DC: GTP "weekly" drawing contest # 8: get some acids and design something!

• Thread starter Cano
  • 223 comments

Cano

Premium
Mexico
Cephiro
well, after a looooong Silvia contest, finally poll is up. and we now need to sink our teeth into something. This "week" will feature NO base car. I want you all that enter this competition to design a car. whatever a car it might be, a sports car, a Limo, a freakin Minivan, I dont care. Just assume these rules:

1 - The design has to be absolutely yours.
2 - you CANT base your design on a marque. This means, no clues of any companies design trends. You cant make the "Toyota something" or the "chevrolet something".
3 - If possible, try to provide a front AND rear view of the car, as it is a complete design. This will be heavily taken into consideration. 'sides, come on, it isnt that difficult.

last one isnt exactly a rule, but it would help a lot. if I ask for it like, "pleeeze do a rear and front shot of the car", would you do it?
last, of course, have freakin fun. I know you all do. the competition ends when it ends, as you all know. I hope to see your works here soon. burn your brains, smoke something trippy and get to work on your (YOUR) cars!!!!

Cano

Hey hey! This sounds like a lot of fun. Count me in :D So we're sticking with the open ended deadline. Good, I like it that way:)

Chaser

im in...ive been designing cars ever since i knew what they were.....i have blueprints and design sketches for several different models....my cars are all mid/rear engine rear wheel drive cars....mostly sketched out in pen when im bored at school.. ill see if i can find a scanner and get one or 2 up here. or maybe ill just make up sumthin new.

rotfl.gif

Originally posted by Cano
something is strangely familiar about that... :D

Cano

:lol: Well, I can tell you what ive done. But no picture available.
What I have now. Its a "Super-Car" facing the back. Its got the entire rear hood off, exposing the engine. The Engine is visable. I think you'll will see it at the earliest, tomarrow. On my Weak Digital.:(

But. I should have my Front view of the car by tomarrow.

when does the contest end? in CAD class, i sesigned a 3-d car i's like to enter. i can't enter it until AFTER spring break (ends Apr. 5).

Originally posted by Event Horizon
when does the contest end? in CAD class, i sesigned a 3-d car i's like to enter. i can't enter it until AFTER spring break (ends Apr. 5).

Sorry man, you an't enter a computer-generated car, it has to be hand-drawn.

as for SuperSupra and Darin, it is ok if you dont make it too obvious and if you dont make a "toyota-chevrolet-bmw-insert make here- something" and say "its the next "toyota-chevrolet-bmw-insert make here- something"... it has to be YOUR design. Im gonna make the Canomobile XD

Cano

heres mine, my scanner totally sux, as you can see from the scan, but you can see the basic shape, and in the front, there is an intercooler between the vents.

Attachments

• dc8.gif
    dc8.gif
    10.9 KB · Views: 252
Well, since I need a front view of the car. I guess I can't enter it. But somehow. When I do the front view it looks ****'d up. So Im gonna show you my Back veiw with the Engine showing.

CONCEPT1.jpg

Tell me what you guys think.

Originally posted by FireEmblem62
any comments on mine(if you can see any of it, or make out what it looks like)
no offense, but it looks like you just edited blueprints of an already made car then made up an excuse that your scanner sucks and tryed to pass it off as yours, just an observation, i have no proof of this so i dont know.

Originally posted by Darin
Well, since I need a front view of the car. I guess I can't enter it. But somehow. When I do the front view it looks ****'d up. So Im gonna show you my Back veiw with the Engine showing.

CONCEPT1.jpg

heym that is pretty cool! now try to draw it with the hood on and of course the front view of the car. if you can attach the three images together it would be awesome!!

fire emblem: I cant see a thing :odd:
Integra maybe (:

Cano

actually, I have just sketched what might be my final. I have troubles with my rear, tough :irked:

Originally posted by Darin

CONCEPT1.jpg

I believe I already told you that it looks like a hotwheels car; but here's why; under normal circumstances you wouldn't see a car like that running amok with its engine showing (unless the cover got destroyed or was removed for heating reasons; or the car was a hotwheels car...).

BTW, I designed this one a little while ago, but I figure I can still enter it here...
attachment.php

Well, maybe not. I have a feeling that I've got one more of those designs in me, and this time I'll be sure to do it right...

Back