Dark Mode for GTP

• Thread starter Grayfox
  • 75 comments
We're coming up 43 days until 2020 has been 3/4ths done.
Any idea on when site update will happen?
Besides the "Soon" part?

We're coming up 43 days until 2020 has been 3/4ths done.
Any idea on when site update will happen?
Besides the "Soon" part?
8d18b849de896324497f204dc63cd9bf.jpeg

There have been a lot of setbacks, both personal and technical.

Since the pandemic started, my time available to work has been limited significantly. The core forum software also recently announced a major new update, the underlying changes of which render a signifiant portion of my work from earlier this year obsolete. Until I could get a beta version of the new software to work with, I basically had to stop development to keep from wasting more time.

I do have a beta version now. I don't know how much longer it will take until I dig into the code and see how extensive the changes are.

A new year, a new reminder...

This site with the white background is hurting my eyes...

Please help by making it more comfortable for my eyes to surf this otherwise awesome forum if it had a dark mode...

New Quarter reminder.

Hopefully in a few months it'll turn dark.
And with Christmas lights on.

I feel like we need a Kickstarter for Dark Mode. I'd contribute a little bit ;)

Jerome

Yes, the next site update will feature a “dark mode”.
Seems like it's already updated because this is an old reply, meaning that this site is already updated. So is it already available? I can't find the settings menu here on GTplanet

Seems like it's already updated because this is an old reply, meaning that this site is already updated. So is it already available? I can't find the settings menu here on GTplanet
No, it's not available yet. "Dark mode" is just one part of a major site update, so you'll know when it arrives.

:lol: 10,000 was my goal from the beginning. Just a few more years to go!

Jerome

Only issue is these extensions are not the best.

View attachment 999721

Yea I know :/

I can deal with the odd text color here and there, but the white flash during each page refresh is the most jarring aspect.

I was going to make a Stylish skin for GTP, but decided not to since jordan said it was coming.

Like I said, these are only a temporary thing. I don't mind waiting and I rarely use GTP at night so for now the lack of a dark mode doesn't bother me too much.

No, it's not available yet. "Dark mode" is just one part of a major site update, so you'll know when it arrives.

Aside from dark mode, are they any other features that you can reveal will be part of the update. Or is it all super duper top secret?

Aside from dark mode, are they any other features that you can reveal will be part of the update. Or is it all super duper top secret?
I just don't want to set up expectations for things that might not make it or be completely ready in time for the new site roll-out, so I won't share the full new feature list until the update is complete. Dark mode is definitely happening, though.

I just don't want to set up expectations for things that might not make it or be completely ready in time for the new site roll-out, so I won't share the full new feature list until the update is complete. Dark mode is definitely happening, though.

Can one test the beta version of the site?
💡

Can one test the beta version of the site?
💡
No, only a few other developers with software that integrates with GTP have access to the beta/staging site.

Handling access permissions for more people would only make the whole process take longer, and surely you don't want that. :lol:

How about a monthly update?
Progress report?
How many more indigo posts still need to be converted?

Back