Delay for Pink Floyd "Pulse" DVDMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter slackbladder
  • 23 comments
  • 1,363 views
Messages
1,499
United Kingdom
Darkest Kent....
Messages
Slackbladder
Messages
DarkSideDaMoon
Ahh...
For those who didn't know. There's a slight delay for the DVD's release. It's scheculed for 20/12/05 in the US and Canada and 12/12/05 for the UK and Europe.
There's a link here.
 
my dad likes the floyd, but i doubt he'll get the dvd
 
Bad news. The DVD won't be released until the 16th January now, possibly later in some countries. :guilty:
Brain Damage.com
 
There goes my chrismas gift... :(

I just hope this is the last delay.
 
Amazon.com
Availability: This title will be released on January 1, 2010. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.
Tell me it's not true!
 
Shortage of batteries for the blinking led I guess :p Will have to buy this when it's out, best show I've ever been to.
 
I hope no one has been holding their breath! The most recent release date is 18th September this year. www.brain-damage.co.uk
I wonder if there's going to be a HD relese?
 
Good news indeed, just one more month of waiting! 👍
 
A must have for sure! Thanks for the update. I missed my chance to catch them in concert at the Mile High stadium in Denver, CO. What a shame to have missed that show.

:cheers:
 
If they delayed this a bit longer they could just skip the DVD version and release a Blu-Ray one already. :lol:
 
Could'nt say if there is a Blu-ray or HD-DVD version on the horizon. Probably not. More likely to see "The Wall" motion picture on Blu-ray in the near future...perhaps. Still, if "Pulse" sells (and it will) I'd expect it to get a release on a HD format within the next 2 years or sooner.
Anyway, 10th July can't come too soon. It's been too long since I had my amp up to 11!
 
Just to say...
PULSE DVD is out. I have had it since last Saturday (official launch was yesterday).
It sounds brilliant. Without doubt the best sounding live DVD I have ever heard. Choice between 480kbps or 640kbps 5.1.
Picture quality is not brilliant as it comes from 12 year old video tape but it's agreeable for the most part.
Highlights...too many to mention but I guess Comfortably Numb is up there as is Run Like Hell. But the whole thing has to be seen.
It was a great show I fondly remember.
Play it LOUD!...
 
Yeah, I almost pre-ordered it last week but I'm trying to save some money. Maybe I'll ask it as a birthday gift, if I can control myself until there that is. :D
 
Pink_the_Floyd
Not that much fun to listen right now...
Shine On does have more poignancy when you watch the show now. It's the first track they play. It's a shame Astronomy Domine wasn't included on the DVD (which is on the Pulse CD) as that's one of my favourites.
 
Did " Momentary Lapse of Reason " ever make DVD ? It is one of my all time favorite concert films.
 
Picked it up today, Havent had time to watch it though, Will wait till tomorrow after work.
 
ledhed
Did " Momentary Lapse of Reason " ever make DVD ? It is one of my all time favorite concert films.
That would be "The Delicate Sound of Thunder" around 1988/9. It was released on video (I have it) but no news on a DVD release. There are rumours that the gig they did in Venice (1989?) may make it to DVD but again unlikely. There's also a rumour that re-edited footage of "The Wall" concert recorded around 1981 has been seen by Roger Waters (the gig was originally filmed to be included in the motion picture version of "The Wall"). But it's all rumour. Nothing substantial.
 
Back