Decent Wheel to Purchase?

  • Thread starter Thread starter andy0a
  • 20 comments
  • 1,354 views
Messages
733
United States
Stanton, California
Messages
aphan111
Hey GTPlanet, I was borrowing my friends G27 racing wheel setup for a while and I truly enjoyed it. After returning it to him, I figured I should buy one as it was an incredibly deep and immersive setup with the game.

I enjoyed the G27, but I wanted to know your opinions on a good setup to buy? I would most likely buy it used on Ebay for 200-300$ or even less (150$?!), but without the stand, so I'm probably gonna be finding random household furniture to place it in.

Having a clutch or no clutch isn't super significant to me though.
 
You can buy a new G27 for just over $200.

I wouldn't buy a used one unless it was around $125 and then only if it's in great condition.

I wouldn't suggest anything less than a g27, and if you buy something nicer be prepared to pay $600 or more.
 
@iamsupernasty where can you buy it for 200$? I've looked and Ebay listed those as like 600$ for new G27s so I was a little bit putoff on buying anything new.
 
I'm looking into a wheel myself. I was looking at the Fanatec Porsche wheel. I really want a great wireless wheel but no one makes a good one. I hate wires lol. Oh well. The Fanatec will probably be the one I choose. I like it over the G27.
 
I got my most recent g27, with a Playseat WRC, off Craigslist for $400, delivered to my house. Needed a $40 encoder wheel, but I'm still playing for less than the Playseat would've cost new.

The fanatec is great, I won't even try and change your mind on that one because you'll be happy with it, but you get a bit more bang for your buck with the G27 (feature wise).
 
Hey GTPlanet, I was borrowing my friends G27 racing wheel setup for a while and I truly enjoyed it. After returning it to him, I figured I should buy one as it was an incredibly deep and immersive setup with the game.

Even the DFGT will give you this. I love it.
 
You can find g27's on amazon for less than $250. Add an additional $80 if u get an ultimate racing stand to go with it. well worth the money.
 
Hmmm, the you listed Fanatec and Club Sport, do those come together? Or is it a separate package, 259$ for the whole set seems to be a good bargain, pretty much G27 range.

Though that G27 alignment does seem scary,but to me its more or less an isolated issue, since thrashing about in any racing wheel has a chance of knocking some screws and wires loose.

Right now its between the DFGT, the Fanatec, or the G27. All tempting, regarding the pedals, does anyone know about the pedals that come with the wheels, if they are any good? As in, they have some resistance to it, like a real car, or if they feel like arcade pedals, where stepping on a pedal is like stepping on light marshmallow.
 
I have DFGT and its a lot of fun at a decent price.
 
I wouldn't buy any thing without clutch and shifter
 
^ The Fanatec gear I linked to above comes with a clutch and both h-shifter and sequential shifter for $259 total (plus shipping). Unfortunately clutch and h-shifter are rather useless in GT, it's kinda fun for a little bit but usually very frustrating and considerably slower than using paddle shifters.
 
I would recommend the G27. Got one myself and love it.
 
I love my G25 it's absolutely awesome. I have done my own brake mod and it feels great. I have 2 both from eBay.

Previously I had a DFGT for about 4 weeks. It was a very good wheel and it was on par with my G25 except for the paddles but the pedals were not good. The brake was poor but now there are quite a few ideas on the net for making the feel better.

There are also ideas to improve the paddles.

I have mine on a wheelstand pro. It is an awesome set up. However I am not that much quicker with the G25 than I was with the DFGT.

I am equally SLOW with both, before anyone else says it. ;) :)
 
If you don't care about the clutch, I'd just get a DFGT. I've owned one for the past three years and it has performed flawlessly. And at ~$130 retail, it costs half the price (roughly) of the G27 or the entry-level fanatec.
 
I am currently using the Driving Force GT, and for $99, it is a good little wheel. Not as good as the G27 by any means, but for me, the force feedback and steering feel very, very good for the price. If you are in the market for something more expensive, go for it, but if you aren't, take a look at it.
 
The DFGT, a budget wheel that gives you great immersion into GT.
 
Dfgt is a good solid wheel if you are okay without the clutch. A used g25 can be a great option too. I have both and have also had a driving force, and driving force pro. At a minimum get a driving force pro, but I would suggest getting a dfgt or higher, unless finding the pro for under $40 or so.
 
Back