the realism in the few racing categories that sport mode has, and rally tracks which remain unused came at the expense of circuits for sport mode.

Yeah its sad that GT SPORT lacks real tracks, Hopefully they will add (i hope ALOT) of real tracks :)

I agree, but it is still not quite catching on. According to Kudosprime:

Players who played in Sport Mode
Sport Races finished - % of Players - Players Count
A. 0 Races - 73 - 2,555,700
B. 1-10 Races - 18 - 621,300
C. 11-20 Races - 3 - 105,600
D. More than 20 Races - 6 - 209,300

So only 209000 players worldwide have completed more than 20 races... so over a 24 hour period, split into 3 regions that spreads the playerbase pretty thin already.

I can't believe 73% of people have never even tried sport mode. The whole objective of the game has been missed by most. If you remove the online component, this game really isn't that fun...

I've said this in others threads. I personally believe that the daily race scheduling should be increased from 3 races to 5.

By increasing it to 5, you can have three spots dedicated to Gr1/3/4. The fourth slot can be used for Nx00, and the final slot can be used for a one make race

They really need to add a race D into the mix.
For me I always race and enjoy the GR3 or GR4 10/12 lap events, Sure you get a few bad matches and bad races but for the most part they are enjoyable and good competition and fun.
If there were 2 options for this each day I feel that it would add to the player base and not take away so much.

Surely I'm not the only person that doesn't race if it's like the events of the last 2 days GR3 on an oval or Gr1 event.

Saturday I played for 8+ hours on GR4 Maggie Yesterday and Today i will just give it a miss and only log in and do the daily milage to get the car and turn off again this is taking away the player base!!.

If they added a 4th option they could keep it to the same format as race C but to me it would make more sense to use it to make the game better and use it to experiment with different options like,

Just ABS races
Races with counter steer assistance off,
20+ lap races, even something like a 45 -55min endurance with at least 2 pitstops (this would open up race strats at bit more.)
10 lap single make or production car races.
Etc etc etc....

Then see what interest this generates and use this info to give a better selection for daily races each day and also see how it affects the player base, It could help make it grow!!
Also,
I'm sure there is people that would like more variety in the shorter races but there just not for me, I find the race is over just as it gets going.

Last edited:
I can't believe 73% of people have never even tried sport mode. The whole objective of the game has been missed by most. If you remove the online component, this game really isn't that fun...

I've said this in others threads. I personally believe that the daily race scheduling should be increased from 3 races to 5.

By increasing it to 5, you can have three spots dedicated to Gr1/3/4. The fourth slot can be used for Nx00, and the final slot can be used for a one make race
Incredible eh.

But to be honest, I would maybe have avoided it for longer had there been a single player mode on release. I was furious that there was no GT Mode originally, so played Sport because I had to. Anyone who bought the game post the November update who wanted a single player mode would just play the single player mode...

It's clear that others have done 1 or 2 races and decided to quit before giving Sport Mode a proper chance.

Incredible eh.

But to be honest, I would maybe have avoided it for longer had there been a single player mode on release. I was furious that there was no GT Mode originally, so played Sport because I had to. Anyone who bought the game post the November update who wanted a single player mode would just play the single player mode...

It's clear that others have done 1 or 2 races and decided to quit before giving Sport Mode a proper chance.

I seriously don't think the single player mode is worth any money. There's far few tracks, and terrible AI. I don't know how anyone has fun with the single player mode tbh

I just find sport mode addicting. It's made me grow significantly as a racer.

I seriously don't think the single player mode is worth any money. There's far few tracks, and terrible AI. I don't know how anyone has fun with the single player mode tbh

I just find sport mode addicting. It's made me grow significantly as a racer.
Indeed and same here. But my point was that those who had not played online before (such as myself) wanted Gran Turismo for Gran Turismo... a huge GT Mode made for working your way through different race categories and collecting cars. If I had had that when I first got the game, I may not have tried Sport Mode. I probably would but I may not have...

I believe there also is a fair bit of people without PS+ that only took the chance when there was a free-online-weekend last year?

But like other said, I'd really like to have a bit more variation in the races. Maybe have 2 or 3 races a day that cycle for race A/B/C without deleting qualifying times.

Or bring back shuffle races :D

I believe there also is a fair bit of people without PS+ that only took the chance when there was a free-online-weekend last year?

I know I can speak for 2 of my friends who would love to play this game online, but can't because of PS+

I know I can speak for 2 of my friends who would love to play this game online, but can't because of PS+
50€/Year is not that much to pay imho considering all the stuff you get. And GTs is pretty much useless without PS+ imho.

Back