Dear Mr. Yamauchi - A question about future legendary driver themed DLC content - Poll Added

Which legendary racecar drivers would you like to see honoured in future Gran Turismo DLC?

• Richard Petty

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Dale Earhardt

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • Jimmie Johnson

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Juan Manuel Fangio

Votes: 27 25.5%
  • Michael Schumacher

Votes: 59 55.7%
  • Mario Andretti

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • Jackie Stewart

Votes: 34 32.1%
  • A. J. Foyt

Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Gilles Villeneuve

• Tommi Makinen

• Sebastian Loeb

Votes: 30 28.3%
  • Alain Prost

Votes: 24 22.6%

• Total voters

Johnnypenso

Well known double poster
Premium
Canada
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Johnnypenso
Dear Mr. Yamauchi,

We are all very excited that you chose to honour the legendary Ayrton Senna for the first driver themed DLC content and we look forward to racing his kart and 2 of the cars that were instrumental in his early career. We also really appreciated the work you did with Mr. Andretti and the re-creation of his Hudson racecar.

Will we see more driver themed content in future Gran Turismo DLC?

For poll respondents, try to limit yourself to your top 3 selections please.

Jimmy Clark, Sebastian Loeb, Peter Brock, all good choices 👍 I didn't realize this till this morning, but a Schumacher tribute might not be quite appropriate at this time given his current situation.

Your so right. 👍

As a big fan of the Dakar Rally, check this film with Dutch trucker Jan de Rooy, when he passed Vatanen in the African dessert. EPIC. For me best Daker pictures ever.

(around 1:00)

Loving the soundtrack. 80's tastic :lol:

Epic footage though, can't believe how close the heli gets at one point!

I can't imagine blasting through the desert at 100mph with a lorry bearing down on me!

Off to watch more Dakar footage now... :cheers:

From that list, Mario Andretti:
F1, Indy cars, le mans,
This guy raced in so many cars, the best would make an awesome selection
For many reasons Mario would be at the top of my list...don't forget he also won the Daytona 500, along with the F1 title and Indy 500 and Pikes Peak and much more:

picture.php

And this:
AndrettiTQ-507x359.jpg

And this:
dscf4301lrge.jpg

Bruce McLaren: New Zealand motor racing legend, started the McLaren name in motor design, died while racing at Goodwood Circuit, June 2, 1970 at age 32.
bruce-mclaren-inseta.jpg

Roland Ratzenberger: Austrian F1 driver, killed during qualifying for the San Marino Grand Prix at Imola, Italy on April 30, 1994, aged 33.
ratz_61.jpg

Allan Simonsen: Denmark, killed at Le Mans, June 22, 2013 during the 81st 24 hours of Le Mans, 2 weeks short of his 35th birthday.
Ribbet collage.jpg

Peter Brock: Aussie Legend!! Won the Bathurst race 9 times (in both the 500 mile and 1000km) and died after a road rally accident in a Daytona Coupe in Perth, WA, September 8th, 2006 at age 61.
201300025090a.jpg

Last edited:
The Senna content was truly special. Ayrton was loved in Japan and that is demonstrated with the way his package was put together. While I would love similar things to be released honouring other drivers (Simonson, Brock, Earnhardt, Loeb, McRae, McNish, Brabham, Millen...) I don't know If it would have the heart of the Senna content.

I'd love nothing more than being proven wrong Kaz.

This isn't a bad question at all. I know that the more goodies that we heap on PD's To Do list would bog them down for decades, but it's not wrong to at least toss the notion out there for consideration. Especially if it nets us a few more cars and tracks. :D

Bruce McLaren: New Zealand motor racing legend, started the McLaren name in motor design, died while racing at Goodwood Circuit, June 2, 1970 at age 32.
Roland Ratzenberger: Austrian F1 driver, killed during qualifying for the San Marino Grand Prix at Imola, Italy on April 30, 1994, aged 33.

Allan Simonsen: Denmark, killed at Le Mans, June 22, 2013 during the 81st 24 hours of Le Mans, 2 weeks short of his 35th birthday.

Peter Brock: Aussie Legend!! Won the Bathurst race 9 times (in both the 500 mile and 1000km) and died after a road rally accident in a Daytona Coupe in Perth, WA, September 8th, 2006 at age 61.

With all due respect to the drivers mentioned, I'd prefer if the content was for the most famous/successful/influential drivers, not just drivers who died in motorsport accidents. Alan Simonen and Peter Brock have very little international fame outside of hardcore motorsport enthusiast circles, for instance.

Last edited:
The Senna content was truly special. Ayrton was loved in Japan and that is demonstrated with the way his package was put together. While I would love similar things to be released honouring other drivers (Simonson, Brock, Earnhardt, Loeb, McRae, McNish, Brabham, Millen...) I don't know If it would have the heart of the Senna content.

I'd love nothing more than being proven wrong Kaz.

I think of all of them, Earnhardt would likely be the closest as Kaz also was a huge fan of Earnhardt. Because there are no idiotic strict clauses with the NASCAR license like there is with F1, PD could probably due Earnhardt's whole career.

I think of all of them, Earnhardt would likely be the closest as Kaz also was a huge fan of Earnhardt. Because there are no idiotic strict clauses with the NASCAR license like there is with F1, PD could probably due Earnhardt's whole career.

I just looked at his career, and it appears he raced in the 80s, which is apparently the fastest era of NASCAR. Although I'm not a huge fan of NASCAR, I'd appreciate this not just because it'll teach me more about the sport, but also because it'll provide exciting and different cars. For people that aren't too familiar/interested in the driver, incredibly quick/thrilling/terrifying cars would always help, so drivers who were big in eras like the 60s or the 80s would probably be best.

Problem with Earnhardt, he didn't have much success outside of oval racing so outside of some vintage stock cars with only 3 tracks to run them on in terms of ovals, I'm not sure what else you'd get with an Earnhardt package. Maybe he could be rolled into a 70's-80's Vintage Nascar Pack with the likes of Richard Petty, Darryl Waltrip, Cale Yarborough, Bobby Allison and others.

Schumacher needs a DLC pack dedicated to his career, most definently. And I've got a good idea for the ultimate challenge...

THE DREAM CHALLENGE: SCHUMACHER VS. SENNA - A three race event pitting Schumacher against Senna in a ficticious rivalry. In the event, you drive Schumacher's Jordan-Ford 191 going up against Ayrton Senna's McLaren MP4/6 in three one on one races, one lap each. Of course, the rules are you can't have a collision of any kind with Senna's car, or you're disqualified. Basically, it's similiar to a Mission Race.

Race 1: Monza 80s
Race 2: Spa-Francorchamps (80s variant, with the Bus Stop)
Race 3: Monaco

Prize for winning all three races: Schumacher's Jordan-Ford 191

Prize for golding all three races: Senna's McLaren MP4/6

Last edited:
Race 1: Monza 80s
Race 2: Spa-Francorchamps (80s variant, with the Bus Stop)
Race 3: Monaco

Prize for winning all three races: Schumacher's Jordan-Ford 191

Prize for golding all three races: Senna's McLaren MP4/6
Do you realise how hard it is to get gold on every race for the most if the people, why don't you maybe take 2 wins for schumacher's car and 3 wins for Senna's car

Do you realise how hard it is to get gold on every race for the most if the people, why don't you maybe take 2 wins for schumacher's car and 3 wins for Senna's car
He proposed a mission race style. A win is just finishing in front of Senna's car, no matter the time.

I personally like the idea, but PD would have to get an F1 license for it. :(

Henri Toivonen

Henri Toivonen was a very talented young driver who held the title of the youngest driver to win a Rally world championship race for 28 years (1980-2008). It was believed he world be the next reigning champion of the rally - the super star of the era of the B-Group super cars. It was his fatal crash that ended the B-group super rally car era 1986. Later there was found indications that he might actually have died trying to save his co-driver. The Race Of Champions is held in his memory. One could say he did for rally what Senna did for F1 - they paid the ultimate price for the safety and common Sense in motorsports.

There is Many tributes for Henri, But here is an old documentary. The first half of the movie is more about the B-Group and the crash, the later is more of the money above all -attitudes and commercial forces in motorsport at that point. There is A Lot of Finnish, But i guess the subtitles in you tube work.

As of content. There could be the premium version of the Lancia s4, the Lancia 037, Talbot Sunbeam Lotus and simca 1000 rallye 2. Also A possible stage or track in the likes of 1986 Tour De Corse.

He proposed a mission race style. A win is just finishing in front of Senna's car, no matter the time.

I personally like the idea, but PD would have to get an F1 license for it. :(
Yeah it's a nice idea, but a lot of people find it hard to achieve gold in every race since PD lays the difficulty for gold very high which makes it hard to achieve gold

Back