GTP_WRS'ers and their setups

Energizerrr

(Banned)
Seeing as we have GTP_WRS'ers and their rides in here - why not this too, right?

Post your cockpit/stand/rig/setup in here.

Here's mine:

2nlz0v5.jpg

GT3 RS with ClubSport Pedals, 2.1 sound system and a 32" Samsung on a home-built rig with Renault Clio's seat.
Cables are due to be sorted out.

So, get posting then!

E

Are you still selling these Timo? How about the new one? (Any ETA on that? ;))

My jury-rigged rig:

picture.php

GT3RS (now with Clubsports not the G25 pedals) bolted to a rickety wood and chipboard home-made end-table thing wedged under the front of my PC desk. Swivelling office chair on coasters with coaster cups to stop it rolling around while I'm driving. :P

I use my PC monitor and speakers - Samsung 23" LCD and Altec Lansing 2.1 system.

Here's mine:

simrig2.jpg

• Obutto Ozone
  • T500 RS Wheel and Pedals
  • One laptop on the keyboard stand so I can have :gtplanet: up at all times
  • One laptop on the rack connected to a Haupage DVR so I can capture and stream
  • Tritton AX Pro Headphone and mic
  • Server grade UPS to keep it up and running in the case of a power spike. :sly:
  • Not shown: Advanced router which allows a full time NAT 1 connection dedicated to the PS3

Amazing work Timpaqq, I'm following your thread - great job so far (amazing 3D stuff).

Cheers mate, slowly getting there..

Are you still selling these Timo? How about the new one? (Any ETA on that? ;))

I have 2 still to spare (that could go half free).. And sure will be just the same with the new one too.

Nice rigs all 👍 and WRP, that's some heavy machinery there on the rack :lol:

Cheap, simple and most important...foldable :)

picture.php

With cable running from my HD PVR behind the tv to my laptop.
Modem (white) right next to PS3.

picture.php

My daughter is learning already :)

profilepic181849_3.gif

2011-12-01000955.jpg

My NIXIM modded G27 on a wheelstandpro. Behind the tree you can see the box for the T500RS my wife bought for me and making me wait until Christmas to use. It's hard to stare at it and not be able to use it. COSTCO has a deal T500 bundled with TH8RS for $550.

TV is a 55" Panasonic GT30. GT5 in 3D is a sight to behold.

Great idea, Jevrem, and that's a sweet setup you have there. 👍

The rest look great too! :cheers: I'll put my embarrassing setup here soon...the living room version, not my bedroom version (I move back and forth, it's not that I have two setups :lol:)

Seeing as we have GTP_WRS'ers and their rides in here - why not this too, right?

Post your cockpit/stand/rig/setup in here.

Here's mine:

2nlz0v5.jpg

GT3 RS with ClubSport Pedals, 2.1 sound system and a 32" Samsung on a home-built rig with Renault Clio's seat.
Cables are due to be sorted out.

So, get posting then!

E

Nice set up:tup:

Interesting to see your TV looks pretty much the same as mine apart from size. Mine is a 37" but would like to know if you have any recommendations for a sound system, like you said the sound is not the best, the options menu on my TV doesn't seem to do a great deal either.

Nice set up:tup:

Interesting to see your TV looks pretty much the same as mine apart from size. Mine is a 37" but would like to know if you have any recommendations for a sound system, like you said the sound is not the best, the options menu on my TV doesn't seem to do a great deal either.

Thanks.
I have Blueberry 2.1 which I got in 2007 and they've been serving me really well untill the amp died, so I'm waiting for a fix.
The sound's really great and for the price I paid (30 euros) you can't go any better and of course it beats TV's speakers (which I'm using now since amp died).

I'd advise you to go for a quality 2.1, a good 2.1 always beats an average 5.1 system, and having in mind that the average price of a good 5.1 is roughly £200 it's hardly a good deal (unless you want a full surround).

Thanks.
I have Blueberry 2.1 which I got in 2007 and they've been serving me really well untill the amp died, so I'm waiting for a fix.
The sound's really great and for the price I paid (30 euros) you can't go any better and of course it beats TV's speakers (which I'm using now since amp died).

I'd advise you to go for a quality 2.1, a good 2.1 always beats an average 5.1 system, and having in mind that the average price of a good 5.1 is roughly £200 it's hardly a good deal (unless you want a full surround).

Cheers I will look into it and see what I can find. The sound is terrible at the moment so i'm using my turtle beach headset which sounds better:tup:

I've just had my wheelstandpro arrive, so have 'sort of' rigged that up, though the pedals aren't compatible with it in any way, as far as I can see. So for the time being, they are sat atop it - but fortunately, the rubbery circular things that surround the tubing are so tactile that it doesn't slip - it also sits nicely up against the bit at the back which acts as a bat-stop, so it's ok for now :)

6447761487_86752f78ba_z.jpg

6447761099_e0120ec881_z.jpg

6447761743_fb0d4242de_z.jpg

Got this chair a few years back....I have a footstool for it when playing other games like Skyrim.

Still using trusty old 6yr old Samsung Series 1 LCD, 32" - could do with a new one and a wallmount, but it's still going strong.

PS3 not in this room cos it doesn't work with the TV! In the lounge I have my PS3, hence my reduced level of WRS'ing recently. I have an Onkyo 2.1 system in there which is AWESOME. I recommend it very much, it's about £250

Last edited:
I've just had my wheelstandpro arrive, so have 'sort of' rigged that up, though the pedals aren't compatible with it in any way, as far as I can see. So for the time being, they are sat atop it - but fortunately, the rubbery circular things that surround the tubing are so tactile that it doesn't slip - it also sits nicely up against the bit at the back which acts as a bat-stop, so it's ok for now :)

6447761487_86752f78ba_z.jpg

6447761099_e0120ec881_z.jpg

6447761743_fb0d4242de_z.jpg

Got this chair a few years back....I have a footstool for it when playing other like Skyrim.

Still using trusty old 6yr old Samsung Series 1 LCD, 32" - could do with a new one and a wallmount, but it's still going strong.

not in this room cos it doesn't work with the TV! In the lounge I have my PS3, hence my reduced level of WRS'ing recently. I have an Onkyo 2.1 system in there which is AWESOME. I recommend it very much, it's about £250

As you know I have pretty much the same setup as you, only difference being I went with the CSR elite pedals. My pedals are just resting on my WSP as well as I felt no need to bolt them down, but there is a fair bit of difference in wait between the pedal sets.

The pedals and the fact of the rubbers on either side certainly prevent any movement. I may find a way of hard mounting them in the future though:tup:

12-18-2011GTP_Remo01.jpg

My rig, built from scrap steel and wood.
12-18-2011GTP_Remo02.jpg

12-18-2011GTP_Remo03.jpg

12-18-2011GTP_Remo06.jpg

The video and sound , Mitsubishi 60" DLP HDTV , Denon AVR-591 , PS3 , 4 Polk Audio Monitor 60 Floor Standing Speakers (2 for front and 2 for surround) , 1 Polk Audio CS10 Center Speaker , Polk Audio PSW505 subwoofer.
12-18-2011GTP_Remo05.jpg

12-18-2011GTP_Remo04.jpg

There is some sweet set-ups here that's for sure and I'm envious of the big screen action. Big TV's in our house are reserved for others though, and it doesn't make sense for me to get set-up once those screens are available as it would just eat into precious driving time, so I need a permanent home.

And here it is...in the garage (apologies for the poor quality 'phone shots)! Fortunately, it's summer at the moment, but I'll need to find an alternative solution when it starts getting cold. Key parts of the 'rig' are a 24" Acer monitor with little onboard speakers, and my Ikea bucket seat :lol:

At least no one can disturb you there. My wife likes to stand between me and the screen on record setting D1 quality laps.:sly: I've always had to move my setup after each session, wasn't so much of a problem with the WSP but now with the playseat it is enough of a hassle where a few times I've said I'm too tired to go through all that just to play for an hour. I will post pics of my new setup once I get the shifter mount.

Kangaroos, Dingos and Tazmanian Devils will really ruin a good lap I bet, lol. I assume there are no other animals in Australia.:scared: I just have to worry about a stray beagle jumping on my lap.

Spiders and the odd mouse (we live next to a field) are more than enough for me to worry about.

Beagle's can be vicious - why do you think the Queen has them as guard dogs :lol:

EDIT: forgot to point out that the white thing under the TV to the right of the picture has beer in it 👍

And here comes Beau with his Ghetto Rig!!

rig1.jpg

rig2.jpg

rig3.jpg

Built from an old SunBeam Gas Grill square tube frame, scrap plywood/2x6 laying around my property, about $20 worth of nuts/bolts/washers and slotted angle iron. TV was an early christmas present from my father in law (used). The seat is the passenger side unit from my 1986 Toyota MR2.

It's not pretty, and it sure isn't light, nor is it portable, but it does the trick!

Here's my setup.

Newly purchased VR3 rig with GT2 and Clubsport pedals.

Much better than my previous setup which was the Rennsport stand, sitting in a LazyBoy in the living room.

Had to purchase the Momo seat because the original was to small for me. I could barely wedge my large behind in the stock seat.

The Rennsport is now used for a keyboard stand, overkill I know. But it stays put, and isn't collecting dust in the closet.

The second monitor is a 3D screen which is shown displaying telemetry data from iRacing. When I want to run GT5 or my PC sims in 3D, I move the monitor and tripod over the front of the rig.

There's four Buttkicker units mounted to the rig. One large unit under the rear of the seat, and two mini's mounted under the front of the seat on each side. The fourth unit is mounted under the pedal plate. This thing really rocks when driving a big block V8. The rear and front units are running off the LFE output from the Marantz AVR, and then to the Buttkicker amp. The two side units are running off the left and right pre-amp outs, to an active low-pass crossover unit at 250hz, and powered by a separate stereo amp. When you run over a rubble strip on the left, the left side of the seat shakes, and vice versa for the right.

The main monitor is a 50" Panasonic 720p monitor. This was my main TV screen before I updated to a 1080p TV some years ago.

The iPad is streaming hud data from iRacing. If your a PC sim racer, there's several cool and cheap apps you can use, this one happens to be iHUD.

The speakers are a mix and match of old stuff I had stuffed away after upgrading my main home theater setup. The left and right channels are Bose cubes. The center channel is a ZVox unit, and the subwoofer I stole from my PC speakers. The surround speakers are actually a speaker bar from my Pioneer Kuru TV which I wasn't using. It mounted up like it was made for the Panasonic.

I plan on upgrading to the Fanatec Clubsport wheel when it comes out in a few months. The Forza version is getting rave reviews.

The manual shifter is the new Thrustmaster TH8 RS, which is a blast to use when running vintage cars. Not shown in these pictures is an interface unit which allows me to use the shifter with GT5 and Forza, or any console sim that supports it.

I'm pretty happy with this setup, just wish it could make me drive faster.:)

Vision Racer also sells a DBox motion kit for this rig that I might add in the future. Although it's very expensive, so I'm not sure if that's going to happen.

ps- If anyone has the need for the original Vision Racer seat, send me a PM.
I'll sell it for a good price.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Nice set up there Blair 👍

How much did this all set you back? Added together with the CSW when it releases doesn't look cheap :crazy:

Edit:

As for you saying the CSR E wheel is getting mixed reviews the latest firmware was released last night for it and so far there is nothing but praise (firmware 721b). It's only beta firmware but sounds very promising, I just hope they give the regular CSR the same love as Thomas did mention that similar firmware would be coming for the CSR and other Porsche wheels.

Noticing that you have a multi-platform GT2 though, it would take a brave person to choose the CSR E over the CSW as you obviously have no need for the wheel being multi-platform.

Last edited:
Nice set up there Blair 👍

How much did this all set you back? Added together with the CSW when it releases doesn't look cheap :crazy:

Thanks Plato.

Your right, it isn't exactly a cheap setup.

Since I'm not racing bikes anymore, this is my new hobby. It's still cheaper and a lot safer. No more broken bones for me.:)

Guess this is what happens when you get old, and retired. Too much time to spend money on toys.

EDIT: Concerning the new Clubsport wheel, I was on the fence whether to buy the new CSR Elite now, or wait for the CSW with the quick release wheels. The CSW won't work on the XBox, but honestly I don't use it that much anyway. Forza 4 didn't live up to the hype in my opinion. When I do want to use it, I'll have to mount the GT2 wheel. Not exactly plug and play, But I can live with it.

Last edited:
Back