DC Photography competition 3.0: Week 001

• Thread starter Aphelion
  • 70 comments
...In the mean time, i highly recommend everyone who doesn't already have one to go and sign up for flickr. Its completely free, and allows for a bit more freedom as far as sizes and even editing goes. Please check it out. If you have any questions, PM me!
Sorry, it seems that Flickr requires a yahoo account, which is something I object to on moral grounds (China 2005.) I will look at other options though.

Last edited:
Umm... Okay... what do you mean? :confused:
A Chinese dissident writer mailed information about the state censorship rules in 2005 to an outside source via his secure Yahoo mail account. The authorities wanted him shut down and demanded that Yahoo provide his details - Yahoo complied without a fight. The guy got imprisoned for ten years and Yahoo got a shed-load of bad press at the time. Of course, pretty much everyone has forgotten about all of that now. I stopped using my Yahoo account at that point.

So, I will need to look into another image hosting site. I'm on my 'weekend' now, so that shouldn't be a problem.

A Chinese dissident writer mailed information about the state censorship rules in 2005 to an outside source via his secure Yahoo mail account. The authorities wanted him shut down and demanded that Yahoo provide his details - Yahoo complied without a fight. The guy got imprisoned for ten years and Yahoo got a shed-load of bad press at the time. Of course, pretty much everyone has forgotten about all of that now. I stopped using my Yahoo account at that point.

So, I will need to look into another image hosting site. I'm on my 'weekend' now, so that shouldn't be a problem.
Ummm... riiiight. I never really liked yahoo either, but i don't exactly use it at all. Flickr only requires you to use the email, just as youtube requires you to use google +. but its up to you anyway. Flickr is just probably the better of the few hosting sites that exist, and most people on this site use it. But again, its up to you! :)

Final Entry

10869864_637923602996782_1129465209379494185_o.jpg

Daisy cutter

Back