Daytona Road Course 1-Lap Attack: M4 M Performance Edition

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 75 comments
For some reason, my competitive me told me to give it another try. Improved my time by 0.900, now hitting 2:00.4XX. I want to get into the 1:59.XXX now.

Yeah, love this track, but not so much this event. Something wrong with the sound in the early stages of the race, so exact gear changes were a little difficult. Also thought the car handled a bit "slippery" to be fair, but got gold and gone. Back to play with the new Subaru...........yeah.......

I am embarrassed to say how many laps it took me to Gold this event. I wouldn't be surprised if the number were around 20. I kept getting DQ'ed at the Bus Stop chicane. :banghead: I have a 2:01.033 and that's good enough for me... Awesome job to everyone breaking the 2:00.xxx mark! 👍

Nothing to be embarrassed about my friend, we were all there at one time or another and some of us (me) still struggle from time to time. From what I've seen of you in these Seasonal events, you're doing a fine job. 👍

I love this track. I hate this car. It has to be one of the worst handling cars in the game. Bronze and done. It's not worth the frustration. I never had any desire to be in the top. I'm usually happy with silver, but his car is like someone else said, "It's like there is frost on the pavement."

I love this track. I hate this car. It has to be one of the worst handling cars in the game.

I hate the track, and sort of hate the car as well. The main problem with the car are the brakes, which in a track that has a huge sweeper where you have to do the braking really stand out, and the wheelspin coming out of corners, which stands out as well since most corners are shaped U or a similar shape, meaning you will be turning while on the gas.

However, the event did make me appreciate Daytona more, and I'm more familiar with it. Given that I played little of GT5, Daytona was the worst track for me whenever I got to drive in it. It was so confusing.

Touchy brakes on that beast. I think I slid off the track 3 or 4 times before I found the sweet spot. Got a gold & I am done with that one. I'd go buy the car if I could use it, but the one they supply is terrible. BMW should slap them...
Buy the car !
Tried it in the Nürburg 24' and it is awesome.
I did supply RH tires and racing brakes

This is proving difficult for me. It seems more like a drift trial due to the wheelspin. Ugh. Got my time in the 2:02.xx not quite gold. :/ i just have to find half a second for gold...

Last edited:
I haven't put more than 2 laps in a time trial in ages but this combo really feels good to me. Not sure what it is like with a controller or different wheel but with a G27 it really is fun to drive, Very smooth and controlled.

Finally.... Got down to 1.56.880... I know theres more to be had but done around 1000 miles on it now and i still cant get any closer than 0.4 behind immortal going into the bus stop..... Losing a full second through that part alone :( i admire the guy just as much as i hate him haha :banghead: :bowdown:.... Fair play to the TRL guys, damn quick!

1.56.688... Practically shut my eyes through the bus stop exit haha couldnt have gotten closer to the wall! 7 days left to hit the 55s.... More chance of winning the lottry tbh

I don't even know how many 56.5's I've screwed in that last chicane :lol:
Hah yeah that bus stop is a BIATCH!! I can fairly easy get some ahead against my current ghost (1:56:6xx) but on my current record lap I had mediocre first part of the track but I somehow managed to nail that exit on the bus stop and shaved off more than .2 there alone against my older ghost... Damn it's hard corner to nail, especially when it's dark and your heart is racing 200 beats a minute after really good first part of the track. There's really nice 15 seconds to build up that pressure on that long straight before that bus stop :scared::scared::scared::lol:

Edit: But just like @Evo19uk said, coming to the chicane just close your eyes and pretend you're Immortal :lol: Peace of cake :lol:

Last edited:
:lol:
ODB
Hah yeah that bus stop is a BIATCH!! I can fairly easy get some ahead against my current ghost (1:56:6xx) but on my current record lap I had mediocre first part of the track but I somehow managed to nail that exit on the bus stop and shaved off more than .2 there alone against my older ghost... Damn it's hard corner to nail, especially when it's dark and your heart is racing 200 beats a minute after really good first part of the track. There's really nice 15 seconds to build up that pressure on that long straight before that bus stop :scared::scared::scared::lol:

Edit: But just like @Evo19uk said, coming to the chicane just close your eyes and pretend you're Immortal :lol: Peace of cake :lol:
Its bad that i drive better with my eyes closed :lol: had two red 56.1s today, furiousssssssss :banghead:

ts bad that i drive better with my eyes closed :lol: had two red 56.1s today, furiousssssssss

HAhah, yeah, I was so many times ahead my ghost today that I think I would have done better in that chicane by closing my eyes, or at least it would have made no difference :lol:

ODB
HAhah, yeah, I was so many times ahead my ghost today that I think I would have done better in that chicane by closing my eyes, or at least it would have made no difference :lol:
time just disappears in that section, so frustrating.. Hmmm im too stubborn to quit :P

time just disappears in that section, so frustrating.. Hmmm im too stubborn to quit :P
Talking about stubborness, I believe I did 5 hour stint yesterday :lol: Had to stop because hands started to ache so damn much, and they still hurts this morning like hell :lol: Damn what a fun game, I can imagine people on PD laughing they asses off "hey, let's give em TT at daytona, let's make that last corner in dark so people will loose their minds trying to nail it, muahhahaa" :lol: Pffft, who ever came up with that chicane compination I would like to shake hes hand, and then give couple of sharp hits on fore head with tire iron :lol: :lol: "Take that you 🤬 and that, and that, and...) :lol:

ODB
Talking about stubborness, I believe I did 5 hour stint yesterday :lol: Had to stop because hands started to ache so damn much, and they still hurts this morning like hell :lol: Damn what a fun game, I can imagine people on PD laughing they asses off "hey, let's give em TT at daytona, let's make that last corner in dark so people will loose their minds trying to nail it, muahhahaa" :lol: Pffft, who ever came up with that chicane compination I would like to shake hes hand, and then give couple of sharp hits on fore head with tire iron :lol: :lol: "Take that you 🤬 and that, and that, and...) :lol:

I reckon they let immortal choose it ;)

First ran this without ABS and could only manage a 1:57.39x but was losing so much time in the first corner not being able to brake aggressively- it's far too bumpy.

Turned it on and immediately ran two 1:56.6s red lapped in the bus stop (:irked:), have been running .2 faster than that as well before the bus-stop. Ended on a 1:57.0, but will upgrade that over the next few days for sure.

Back