Daytona Road Course 1-Lap Attack: M4 M Performance Edition

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 75 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
Daytona Road Course 1-Lap Attack: M4 M Performance Edition

ppR6Dog.jpg

Image courtesy of GRANKUSTOM .. Many Thanks.

Rankings Registration: 19/11/2014 – 03/12/2014, 07:00 GMT/UTC
Period of Availability: 19/11/2014 – 17/12/2014, 07:00 GMT/UTC

Entry Requirements:
N/A: Courtesy Car Provided

Prizes:
Gold: Cr. 115,000
Silver: Cr. 75,000
Bronze: Cr. 40,000

Gift(s):
Gold: GT GREY 003-N Paint Chip

Target Time:
Gold: 2:02.000
Silver: 2:05.000
Bronze: 2:15.000

SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.

Course Conditions:
Track: Daytona Road Course
Track Length: 3.56 miles / 5729 m
Time of day: **:**
Temp: *
Precipitation: 0%

Last edited:
To you they are the PS3 freezes when you give to the restart button?It happens sometimes ..And I had to turn off the PS3 many times.

This seasonal event will not give you the car - you need to buy it with your own money. Same as the TS030 and IS-F CCS-R ones, which I refuse to do. :grumpy:

Cars a bit of a bag 'o shirt - locky brakes, weighs a planet under braking, twitchy etc that said managed a clean 1st lap bronze with the DS3 - time was about 4 secs from silver the lap was dogtoffee! The wheel is coming out in a few days when my sign in bonus is back to 5 day flavour...

This seasonal event will not give you the car - you need to buy it with your own money. Same as the TS030 and IS-F CCS-R ones, which I refuse to do. :grumpy:
That's your right and your choice.
But you don't need to buy any car.
You only need a M4 for the drift.
Vision, game suplies you with the car
This daytona race? game supplies you with the car
Drift, Buy one of the 2 M4 's, or you should have 1 M4 from the first hotlap events back in december/new year.

I did buy the car, bought the pacecar lights, replaced the wheels.
Did all events, didn't notice i spend credits on the car.
Events give more then 1.000.000cr total with the 200% login bonus and a free vision car.
So my advice, give in this one time.

I loved the lights on the roof of the M4 performance while i was drifting.

That's your right and your choice.
But you don't need to buy any car.
You only need a M4 for the drift.
Vision, game suplies you with the car
This daytona race? game supplies you with the car
Drift, Buy one of the 2 M4 's, or you should have 1 M4 from the first hotlap events back in december/new year.

I did buy the car, bought the pacecar lights, replaced the wheels.
Did all events, didn't notice i spend credits on the car.
Events give more then 1.000.000cr total with the 200% login bonus and a free vision car.
So my advice, give in this one time.

I loved the lights on the roof of the M4 performance while i was drifting.

Hey, I mean that this seasonal won't give the new M4 as a prize car. 💡

Hey, I mean that this seasonal won't give the new M4 as a prize car. 💡
I know, my post was for the "WHICH I REFUSE TO DO".;)

ow ontopic:
I used steerhelp weak and traction at 3 and got me gold in 3 laps, actually 2, 1 lap got of the track.on a DS3 without the analog sticks.(can't use them, it's a hand/eye thing)

Last edited:
After lots of frustrating tries at the first corner, I finally know how to take it properly. Just brake (very hard) without turning the wheel. You'll have to angle yourself properly so you don't end up hitting the wall.

what times did you guys do? I managed a 1:58.5 earlier, will give it another try some other time. I really liked this event, very fun once you get used to that car.

After lots of frustrating tries at the first corner, I finally know how to take it properly. Just brake (very hard) without turning the wheel. You'll have to angle yourself properly so you don't end up hitting the wall.

what times did you guys do? I managed a 1:58.5 earlier, will give it another try some other time. I really liked this event, very fun once you get used to that car.

Did around 2:01:3XX with a DS3. Then again, I usually Gold events, then never do them again. Especially when you don't earn extra money (which would be a very nice motivation).

That first corner, without ABS, I reckon the best way to tackle it is to try to align the car as much as possible in a straight line, barely turning the wheels as you go around it. Otherwise, it's understeer paradise and a sure ticket to disqualified.

I managed a 1.58.3.... After bout 60miles, i can hit the 57s... 56 i aint too sure about... Immortal pulls a full second on me at the final chicane and right hander before the home straight... :( ill keep going!

Touchy brakes on that beast. I think I slid off the track 3 or 4 times before I found the sweet spot. Got a gold & I am done with that one. I'd go buy the car if I could use it, but the one they supply is terrible. BMW should slap them...

Last edited:
After hours of trying I got in the 1:56's with time of 1:56.993 (#29)

ABS 1 no other driving aids. Still refusing to use driving line even if it would be useful at the bus-stop.

Someone should tell @IMMORTALPILOT , to short shift more , he is loosing a lot of time when revving in 3rd and 4th past 7200rpm.

MadMax

ABS 1 no other driving aids. Still refusing to use driving line even if it would be useful at the bus-stop.

Someone should tell @IMMORTALPILOT , to short shift more , he is loosing a lot of time when revving in 3rd and 4th past 7200rpm.

MadMax

You tell him, I'm not telling him. :nervous: :lol: Seriously though, do you really think he needs anymore help. :lol:

MadMax
I sent him a message.

I am embarrassed to say how many laps it took me to Gold this event. I wouldn't be surprised if the number were around 20. I kept getting DQ'ed at the Bus Stop chicane. :banghead: I have a 2:01.033 and that's good enough for me... Awesome job to everyone breaking the 2:00.xxx mark! 👍

Replay shows its fitted with Sports Hards, but it drives like there is frost on the tarmac, until you get used to it! ;)

You must not bruise a blade of grass at the bus stop, you will be DQ...
That's what it seems like when I was doing my laps...but then I watched Immortal's replay and I switch to bumper view, so I can see the view as if I were driving -- I swear, it seems like he did three or four things that consistently get me DQ'ed... I know I'm just singing the blues here, I'm certainly not accusing a driver of his skill of anything shady, I just feel like the damn game is against me! :lol: :dunce: :drool: But seriously...I had such difficulty - especially coming out of the bus stop. I was almost tempted to just turn the driving line on. :banghead:

That's what it seems like when I was doing my laps...but then I watched Immortal's replay and I switch to bumper view, so I can see the view as if I were driving -- I swear, it seems like he did three or four things that consistently get me DQ'ed... I know I'm just singing the blues here, I'm certainly not accusing a driver of his skill of anything shady, I just feel like the damn game is against me! :lol: :dunce: :drool: But seriously...I had such difficulty - especially coming out of the bus stop. I was almost tempted to just turn the driving line on. :banghead:
Only bronze so far. :/ this car handles like ****. I saw your blue line on the other Subaru TT this morning. I keep missing that first turn.

This car does not like fast entry, gotta slow down on entry then exit faster.
Yup. It took me several laps to realize that myself. I kept pushing too hard into corners and then throwing all my speed away. The key is definitely smoothness in this car. I don't know why, but I am just not good on this track at all. It's not the most technical of tracks, but I am just awful at the couple of ~180 degree turns in the infield and then I totally stink going through the bus-stop chicane. I've been practicing with the last Seasonal Event we have on that track but it didn't translate into any real gains when I ran this event. :grumpy:

@Bluesman81977 Keep at it buddy! Do a couple of laps where you really slow down going into the first turn -- watch my blue line and you'll see that you've probably been trying to carry too much speed into that corner and then you slide/plow and end up losing all momentum. Do a couple of laps where you intentionally let my blue line get ahead of you and then just try to keep up. I'm not the best example to follow on this event, but I did manage to squeak out a Gold time. Same thing with the Subaru event - I only did 4 laps last night when the event was released. Got a gold and called it quits. I might actually go back and try to improve that time as I kind of enjoy this Subaru car -- at least the way it sounds is pretty cool. 👍

Yup. It took me several laps to realize that myself. I kept pushing too hard into corners and then throwing all my speed away. The key is definitely smoothness in this car. I don't know why, but I am just not good on this track at all. It's not the most technical of tracks, but I am just awful at the couple of ~180 degree turns in the infield and then I totally stink going through the bus-stop chicane. I've been practicing with the last Seasonal Event we have on that track but it didn't translate into any real gains when I ran this event. :grumpy:

@Bluesman81977 Keep at it buddy! Do a couple of laps where you really slow down going into the first turn -- watch my blue line and you'll see that you've probably been trying to carry too much speed into that corner and then you slide/plow and end up losing all momentum. Do a couple of laps where you intentionally let my blue line get ahead of you and then just try to keep up. I'm not the best example to follow on this event, but I did manage to squeak out a Gold time. Same thing with the Subaru event - I only did 4 laps last night when the event was released. Got a gold and called it quits. I might actually go back and try to improve that time as I kind of enjoy this Subaru car -- at least the way it sounds is pretty cool. 👍
I'll probably try again tomorrow morning. I was running the newer TT events today. :)

Latest Posts

Back