Dear mods, I have a very sad confession to make... :'(

Turkey
The Internet
muratkaan2000
You see, I was banned about 4 years ago for lying about my age. At the time, I didn't know that you had to be 13 or older to register. The duration of the ban was 1 year. Being the impatient person I am, I tried to get around the ban by signing up on another account, which is this one. I never used my old account after the ban. And get this... I lied about my age. Again. To be able to create this account. I'm sorry... I'm really, really sorry... :( If you want to ban me, I won't complain because I know I have done something wrong and I should be punished for it.
I loved every second of being a part of the :gtplanet:community. Stay awesome, and never lie about anything. I will miss GTP.

You see, I was banned about 4 years ago for lying about my age. At the time, I didn't know that you had to be 13 or older to register. The duration of the ban was 1 year. Being the impatient person I am, I tried to get around the ban by signing up on another account, which is this one. I never used my old account after the ban. And get this... I lied about my age. Again. To be able to create this account. I'm sorry... I'm really, really sorry... :( If you want to ban me, I won't complain because I know I have done something wrong and I should be punished for it.
I loved every second of being a part of the :gtplanet:community. Stay awesome, and never lie about anything. I will miss GTP.

IMG_4648.JPG

:cheers:

If you are going to break a rule, it may aswell be age, and not something else. I honestly think you'll be okay.

Unless you went out in a ball of fire last time you got banned you should be good. They don't like avoiding the ban though.
And to be honest as young as you are, your grammar is better than some people I've seen.
We'll see what a moderator says. Hopefully they let you stay, you seem like a cool kid.

Unless you went out in a ball of fire last time you got banned you should be good. They don't like avoiding the ban though.
And to be honest as young as you are, your grammar is better than some people I've seen.
We'll see what a moderator says. Hopefully they let you stay, you seem like a cool kid.

I cried when I got the ban back then, because getting a ban hurts. Shedding a few tears is all I did. I didn't flame the mods or anything. I lived with it. I'm actually surprised to learn that my grammar is good. I hope they let me stay as well, but like I said, if they decide otherwise, I'm not going to complain. I should be an example for my fellow GTP members, old and new, that they should never lie. It isn't a good thing to do.

By the way, is the decision made by one mod or do they decide this sort of thing together?

Last edited:
Reported to help you in your quest to bring this to the attention of a mod. :)

I didn't either. I read the AUP again and it's not written anywhere that you have to be 13 or over to sign up.
You are required to enter your birthdate when you sign up. If you are too young, your registration is clearly rejected with a message telling you why. You have to explicitly and knowingly provide false information to violate this rule.

I didn't either. I read the AUP again and it's not written anywhere that you have to be 13 or over to sign up.
You're right. I just checked it as well, the only reference to "age" I found was in the Terms of Service in regards to the GTP Store, specifically:
SECTION 1 – ONLINE STORE TERMS
By agreeing to these Terms of Service, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
and nothing at all in the AUP

Edit:
Treed, somewhat.

The only time I read on this site about anything regarding age, was a locked Thread by @daan. I think it was called GTP is PG-13, or something like that and it might not even have been him.
I can't find it now and also talked about in threads like this.
But there is nothing in the FAQ, ToS, AUP or the Privacy Policy regarding minimum age requirement. I know it's none of my business or my site, but it should be posted somewhere, since y'all face the chance of lawsuits.

Edit: still cant find it. But I saw something interesting in the search menu.
A option to search "child forums". I didn't even know we have a "child section". Whats that? The drift and drag forums? :lol: :lol:

Edit 2: I found the thread I was talking about. It's in the GTA section.

Last edited:
I know it's none of my business or my site, but it should be posted somewhere, since y'all face the chance of lawsuits.
You are required to enter your birthdate when you sign up. If you are too young, your registration is clearly rejected with a message telling you why. You have to explicitly and knowingly provide false information to violate this rule.
There's no need to have it on the site, because you cannot register for the site if you are too young - and you are told this if you try to do so.

There's no need to have it on the site, because you cannot register for the site if you are too young - and you are told this if you try to do so.
Ok. But what about some kid that doesn't even bother to use their real age from the get go? The system would never know right?

Latest Posts

Back