De-Activiated Account?

• Thread starter Jakedog23
  • 5 comments
United States
Idaho Falls, ID
JakeDog23
Hey so I got this notification when I popped into GTPlanet about 10 minutes go.

It made me create a new email and I just wanted to know as to why I had to.

Worth noting, this was the case this morning when I checked on some PM's

Attachments

• IMG_0298.PNG
    IMG_0298.PNG
    47.1 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Hey so I got this notification when I popped into GTPlanet about 10 minutes go. View attachment 661183
It made me create a new email and I just wanted to know as to why I had to.

Worth noting, this was the case this morning when I checked on some PM's
I had the same thing, and did the same thing as you, having to create a new e-mail. That's pretty awkward, wonder why our old e-mails cannot be accepted anymore...

Last edited:
I was doing maintenance and some emails were incorrectly flagged as invalid.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience; if you were affected, you can reset your email back to the previous address that you want to use.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience; if you were affected, you can reset your email back to the previous address that you want to use.

You can't if your account address is not valid anymore. When my account was created in 2004, I used the e-mail address I had back then. About ten years ago I switched my provider and the e-mail address I used to register got invalid. I should/could have updated it, but never did. I didn't even know my old address was still in my profile.

Today the forum wanted me to confirm my old invalid e-mail address, which of course is impossible. I was still logged in, but you can't change your e-mail address before you renew your account. To renew your account, you first need a valid address in your profile.

There is only one way to get around this problem:
1. If you are logged in, change your e-mail address in your profile and save. The forum does not allow to save any changes before you renew the account, but the change is kept for the current session
2. Refresh browser window. You still can't change and save your address, but the renew e-mail now goes to your new e-mail address if you click on the renew window. Send the e-mail to your new address.
3. Do NOT click on the renew link in the e-mail while any GTP window is open. Close every GTP browser window, THEN confirm the e-mail from GTP
4. Now your account is renewed, you can change and save your e-mail address in your profile

Last edited:
Back