DebugMENU-PD decided to make me multimillionaire?(in game, of course AHAHA) Giant BUG involving $$$$

• Thread starter Sven_csm
  • 112 comments
Hey OP, your save file is corrupt. You will be unable to make any progress statistic wise. Trophies, miles accumulated, wins, etc.

Someone on Reddit had to start over.

But one question is: If his data went corrupt, then how can he use the Debug Menu in the first place? I thought they would add in a layer of protection against that in some ways. It seems to be a major game breaking bug to me that allows you to have access to dev content by accident.

This is cool! I love seeing interesting bugs, especially debug menus.
I wonder how to intentionally recreate it.......... 💡:rolleyes:

Hey OP, your save file is corrupt. You will be unable to make any progress statistic wise. Trophies, miles accumulated, wins, etc.

Someone on Reddit had to start over.

OMG Really ? I noticed my miles points dont go up anymore,

So WTF ? Now what should I expect ? I mean I already had all the ****ing cars before this happens, Ive done nothing regardless to make it happen also, so I hope they will fix this and have my account back...

At the beginnig it was funny but not anymore,
I really would like to have my account back to normality.

Really ? Start over again ? I would never accept that, I havent asked for anything,
Why this F Debug Menu bug (thats not my fault) should make me start over, losing all my data ?

I will not accept that.

But one question is: If his data went corrupt, then how can he use the Debug Menu in the first place? I thought they would add in a layer of protection against that in some ways. It seems to be a major game breaking bug to me that allows you to have access to dev content by accident.

You've misunderstood what's happening. PD has made a mistake somewhere in the code and people are having the game crash; and in some cases the debug menu appear. In my case, I can see but can't click it. It just crashes the game. It seems to me if your game crashes from bugging out, there is a chance for it to corrupt your save file. You should not be able to access the debug menu. It's a bug that made its way out to the public. You can still play the game, but you are stuck in a state of no progress. The game caps at 20 million credits. Anything over, like the OP, your save has been corrupted.

OMG Really ? I noticed my miles points dont go up anymore,

So WTF ? Now what should I expect ? I mean I already had all the ****ing cars before this happens, Ive done nothing regardless to make it happen also, so I hope they will fix this and have my account back...

At the beginnig it was funny but not anymore,
I really would like to have my account back to normality.

Really ? Start over again ? I would never accept that, I havent asked for anything,
Why this F Debug Menu bug (thats not my fault) should make me start over, losing all my data ?

I will not accept that.

There is nothing you can do at the moment. Sadly. You will need to wait for PD to fix the game. If they can fix your saved progress that would be great. But I'm not sure they can. It might be possible since your save is online as well. GT5 had a similar bug that broke game saves. I was victim of it and had to start over.

You've misunderstood what's happening. PD has made a mistake somewhere in the code and people are having the game crash; and in some cases the debug menu appear. In my case, I can see but can't click it. It just crashes the game. It seems to me if your game crashes from bugging out, there is a chance for it to corrupt your save file. You should not be able to access the debug menu. It's a bug that made its way out to the public. You can still play the game, but you are stuck in a state of no progress. The game caps at 20 million credits. Anything over, like the OP, your save has been corrupted.

There is nothing you can do at the moment. Sadly. You will need to wait for PD to fix the game. If they can fix your saved progress that would be great. But I'm not sure they can. It might be possible since your save is online as well. GT5 had a similar bug that broke game saves. I was victim of it and had to start over.

Thank you so much for this precise information.

Just as info, my game doesnt crash at all, everything seems to be normal (Daily KM, daily gift)

I really hope my account will not be lost, they cant just take from you all this hours of playing just like that, I dont think its legit. knowing the problem coming from them and not from me (I mean i didnt tried to cheat or forced anything)

Last edited:
Are you still able to access the debug menu after the last update?

Absolutely yes, unfortunatly nothing has changed and im fed up of this situation.

Funny fact is after all this time with my bugged account,
I of course went to see in the debug menu and clicked on every single part to see what will happen,

After that I discovered the inventory unlock unlocked for me all the paints jobs, and rims of the game... LOL

Paints are amazing (there changing color paints, nice to know)

Ive them all at the moment, a video is coming guys (1h max)
keep in touch because only you can help me solving this,

Thanks everyone.

I've got access to this same menu and am able to adjust credits, mileage points and driver exp. All parts of the menu seem accessible, you can choose various sound effects and I unlocked all the rims and paint chips too.

Haven't tried unlock game modes or dev synthetic viewer project.

Have any of you tried to restore your save from the cloud save on PS+?

That may resolve your issues in terms of not being able to progress.

*insert bigjb21 reference here*
Btw, will the December patch that includes 12 cars and GT League fix this bug too?

Absolutely yes, unfortunatly nothing has changed and im fed up of this situation.

Funny fact is after all this time with my bugged account,
I of course went to see in the debug menu and clicked on every single part to see what will happen,

After that I discovered the inventory unlock unlocked for me all the paints jobs, and rims of the game... LOL

Paints are amazing (there changing color paints, nice to know)

Ive them all at the moment, a video is coming guys (1h max)
keep in touch because only you can help me solving this,

Thanks everyone.

Are there OZ Superforgiata Centrelock wheels?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1C0UCvkuRQGLYLbq4juu494m12_If39ii

Here you have it guys, hope you like it.

I took this very quick because i was on a hurry, I hope it will be enough for you guys to see the content.
I was in a big hurry because my PS4 (with the bugged account) is in my office, and this last week ive been out of my city all the time.
so i had just 5 minutes to do it.
Now im traveling again for work and thats the reason of the hurry and bad quality,
but dont worry, im coming back on monday.
If you want a better video, with all the content in details, dont hesitate to ask. If not, let me know also, so I will dont waste my time doing it, there TOO MANY colours.

I am in the exact same situation except I cannot sign into Sport mode. I am getting error code e-8055a800. Sony has no record of this error and I have tried everything short of re initializing my ps4. Though, it appears to be a in game error as I am able to access everything on my second account.

Really ticks me off that there is no way to reach the dev to actually help with the situation.

Wow this is big. Good find.

This is similar to Turn 10's mistake with FH3 that gamers are getting the debug/dev environment from the latest update.

Just a reminder, even the menu is English dont attempt to push the Reset Online SaveData.

I also curious what if I set the Online SaveData busy rate to lowest setting. In 1.08 update I noticed the game always popping the online save icon on bottom right of the screen, very often and annoying.
======
EDIT: I wasnt looking at page 2 of this thread and saw the save data corruption.

When it is corrupt you either need to start over or bug PD to restore your save data prior to access to debug menu.

Actually I knew something wrong happened with 1.08 update! In my case, constant "online save" icon and accessing online content are incredibly slow for me via the game. Sometimes does not load at all. PD needs to be warned about this to avoid more data corruption.

Yesterday i noticed the same bug as u guys describe here.
i to have de debug menu and lots of money.
i receve no miles anymore :(

I hope this get fixt soon.

Last edited:
I am I the only one who noticed the horn and wiper function before you change any controls Then once you change it to x & square or r2 & l2 you can’t choose either of them

This makes me happy X)
Because it is forcing us to save online.
There is a chance the save data could be currupted due to certain cases ( like what i imagine is : online momentum disconnection which currupts the save data )
While there should be a backup save data in case this happens by USB or cloud but it will allow cheating, but still - i prefer offline save data & separated online save data for online gaming for us - to enjoy the game offline & processed rather than forcing us online.

Last edited:
ss3
I am I the only one who noticed the horn and wiper function before you change any controls Then once you change it to x & square or r2 & l2 you can’t choose either of them
No you are not. With T300 RS I can actually turn on the wipers.

@Sven_csm while you're still able to access this, could you make a list of all the Rims and Paints available in Mileage Exchange? I'm trying to compile a list of them here (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/list-of-mileage-exchange-items.371816/) and would greatly appreciate your help 👍

Hope your save situation gets sorted out soon though. This is one of the issues with online only saves. Once it's nuked, you're left at the mercy of the developers whether they can restore it or not.

I just started with this issue after the latest patch update. Spent a few hours with Sony, they have no idea, stating that this is the first time the came across this issue. Quoted by Jose the supervisor who tried to help.

Currently I have 393 million and cannot go into the daily race in sport mode. All other facets of the game works.
Here goes 300 hours of time, liveries, scapes all gone.
Error code is; E-8055A800.

5800 kms in one day? :odd:

Nice found,
Just have seen it now, yesterday I was too tired to see it.

I really dont know from where it comes, I know yesterday I made close to 2000km, but no 5000, closely impossible.

But I mean... if other data has been corrupted, I understand this can be crazy as well too. Nothin new about the Debug Menu ? Has anyone have had this problem ?

Stil dont know whats happening, im going to launch the game and see the situation.

Looks like not many players affected ?

Edit. Until now everything seems the same than in the video, nothing change,
Still have all the money and the Debug Menu.[/QUOTE]
I have that issue too. Plus the error code!
I can’t get into Sport and do the daily races with this error.

Attachments

• 0A635D90-4A65-4769-928F-C003D5670385.jpeg
    0A635D90-4A65-4769-928F-C003D5670385.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 6CFAD68D-61FC-42B7-89FD-CC4BDACA6C7C.jpeg
    6CFAD68D-61FC-42B7-89FD-CC4BDACA6C7C.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 21
It's my turn to be affect by this ... thing

171230065805667893.png

I got an error after a daily race (i can't remember the number though) and saw the famous mode after game restarted.

I chose the second option in the upper left but it did nothing. Good thing is i still can play all modes but my progression is stuck. I may should have choose to "reset online savedata"?

Sorry to hear this issue is still in the game and Sony is not making head way into this matter. Unfortunately is just a few of us are effected by it sems like but not enough to cause a fix by a game update.

I had to start over the game with level 0
Still grinding to catch up to my previous level 34.

I spoke to Sony last a Wednesday and what I got was a nonchalant response “that the engineers are looking into it”.

At least you can you use all modes of the game. For me I got the error when entering the daily races.

I have the same problem but im not deleting my saved data cba grinding out all what ive already done i can use all modes including Daily race's but i dont get mileage points and prize money so im just going to carry on as normal and hope they fix it !!

Back