Daytona Road 600PP AWD :00/:20/:40

• Thread starter LizMcQueen
  • 87 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent idea Monkey.👍 I don't mind racing in a Lancia or Brera only event. Anything to gain back some interest on this track! :)

Think like the other events, what would have made this a little more interesting and fun, using some of the slower 4WD cars, maybe same car for all, let any non GTP in their cars shoot off while we all do battle in the likes of either the Lancia/Alfa/TT.

It's a good idea.
You propose to do an event using slow cars (TT, Brera and Delta) right?
Ok, but... what kind of races do you want?
An event between slow cars, for example TT vs. Brera or maybe a spec racing, for example Delta Cup (I think you like that car)?

Opinions please.

I think a one make event would make the playing field fair, as in car wise, obviously the tunning side and talent will then make a difference, just off to test the Audi TT.

Think Im going same way as Sinistar, the Alfa or the Lancia would make for a nice one make only race.

Last edited:
I would imagine the TT being considerably faster than the other 2 cars. I just did a 1'55.9xx in the Delta with no draft using R1's.

I would imagine the TT being considerably faster than the other 2 cars. I just did a 1'55.9xx in the Delta with no draft using R1's.

Pretty sure it is from trying these once before here at DR, just my set ups are probably from Fuji and the gearing i am using for the TT is more suited to a milk float, gets you no where fast, but the milk gets delivered.

So maybe a Lancia only race will make for some close...fun racing. Just having a quick go on S3's in the TT then back in the Lancia.....vvvrrrrroooommmmm vvvrrrrooooommmm.....beep beep

At this time I don't have a PS3 (****ing yellow light), could anyone test the TT and the Brera? if their times are similar, we can do an event TT vs. Brera (I think the Delta is slower than these two) and if not, spec racing event.

Edit: eight people reading... but they don't say nothing, come on guys
6nw6rb.png

Last edited:
At this time I don't have a PS3 (****ing yellow light), could anyone test the TT and the Brera? if their times are similar, we can do an event TT vs. Brera (I think the Delta is slower than these two) and if not, spec racing event.

6nw6rb.png

Kiss.

6nw6rb.png

Sorry Liz :lol:
We are all probably busy racing in this event & reporting back with our enjoyable experiences... :dopey:
And sorry to hear about your YLOD problem. Hope you'll get it fixed soon 👍

Sorry Liz :lol:
We are all probably busy racing in this event & reporting back with our enjoyable experiences... :dopey:
And sorry to hear about your YLOD problem. Hope you'll get it fixed soon 👍

No problem, I forgot that hehe
ojkvlu.gif

This week I hope buy a new PS3 Slim.

I'm viewing time trials, and the difference between cars is too big.
TT: 2'06.486
Brera: 2'10.772
Delta: 2'13.866

Definitely we have to do a spec racing event.
The question is: what car? TT, Brera or Delta?

Edit: I said "spec racing event" and you said "make one event", both forms are correct isn't it?

Last edited:
3 lancia's in the last race, was fun apart from having to put up with well you know what.

Oooops forgot about the TT as well in last race 👍

In that race I tested a wrong tune for TT, but testet your tune now and its very stable and nice. But need more pratice with TT. Doing 1.58.xxx and not the fastest, but I think around 1.56 with more practise..

Per

Your event Liz, do what you wish, from the couple of races Ive had, seems very very close in the Lancias, not tried several in the Alfa/TT as of yet.

Sorry to Chunkee_Monkey and Quattro1234 for the bumps in the last race.

The racing in the lancias has been good, close as Chunkee said( albeit because of his slipstream)

In that race I tested a wrong tune for TT, but testet your tune now and its very stable and nice. But need more pratice with TT. Doing 1.58.xxx and not the fastest, but I think around 1.56 with more practise..
Per
quattro1234, test the Audi TT by Chunkee_Monkey.
Your event Liz, do what you wish, from the couple of races Ive had, seems very very close in the Lancias, not tried several in the Alfa/TT as of yet.
you're wrong, is our event and moreover, 75% of the setups are yours, you're the boss, as everyone who write in this thread.

The racing in the lancias has been good, close as Chunkee said( albeit because of his slipstream)

Thats oki..we all just testing now:)

Per

Just had a fantastic, close race with Monkey. :)
I was just thinking, this event has a rolling-start, maybe we should all wait at the start? For example there might be some Deltas who are placed upfront & the rest of the poor souls at the end which is not at all fair. Perhaps we should all turn into the pitlane & wait for the faster cars to disappear?

Just had a fantastic, close race with Monkey. :)
I was just thinking, this event has a rolling-start, maybe we should all wait at the start? For example there might be some Deltas who are placed upfront & the rest of the poor souls at the end which is not at all fair. Perhaps we should all turn into the pitlane & wait for the faster cars to disappear?

Same here, nice races, pretty sure that all ability levels could keep fairly close in this car.
I was thinking same, maybe run as normal from start but run easy so we can allow faster cars through and other lancias to catch up, so after turn 2, the right turn we could then floor it, or ease off and head to pit lane, like you say then go for it. Must say some of the fun in this is wacthing the faster cars go off big time in turn 1 while we pick our way through.

Don't worry about it, i kept bumping you in one of the turns, till we get the hang of it sure will be some more paint swapping, we all know here that it's not intentional between us lot. 👍

Nice few laps in that last one, my last one for the night though, be back in this tomorrow evening, hope to catch the usual guys and maybe a few others as well, cheers

Last edited:
I had great races yesterday, in the two that PDs awful matching system actually connected me to! The rest of last night was spent watching it repeatedly fail :(

But I do like the idea of using the Delta for this event, it is a great little car 👍

Hopefully there'll be more racing and less failing tonight, see you on track!! :)

Crispy74, Chunkee_Monkey, Sinistar, quattro1234, DOUQA

All way to fast for me, i was choking on the dust back here. :yuck:

Phillip.

I'm viewing time trials, and the difference between cars is too big.
TT: 2'06.486
Brera: 2'10.772
Delta: 2'13.866

If you tune them all to 600PP they should be a lot closer.

Crispy74, Chunkee_Monkey, Sinistar, quattro1234, DOUQA

All way to fast for me, i was choking on the dust back here.

Could we set a recommended car for the different divisions:
Div 1 Delta
Div 2 Brera
Div 3 TT
Div 4 & 5 Evo X

With a target time in Free flow (for exceptions like DOUQA going fast for the division DOUQA is placed in), to get close races across the divisions.
Like an handicap event, where the fast drivers accept they might not win easily due to handicap.

P.S.: I just like to drive, getting used to eating dust.
Internet has been mostly down for the last days in my apartment, so did not get to race.

Same here, nice races, pretty sure that all ability levels could keep fairly close in this car.
I was thinking same, maybe run as normal from start but run easy so we can allow faster cars through and other lancias to catch up, so after turn 2, the right turn we could then floor it, or ease off and head to pit lane, like you say then go for it. Must say some of the fun in this is wacthing the faster cars go off big time in turn 1 while we pick our way through.

I concur all at GTP know what’s going on when you see the front guys slowing down for others in a rolling start race, much better than waiting at the start.

One other thing maybe one make race same tune, i.e. Power, weight, gears.

Set your own springs, dampers, ride, camber, toe, brakes and so on, how you like the car to handle in the corners, exchange tuning tips between races, try to help the slower or the guys that would like to tune their own cars but don’t know where to start.

Must get very boring for the faster guys out front with no one to challenge them, I’m all right at the back I have the fun of the chase.
Just a couple of thoughts for what should be a fun event well done Liz.👍

Phillip.

Could we set a recommended car for the different divisions:
Div 1 Delta
Div 2 Brera
Div 3 TT
Div 4 & 5 Evo X
That's a good idea, I think the difference between cars is too big, but we can try it.
One other thing maybe one make race same tune, i.e. Power, weight, gears.
I was looking for a tune for Delta-Daytona, but no luck. We need a tuner.

Well, everybody likes the Lancia Delta, so... Delta Cup.
PS: I think that on march 25th will be the update of online events, if we are bored of this event next week, we could change Delta by TT or Brera.

Looks good, I will try to get in here later once I've set up my R8. Hopefully this has less punters than suzi

Well, everybody likes the Lancia Delta, so... Delta Cup.
PS: I think that on march 25th will be the update of online events, if we are bored of this event next week, we could change Delta by TT or Brera.

I'm more than happy with a Lancia Delta Cup Keira 👍

I have one handy. Be up in a few minutes.

edit: this is it

👍

Thanks clacksman
xdgpqc.gif

I have a question (doubt): are you sure that R3/R1 tires is the best option?
I don't know, just asking because I think R tires have a lot of grip and as Daytona has many straights, we would have a problem with the top speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back