• Thread starter whitez
  • 46 comments

Would you like to see Damage in GT4?

• YES

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • NO

Votes: 12 37.5%

• Total voters
Despite all the warning messages from you guys, I couldn't help but buy the WRC DVD. It is quite cool although not at the least comparable with GT3.

Now comes the question :

In WRC, car damage is damn well available and on cars like Mitsubishi Evo VII Proto rally car, Subaru Impreza Proto rally car, Focus and so on. So if the manufacturers said "we do not wanna see damage on our cars" how come they said "it's ok, go ahead" to another software company ???

I tried for the best I could an battered a Focus so badly that I couldn't tell what car it was after I was finished with it !! So...
Why no damage on GT3 ??? BTW, the in-cockpit view is much better than a bumper cam view. I still insist on that !!

Originally posted by modik
Despite all the warning messages from you guys, I couldn't help but buy the WRC DVD. It is quite cool although not at the least comparable with GT3.

Now comes the question :

In WRC, car damage is damn well available and on cars like Mitsubishi Evo VII Proto rally car, Subaru Impreza Proto rally car, Focus and so on. So if the manufacturers said "we do not wanna see damage on our cars" how come they said "it's ok, go ahead" to another software company ???

I tried for the best I could an battered a Focus so badly that I couldn't tell what car it was after I was finished with it !! So...
Why no damage on GT3 ??? BTW, the in-cockpit view is much better than a bumper cam view. I still insist on that !!

OH yeah i forgot to mention that, The Cockpit view would be so cool

Anybody notice that there is Cockpit view, but on on replays, you could see the Cockpit view only on F1's, its blurry but still kind of cool, im gonna post about this

i got another beatiful idea for GT4, i was playing the other night and i noticed that they should put skid marks in gt4, man that would be cool. what do you think?

Originally posted by modik

Now comes the question :

I'm guessing the reason for this is that all the car manufacturers didn't agree on having their cars damaged. So if all the manufacturers except one agreed to let damage show on their cars, then there would be no damage. It would be kind of awkward and unfair if only certain cars could be damaged, so I guess Polyphony would rather have all the cars not have damage instead of some cars not and some do.

I know it would make it more realistic but I like the way it is now. Specially with all the bumping the computer does youll be out of some races on the first lap, my be more realistic tire damage but not the whole car.

I think the main reason there is no damage in GT (and probaly never will be) is the tremendous licensing costs. Alot of manufactuers simply dont want to see there cars smashed to bits. Ofcourse, they can be convinced, but just think. Gran Turismo 1 had more licensed than any other racing game outside of the series, with GT2 holding the current record. The cost of getting every last car in the game licensed for damage would probaly make all of the developers have to take out 4th mortgages on their houses and file for bankruptcy. Im sure Polyphony would like to see good damage as much as we do, but its simply impracticle for them to implement it.

As for physical damage, there are betetr things I would like to see. More tuning options and more freedom when upgrading (turbochargers are extremely popular upgrades for Corvettes and Vipers in real life, I dont know where Polyphony gets off thinking most American cars shouldnt have them), a better variety of cars (you guys cant tell me that your happy with a single 328ci from BMW when theres the M3, M5, and M3 GTR sitting out there), a new used car system that takes advantage of the mileage and oil features, and hopefull a few more real-world tracks (if thats asking too much, then atleast bring back Autumn Ring, PLEASE!!!).

Sure, a racing simlulation may not be a true simulation wihout damage, but most people dont realize that Gran Turismo was never a true racing simulation in the first place ;)

I agree with what your saying I also like the bit when you say freedome, I would like to see more options in the pits like differ tire selection when you pit i hate being stuck with superslicks the whole race I need it to start but when i have a big lead i would like to go with softer. I would also like to have the ability to mess with the settings with the car in the pist like at least down force.

i like just about every thing,but i wish be could turbo the viper :( ,
and have a paintshop,and racing mods back,and for u people out there thinking nitrious oxide (NOS) NO WAY nos is gay!!!!!!very dumb to put nos in the game 😈 😈 😈

nuff respect I too would like see damage and rain have a physical a effect on the cars but then again them tight arse companies ain'y gonna have it are they

Actually, theres nothing stoping them from having full wheather effects. I personally dont know why they dont, and dont care. I see very few races take place in the rain, and most of them just get delayed anyway. The last thing I want during the Rome 2 hours endurance is a half hour of waiting in the pits while the track drains out.

Originally posted by bwdemon

But what are you willing to give up to get those? For everything you want better, something has to get equally worse. What do you cut out of the game to get damage, more cars, and a better AI?

I do not agree on that!the ps2 has a lot more to offer then gt3

While I was playing earlier today, I was sitting there thinking how awesome it would be to take a car you really like, Go into a custom body shop and get a body kit, a new wing, and a different paint job, maybe even some killer graphic packages! you know, Fast and the furious kinda stuff 😈! Also, maybe a street race mode? See where I'm going? I love the game, except the AI, of course; but would love to see a "unstructured" mode of play as well. Maybe have a little city scene?, parts stores instead of just a parts menu? Wagering with other street racers?. I think that would rock. You could make money as a pro racer, then drive around in hot street legal cars for fun :D

Does that sound cool to anybody else? :cheeburga

NO DAMAGE!!!

If u played NFS porsche 2000 u would know what i mean...
having to spend all your hard earned prize money on repairing ure car after some FOOL rams you off the track or having to complete an endurence race with a badly damaged car that now wont steer properly or the wheels r about to fall off... :embarrassed: :mad:

Back