DebugMENU-PD decided to make me multimillionaire?(in game, of course AHAHA) Giant BUG involving $$$$

• Thread starter Sven_csm
  • 112 comments
I have the same problem but im not deleting my saved data cba grinding out all what ive already done i can use all modes including Daily race's but i dont get mileage points and prize money so im just going to carry on as normal and hope they fix it !!

I was tempted to do the same but after debating, I woke very early on Christmas Eve and reset.

Hope we have some sort of update coming for this. I still have the original data backed up on a USB.

As he's done literally nothing wrong, one hopes the PD police will be along to help him fix it, or at least roll back his save to a last-known good state.

This error came right after the 1.10 update for me. I was trying to do a race before going to work on Friday the 22nd.

Left it, came home in the evening and poof no sport mode.

Last edited:
I got this error today. Logged in and my normal credit amount of around 20 million has been replaced with 377 million. I cannot earn credits from races, and I cannot lower the credits (buying a car has no effect) same with mileage points. Just stuck and cannot earn more or spend any. This is ridiculous. I've put 91 hours into this game (may not be a lot for some people, but I work 6 days a week as a bloody boring accountant so when I get a few hours to play I really treasure it). No way am I resetting my save due to an error that is not my fault. If I can't progress, I just won't play anymore as no point. Also pointless selling/trading the game in as second hand prices are ridiculously low for a recent game. Starting to think GT Sport was destined to fail.

I got this error today. Logged in and my normal credit amount of around 20 million has been replaced with 377 million. I cannot earn credits from races, and I cannot lower the credits (buying a car has no effect) same with mileage points. Just stuck and cannot earn more or spend any. This is ridiculous. I've put 91 hours into this game (may not be a lot for some people, but I work 6 days a week as a bloody boring accountant so when I get a few hours to play I really treasure it). No way am I resetting my save due to an error that is not my fault. If I can't progress, I just won't play anymore as no point. Also pointless selling/trading the game in as second hand prices are ridiculously low for a recent game. Starting to think GT Sport was destined to fail.
I understand your frustration.
This is ridiculous.

I went ahead and restarted. Still grinding but not even close to where I was before.
I am weary of this happening to me again, so as soon as I boot up the game I check my credits to see if I am bugged out.

So far so good, day #15 of bugg free

Hoping a fix is close soon

I have a question.

Can people with this debug menu alter the accounts of other players, by giving or removing Exp, CR, MP, or DR/SR?

I wouldn’t accuse anybody here of doing that, but if it’s theoretically possible then it could become an issue.

How far along were in the game before this happened?
What level were at etc.

I'm at Level 33 and have logged in 56 days. My online progress is still saving and my experience points increase. The only problem is when I enter an arcade race I have to choose my ability level and controller settings each time and I have £388,000,000 + to spend.

Last edited:
Wow! Sorry to hear that. This is definitely the debug menu glitch.

I spoke to Sony rep yesterday about this issue. Unfortunately we are in limbo and at bay. The feedback was that their is not enough people affected by this and the information is with the developers.

I sent pics of the error, credit and debug menu to Sony.

Back up your current data on a USB and keep safe.
If there’s a fix in the future you can reinstall the data. Now to use the game back to normal state, you will have to start from the beginning.

Good luck.

Got the bug today, got the mileage and credits and ended up selecting "close debug menu" (or something) and now the menu is gone but I still have the credits and Mi.

Sport mode works fine and I'm earning xp and workout miles, so I'm struggling to see the drawback?

Got the bug today, got the mileage and credits and ended up selecting "close debug menu" (or something) and now the menu is gone but I still have the credits and Mi.

Sport mode works fine and I'm earning xp and workout miles, so I'm struggling to see the drawback?
Sports mode is working for you? Wow! interesting. How many mileage credits are you stuck on. I was on 2000 credits and could not purchase any cars.

So you are not seeing the error code:
E-8055A800?

Yes sport mode and FIA still working, no issues at all. Not sure if selecting close menu was what allowed me to keep racing?

Around 393 million credits and 70+k Mi, neither reduce when I spend them.

Had roughly 2 million Cr and 50k Mi beforehand.

"My menu" is still showing 17mil credits though so I suppose online doesn't sync up right?

Most important thing is I can still play as usual! The Extra CR/Mi doesn't really change anything as I had all the cars/exchange stuff I wanted beforehand.

Edit = no ongoing errors

How I got the bug : I Got a random CE error during a race that led to me restarting the PS4, which after restating left me with the bug. Only thing I had changed recently was to using ABS + CSA but I doubt that's related?

Last edited:
Yes sport mode and FIA still working, no issues at all. Not sure if selecting close menu was what allowed me to keep racing?

Around 393 million credits and 70+k Mi, neither reduce when I spend them.

Had roughly 2 million Cr and 50k Mi beforehand.

"My menu" is still showing 17mil credits though so I suppose online doesn't sync up right?

Most important thing is I can still play as usual! The Extra CR/Mi doesn't really change anything as I had all the cars/exchange stuff I wanted beforehand.

Edit = no ongoing errors

How I got the bug : I Got a random CE error during a race that led to me restarting the PS4, which after restating left me with the bug. Only thing I had changed recently was to using ABS + CSA but I doubt that's related?
Mine was exactly the same. Then suddenly my level progress and achievements stopped saving in My Menu. I still can't bring myself to start again.

Today, after the 1min practice in Sport Mode , I got an error code and the game crashed. I was a little scared, because I thought of this bug. After reporting the problem, I logged out of PS4, then I logged back in. I started the game and everything was fine.:)
I don't know if logging out and in of PS4 prevented the bug from happening, but if this happens again to someone, try this first and then let us know what happened.

Man, this makes me grumpy.

They make the game online only, presumably so there is more integrity in the save game (no hacking for limited edition cars or drive train swaps).

Then, the save game has no inegrity. Grip Bug... Debug Menu bug....

Oh, and no exclusive cars either, which was the whole point in the first place.

PD seems like a ship without a captain.

Hard from Sony in relation to my issue and tge think it's a corrupted game save. First they told me tge are aware of this issue and there is an update that fixes it. Was told v1.10 us the fix. Told them I'm already on that version and that's the version that caused my issue.
Sony will escalate it and look into it. Yeah, I'm sure.

It's obvious this is starting to affect quite a few people but only on GT Sport so it's their game/servers at fault but Polyphony Digital are a nightmare to get hold of. They create an online only save system, to please FIA but the system obviously doesn't work.

Mine was exactly the same. Then suddenly my level progress and achievements stopped saving in My Menu. I still can't bring myself to start again.
you are fortunate that you are still able to participate in (Sport mode/FIA Races). For me it was locked by the dubious error code (E-8055A800)

As an update to this I've ended up starting over. I thought I was okay because I was able to use sport mode etc and that was fine but none of my progress was being saved online anymore, so even though I reached level 40 in game with 400 sport mode races, loads of wins/poles etc, online I was still level 37 with fewer wins/poles plus the bug stopped me getting new trophys, achievements etc which made playing it a little boring.
Couldn't deal with that so I started again!

I feel the pain. This is going on for too long now.
New cars coming hopefully a patch for this ting to correct all issues.

Hard from Sony in relation to my issue and tge think it's a corrupted game save. First they told me tge are aware of this issue and there is an update that fixes it. Was told v1.10 us the fix. Told them I'm already on that version and that's the version that caused my issue.
Sony will escalate it and look into it. Yeah, I'm sure.

It's obvious this is starting to affect quite a few people but only on GT Sport so it's their game/servers at fault but Polyphony Digital are a nightmare to get hold of. They create an online only save system, to please FIA but the system obviously doesn't work.
Spoke to Sony on December 27th 2017. Did a follow up today. Still no word or any news to help those with this bug.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never tried backing up my game saves on the PS4 to a USB drive yet. I guess I will have to do that soon.

Jerome

This debug menu issue happen to me as well
I didnt touch any settings in that menu
What happen to me is
- all my scapes photo is gone
- all my saved replay is gone
But the scapes photo and replay which I did share is still here
-I got extra 390 millions
-My levels ,Dr ,Sr is still the same
-I cannot join the sport mode
- NO miles earn after race
And I didnt hv a backup save

Just out of idle curiosity, did anyone affected by the Debug Menu issue also use the pitlane glitch to boost credits and XP?

This debug menu issue happen to me as well
I didnt touch any settings in that menu
What happen to me is
- all my scapes photo is gone
- all my saved replay is gone
But the scapes photo and replay which I did share is still here
-I got extra 390 millions
-My levels ,Dr ,Sr is still the same
-I cannot join the sport mode
- NO miles earn after race
And I didnt hv a backup save
A backup save daily is the only way to go, if something ever happens like this Debug again.

It really frustrates me why players don't backup their save, and just rely on the in game save is just :crazy:.

Last edited:
Just out of idle curiosity, did anyone affected by the Debug Menu issue also use the pitlane glitch to boost credits and XP?

I didn't. To be honest I did attempt to do it last night in a custom race - I wanted some extra Cr for the new cars :) - but I couldn't make it work

@sparky89 said in the other thread that he is playing since christmas.. wasn't that glitch fixed before christmas?

I did the glitch to get to 50, but I don't have the debug-bug (yet?).

Jerome

Back