Dark Mode for GTP

• Thread starter Grayfox
  • 75 comments
giphy.gif

Yes, the next site update will feature a “dark mode”.

That's good to hear. I run Twitter, Twitch and Youtube in dark mode and it's a bit jarring jumping back and fourth between them and GTP. Looking forward to the update but take your time. There's more important things to worry about at the moment. Stay safe, mate. 👍

We are currently living in the dark days of modern civilizations.... shouldn't GTP be coming with dark mode appropriately right about now ?
Getting darkmode to work correctly with every element is not easy.
This includes all text, all images, buttons, and general flow with what looks good.

I made a dark version of the F@H client and it still doesn't look perfect
Left is normal look which you can call "Light" these days
Right is the one I use which will be called "Dark" these days.
I did not replace any element, just tweaked lines of code and added some code.
upload_2020-6-6_23-28-35.png

In all seriousness, I appreciate the interest, and it is coming along.

As with most things, it's taking a lot longer than I expected, but it is getting close. The new site was created from the ground up with dynamic dark mode support in mind. It's the most robust implementation of a "dark mode" on any website I have ever seen, if I do say so myself, so I hope you guys will like it.

2020, for sure.

It's hard for me to give a more exact approximation because so many other things keep popping up that require my attention. This is also not just a "re-skin" but a complete overhaul of our forum software and database, so I will have to do dry-runs in staging environments to make sure the actual upgrade process on the live site goes as smoothly as possible. The live site will have to be closed for about 12 hours during the process, so I have to do a lot of testing to make sure that I get it right when the time comes.

Well this sounds good! 👍

I've only just learnt about "dark mode" when it was introduced on another website but I have to admit it makes things much clearer on the screen for me than the white backgrounds and I can see text much clearer so I will defo change my settings once the new version of the site/forum arrives.

Latest Posts

Back