Damage photos here please!!!!

• Thread starter recca
  • 268 comments
I don't have any yet because their all on my brother's computer but this thread will be specifically for posting pics of damage and maybe write down your level so people know at what level they expect to see that kind of damage. Let the mangling of carbon fiber, plastic, and steel begin!

Woah! It Melted! I'm sure it isn't that hot in Italy! :crazy:

It's cool to see that Damage is possible to this level on Such High-Poly cars.

The engine Poly use for the damage is well coded too... It's weird but after a crash in Arcade in the R-35 GTR I could see the Bodywork Mold back to form in Real-Time.
Looked like something out of Stephen King's 'Christine'

Dunno why it happened.... I havn't tried to make it happen again, was some Creepy Shizzle! :scared:

There goes my Clio :( (Level 16)

ClioDamage.jpg

CircuitodeMadrid-Mini.jpg

Training a B-Spec driver can be quite hard on your vehicles. My poor Lancia now has a buck tooth thanks to one driver's inability to cope with hairpin turns.

Awesome thread!

After 15 straight minutes of smashing head on into the AI, I was finally able to get some really good damage. But it takes a LOT of work to make it look like this.

I still have yet to see damage on the top of the car. I rolled a Mustang over and over and over again and the top never even scratched. :indiff:

The damge just is nothing like they advertised. Remember the Subaru rally car in the E3 video. One wrong landing smashed that car. Its nothing like that at all.

Even though this is just a thread of GT5's damage system, but it is epic. It's like Burnout GT.

Last time I check fiberglass didn't bend. Oh how I hate that they spent so much time including damage.

that's teh problem...we have people who at first were saying it needs to have damage and i'm like it can't be done realistic enough for these people to not complain aobut it plus it's going to take even longer...and now that they do have damage there bunch of people saying they shoudl've left it out..

like honestly what do you expect pd to do, not only are they hindered by the specs of teh ps3 but they also have to abide by legal regulations when companies allowed them to have damage..to be honest I haven't seen any damage that looks good from any game, maybe except one of the pc sims but you want to have that level of damage in a game as detailed as GT?? I don't think it's going to happen, maybe next gen console but from the get-go i already knew it would be a very hard task for them to accomplish because PD want to do it right but to do it right means to model every little piece in and out of the car not to mention the regulations they'd have to follow....

i'm kind of happy with just the loose bumpers and scratches when i get nicked by something...if you dont' purposely try to demolish your car, it doesn't look too bad

I think I`d give up whatever damage is in the game just to have the Veyron premium. I mean, let`s be honest, this damage sucks. That Jaguar was probably driven into a concrete barrier 20 times at 150mph to look like that.

Back