Dear Mr. Yamauchi - A question about future legendary driver themed DLC content - Poll Added

Which legendary racecar drivers would you like to see honoured in future Gran Turismo DLC?

• Richard Petty

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Dale Earhardt

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • Jimmie Johnson

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Juan Manuel Fangio

Votes: 27 25.5%
  • Michael Schumacher

Votes: 59 55.7%
  • Mario Andretti

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • Jackie Stewart

Votes: 34 32.1%
  • A. J. Foyt

Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Gilles Villeneuve

• Tommi Makinen

• Sebastian Loeb

Votes: 30 28.3%
  • Alain Prost

Votes: 24 22.6%

• Total voters
James Hunt and Niki Lauda, good enough for a movie but not consideration for inclusion?
It'll be another set of great cars added to the game and also our avatars would be able to puke before each race.
'Could have sworn I posted this originally to this thread'

He proposed a mission race style. A win is just finishing in front of Senna's car, no matter the time.

I personally like the idea, but PD would have to get an F1 license for it. :(

That's why they've got time to do this for GT7!

I rarely gold the current seasonals, so I'm happy with it as is.

Now, if there were different levels of play,..... (shrug)

Yeah it's a nice idea, but a lot of people find it hard to achieve gold in every race since PD lays the difficulty for gold very high which makes it hard to achieve gold

I think Gold should be hard to achieve. The difficulty for gold could still be elevated, as long as they give the main price after achieving silver. I thing gold in a permanent race/trial (not seasonal) Should be very challenging and thus give more longevity to the game. Senna content was a step to right direction, as one got the main prizes with silver and just extra Cr. and "Senna Master" -trophy with gold. One possibility would be givin the car after silver and unlocking a special livery for it after achieving gold. That would nicely separate "men from boys" in online races.. :mischievous:👍 ("wow you have the special version :eek:")

For me, Legends with special DLC content and who aren't on the voting list include (In no particular order):

Stirling Moss - probably the greatest driver never to win the F1 crown - competed in over 1,000 races, often racing on a Sunday despite having missed the previous days practise due to other race commitments. Also he has a great relationship with Mercedes Benz and would probably be flattered. Iconic Moss cars - Mark Seven Jaguar Saloon, Mercedes 300 SLR Mille Miglia winner, Mercedes W196 F1 car, Vanwall F1 car, Classic Le mans cars.

Jim Clark - One of the smoothest and most naturally talented drivers of all time - the mechanics said they could tell which were his engines and gearboxes, because compared with other drivers they were hardly worn. Iconic Clark cars - Ford Fairlane 7 litre, Lotus Cortina, Lotus 25, Lotus 43 (H16 BRM Powered), Lotus Ford Indy Car - which ended the front engine era.

Jack Brabham - 3 times F1 Champion. The only driver to win the championship in his own make of Car (Repco Brabham) - that year (1966) he also won the F2 title in a car of his own make (Brabham Honda). Designed and raced numerous Sports and Formula cars.

Jim Hall - with Hap Sharp formed Chapparal - a great driver before his career ending accident and an innovator who introduced many developments to racing - not just ground effects, aerodynamics, wider tyres, but also systematic testing.

While I would love to see Earnhardt content, I really get the feeling that the way NASCAR is, there wouldn't be much fun to qualifying at Daytona or Indy, and some of his greatest moments, such as his Daytona victory, would need more than just one car of that era to justify the realism of it. Frankly I would not enjoy turning the final laps of the 500 with a 1999 Monte Carlo against a bunch of cars from 2013.

Colin McRae?

I know he had entire games devoted to him on PS1/2, but I think he rightly deserves such a place in GT.

Also, pretty sure we already have Mario Andretti DLC...
I'm thinking about DLC packs like the Senna packs. Various cars that the man in question drove or designed during his career. See this post for a couple of examples from Mario's career. He raced and won in Indy cars, F1, Nascar, World Championship Sports Cars, sprint cars, dirt oval cars and a lot more. His car pack would be sensational IMO.

Jackie Stewart's 006 Tyrrell *drool*
Really to get any of the 60's and/or 70s F1 machines into GT would be awesome so my number 1 vote is for Sir Jackie
dm_jackie_stewart_1973_fordmedia_mtrsptshist_330_HR.jpg

Jackie Stewart's 006 Tyrrell *drool*
Really to get any of the 60's and/or 70s F1 machines into GT would be awesome so my number 1 vote is for Sir Jackie
dm_jackie_stewart_1973_fordmedia_mtrsptshist_330_HR.jpg
And from early in his career:eek::eek::

1960-Cooper-T49-Monaco.jpg

Back