Dark theme?

• Thread starter Techy
  • 9 comments
United States
Florida
gtamann123
I frequent another forum that has a dark theme, and switching to this forum makes my eyes bleed a bit.. I'd not rather pile more work just for a theme, but it's nice to have it as an option.

Screenshot (42).png

Have you tried Deluminate? At Chrome Web Store.

Indeed. There's also an option on iPhones to invert the screen, if you're browsing on there. 👍

@RocZX beat me to it. While I get the argument about eye strain, it's generally accepted that dark-on-light is better for readability than the other way around.

Each add-on I can find for Firefox loads the page with normal colors for a second before applying the inverted colors, which is annoying. Oh well.

The white theme has bothered me since the old "GTP Lite" theme was eliminated, because depending on the angle of my laptop screen, the whole page and buttons wash out to pure white. It's very stark. If we never get a light-on-dark theme, it would be nice if the next update added some contrast.

I have absolutely no problem with GTP's colours to be honest. I actually have problems reading dark background sites. Maybe I am weird. :lol:

What about just turning the brightness down?

Back