Daniil Kvyat Secures Ferrari Development Role for 2018 F1 Season

Smart move, if they don't demote him to 2nd development driver or something else Max Verstappen won't win again ever :lol:

May I ask what the difference between Toro Rosso and Red Bull Racing is?
0614-hat-slave-faq2.jpg

The Internet's general reaction to this news, from what I've seen so far:

salt-shaker-pouring-granules-picture-id495329922

Apparently being Ferrari's development driver is some incredibly sacred and prestigious position that must not be defiled by a filthy peasant B-team driver. The tifosi have such... interesting opinions sometimes.

The Internet's general reaction to this news, from what I've seen so far:

salt-shaker-pouring-granules-picture-id495329922

Apparently being Ferrari's development driver is some incredibly sacred and prestigious position that must not be defiled by a filthy peasant B-team driver. The tifosi have such... interesting opinions sometimes.
It's a great move, that Russian connection and money is too good to go to waste.

It's a great move, that Russian connection and money is too good to go to waste.
I was thinking more that Kvyat's been said to give really good levels of technical feedback about the car, which is probably the main reason he was kept on STR as long as he was and would be a critical trait for any development driver. But I guess those don't hurt either.

Kyvat is a really good and fast driver. His confidence was just shot. This way Ferrari gets a talented young tester and Kyvat can get valuable time behind the wheel and feel out offers or step up once Raikonnen retires.

Looks like Ferrari might have better backup drivers than Williams have race drivers. Hopefully he gets a loan drive during the season, there seems quite a few drivers on the grid worse than him IMO. I wonder if Toro Rosso will try and get him back for reference, same for Williams with Massa if both teams are struggling to score points outright.

Will be interesting to see if Leclerc is good in a F1 car, if Ericsson defeats him then Wehrlein should hopefully get given another chance.

Back