Data Display Unit for iRacing - Teaser Video - iRDDU

I use a laptop plugged into my TV would programs like that work on my laptop screen If I turned both screens on?

How do they look similar? None of the huds on that video look similar to what Derek posted... :confused:

Derek it would also be awesome if you could run it on a second computer over a LAN like iSpeed does.

no, what I mean is, what does it really add that doesn't already exist? giving RPM, speed, etc same info, just different format etc. Don't get me wrong, I think 99% of his products are great and is totally different to the market, but this is like a black pen vs blue pen. Meh, I'll leave my comments at that.

no, what I mean is, what does it really add that doesn't already exist? giving RPM, speed, etc same info, just different format etc. Don't get me wrong, I think 99% of his products are great and is totally different to the market, but this is like a black pen vs blue pen. Meh, I'll leave my comments at that.

It's freeware. It's an anathema to me to have to try to convince someone to use or not use something which it being given away for free and without any obligation for anything in return. The value is there for those who want to use it. Of others don't, they don't have to use it.

@Coxis - A LAN function is on the list of things to add. It will take a bit of time to include it, but Paul wants to include it.

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
no, what I mean is, what does it really add that doesn't already exist?

I have been looking for a windows solution of a dashboard software that allows me to use dashboards complete with shift lights, gear and speed indicators, supports custom dashboards and supports all cars in the service. This would allow me to run the program off of my iRacing PC or a networked PC directly to a small monitor right by my center monitor.

Could you please direct me to such an application? I have been looking for one for months.

I have been looking for a windows solution of a dashboard software that allows me to use dashboards complete with shift lights, gear and speed indicators, supports custom dashboards and supports all cars in the service. This would allow me to run the program off of my iRacing PC or a networked PC directly to a small monitor right by my center monitor.

Could you please direct me to such an application? I have been looking for one for months.

um...right here ;) :D:gtpflag:

I'm pretty stoked about this program, and I have contributed 500 of my own money to making it a reality. I've been wanting such a program for iracing, but nothing really fit the bill. There are some good options out there, but either they're expensive or don't offer the versatility of the DDU. This is my "DIY" effort for iRacing, and I think everyone who will use it will enjoy it.

We've already deployed the first round of beta tests, and those are going now. I included the DDU Profiles which I've created so far so they can get up to speed. We're most likely going to put it out to all of the contributors by the beginning of next month.

The DDU program has a ton of potential. I did a "Pit Board" just for some fun (I think it's in the thread somewhere here). There's really no limit to what it can do but one's imagination.

I'm hoping to put up my next DDU Profile later tonight...my Aussie customers and friends will like it ;)

d

Here's the one I did for the V8SC:

V8SC.png

I have a few tweaks to make to it, but it's decent :)

Here's the Pit Board I did for some fun:

pitboard.png

d

Looking pretty awesome Derek! Thank you for sharing the progress! I'm really liking this thing!

I know. I'm just trying to see if swift's statement is well founded or not, because if there is such a software (apart from iRDDU) then I sure as hell want to try it out as well.

If William has a known program, I'd like to see it. I consider myself to be decently informed of things, and other than the for pay apps for the Android and iPhones, we have Russell's great "Screen in a Box". Those either require an external device and a for-pay download or is a standalone and integrated hardware/software solution.

Indeed we have the free and very useful iSpeed and MTA programs, but they don't offer the range of data the DDU has nor can you customize them to present the data of choice in any graphical format the user wants. I even envisage, like left888 has already done, that a number of folks will want to run several timer/telem/data programs at once.

The program is free and offered on its merits. There are a number of improvements and enhancements Paul is working into the program, and I can say that he has some incredible talent. It's been great moving this project along, and he really is the brains of the effort. The goal of the DDU is to be something of value for anyone who wants to use it. I think without doubt it will be that.

d

Exactly Derek. In fact, MTA is the closest I've found to resemble what I've been looking for, but it doesn't even support all cars and is somewhat limited. A great effort, of course, but not up to speed (no pun intended!).

So for swift to say that there's already something similar out there... that is quite a statement.

We've released the iRDDU to all contributors today for the initial round of tests following the beta. All has been good so far, and we're on track to release the program to everyone on the 1st of September.

Is it possible to have a fuel guage?

You have triple screens and the display! Sooo much ENVY! lol.

Yes - we've released the program for Contributor Tests and several of my own DDU Profiles have fuel level included. Once we have the general release, there will be a listing of all the data values you can use.

Here's a quickie video of the Spek Tacho Demonstration:

d

That's awesome Derek! This software is gonna be awesome and for sure a game changer in the market! Thank you and everyone involved in the project for making it accesible to everyone!

I bought the Doublesight 8.9" USB monitor just for this, I should be getting it by Tuesday of next week. :)

Awesome, just awesome! Thanks for taking the time and I'm sure making it free will please a lot of people. :)

Can we use any type of monitor or does it have to be usb monitors ?

Anything you want - so long as it works with Windows. I recommend a 7" or 9" USB for ease of use, but if you have it working in Windows, then you can run the DDU on it.

Awesome, just awesome! Thanks for taking the time and I'm sure making it free will please a lot of people. :)

Who doesn't like "free"?! 👍

Cheers Derek
I'm at work looking at a spare monitor we have sitting on the ground, I'm taking it home for the weekend to test your iRDDU 👍
I have also just built triple screen setup, so I really have no idea how to get this extra screen up and running, guess I'll find out in a couple of hours :)

:cheers:

Congratulations Derek, I've been to the new site and one particular 7" monitor caught my eye. This one but when I clicked on the buy now link it only showed the details but nowhere to purchase it or the price.

I do have a 7" USB monitor which I use for iSpeed and I want to continue using it on that monitor, so another USB monitor would be nice and the link I provided shows it and it is a beauty with a tall stand.

So far my 7" monitor works great with my triples, does anyone know how many USB monitors will work with triple monitors under windows 7?

Also I hope some of you guys have donated some money to Derek and Paul for this fine app. $10, $20 whatever you can spare would be great for all their work.

Cheers Derek
I'm at work looking at a spare monitor we have sitting on the ground, I'm taking it home for the weekend to test your iRDDU 👍
I have also just built triple screen setup, so I really have no idea how to get this extra screen up and running, guess I'll find out in a couple of hours :)

Getting a USB monitor to work with windows is pretty straight forward, what type of video card(s) are you using? I use nVidia, so I don't go into the nVidia calibration panel, rather I use windows "screen resolution", get it to find new monitor. Sometimes it will take a minute or two for windows to find it, give it time.

Last edited:
Congratulations Derek, I've been to the new site and one particular 7" monitor caught my eye. This one but when I clicked on the buy now link it only showed the details but nowhere to purchase it or the price.

I do have a 7" USB monitor which I use for iSpeed and I want to continue using it on that monitor, so another USB monitor would be nice and the link I provided shows it and it is a beauty with a tall stand.

So far my 7" monitor works great with my triples, does anyone know how many USB monitors will work with triple monitors under windows 7?

Also I hope some of you guys have donated some money to Derek and Paul for this fine app. $10, $20 whatever you can spare would be great for all their work.

Getting a USB monitor to work with windows is pretty straight forward, what type of video card(s) are you using? I use nVidia, so I don't go into the nVidia calibration panel, rather I use windows "screen resolution", get it to find new monitor. Sometimes it will take a minute or two for windows to find it, give it time.

Thank you :) We're proud it became a reality. A note about donations: I don't see any of it, and I have my own money into it to make it happen. Paul's efforts are what's instrumental in the project.

See this link on Newegg.ca:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824185014CVF

It's a 8.9" USB screen from Doublesight. It's my understanding you can run as many as you want.

d

I have been having some issues with my setup... It works correctly, but running my USB monitor has completely ruined my CCC presets and getting CCC to recognize my 3 monitor display group is a pain, but manageable. It seems like the USB monitor can only be managed via Windows and my monitors via CCC. Anyways, the app is working great so far minus a few little complaints I have, but nothing major.

Awesome job. I might jump into making my own dashboards... always fun.

Well I just came back from Safeway and I donated another $2.00, it's not a lot, this week it's for breast cancer. Last week it was for MS. I always donate to worthy causes, usually I go their 3 or 4 times a week and I always donate $2.00. I realize cancer is a much more serious cause but I felt anything that is given to the community for free and has a big impact it too deserves a donation.

I have been having some issues with my setup... It works correctly, but running my USB monitor has completely ruined my CCC presets and getting CCC to recognize my 3 monitor display group is a pain, but manageable. It seems like the USB monitor can only be managed via Windows and my monitors via CCC. Anyways, the app is working great so far minus a few little complaints I have, but nothing major.

Awesome job. I might jump into making my own dashboards... always fun.

Yes, you only manage the USB from windows, see my post above Derek's last post. Also when you restart your computer, sometimes the USB may not come on, so just restart your computer again and give it time. Sometimes windows does not see it, usually after a few times windows will recognize the USB. After you use it a few times you will see all the little quirks with it.

Last edited:

Cheers left
The monitor isn't a usb one, I could see it in windows screen resolution page but still couldn't get it to work, I think I'll just wait until I get a 7'' usb one.

Back