demo physics discussion

• Thread starter BLACK86
  • 550 comments
Same here :sly: I found this out after playing Prologue last night :crazy: :lol: It's amazing how much more I enjoy the realistic physics of the demo TT compared to Prologue.

Now it doesn't seem like I'll have much to play until GT5 comes out :(

+1
Can't go back to Prologue after playing the TT. You just feel so much more connected to the car and the road, you can feel the limit much better than in Prologue, where IMO the car seems to always be too "flat" and drive on ice.

+1
Can't go back to Prologue after playing the TT. You just feel so much more connected to the car and the road, you can feel the limit much better than in Prologue, where IMO the car seems to always be too "flat" and drive on ice.

While this is true and actually racing using the new physics during the UK final was a spectacular experience, I spent most of yesterday racing 550PP Integras at Fuji with Hyperspeed, Stotty, Duke of Pendle and a couple of KOR guys were around too...it was still addictive as hell. Yes the physics are inferior clearly, but racing good drivers will never be dull.

:cheers:

All the best
Maz

One quick comment...

After getting some passenger laps with Lucas in the GT4 350Z round Brands, I can say that the way the tuned version handles in the demo feels very, very similar to the real thing... well, as much as it can without the G forces that you miss in the game (thank god... don't think my neck could take it!).

Running slicks on a dry, yet cold track (I doubt track temperatures were much more than 3-4*c), the real car feels like it has zero roll and an incredible amount of grip. It turns in so nicely, with a bit of understeer mid corner and a lovely neutral balance on the way out.

If there is a difference, it's that the in game version handles the kerbs differently - either jumping if they are high or oversteering if you get on the gas whilst on them. In the real car Lucas was absolutely hammering the kerbs without any problems at all.

We all still want the closest to RL, but running around with drivers you trust is always a great time.
On a level playing field, drivers with knowledge and ability will still enjoy GT online no matter what the differences are to real life. 👍

Basically I agree with your comment Maz.

I don't think any Race Sim has perfect everything but I do think GT5 can make you a better driver and even racer in real life where as Forza3 with it's fun but forgiving physics would just teach you bad habits that may even impede you when it comes time to do it for real.

Just a quick question from someone who missed the Time Trial, what were the differences from Prologue to TT? I'm mainly interested in physics and sounds, cheers.

better force feedback, a lot sharper
and more snappy driving feeling and steering, feels more true to life
More complex physics, just feels like more things are simulated. Low speed physics probably the best so far in any GT game. Better suspension movement and weight transfer
better and more complex sounds - much nicer Doppler effect

see vids for sounds 👍
Black tuned car had transmission whine, and sounds a lot different.
Big difference in handling between the 2 cars, more so than what you feel in GT5:P

[YOUTUBEHD]j8V2lyJ27Vg[/YOUTUBEHD]

[YOUTUBEHD]5XvksBfIG8k[/YOUTUBEHD]

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the videos, I can see a few subtle things just in the replay. Speaking of replays, I think Polyphony has perfected it, watching the tuned 370z lap above was breathtakingly realistic

One thing I tried in the Time Trial, was traveling down a straight at decent speed and then pulling the hand brake. The car instantly flies out of control and spins out etc
Tried this in GT5:P and nothing happens at all, as long as your pointed straight!
Obviously the physics are much different

Also doing salom type sweeping runs doesn't seem upset the car all that much in GT5:P, but it sure does in the Time Trial

you guys are noticing how easy it is to countersteer for a few reasons. First and foremost the tuned 370 is tuned incredably well, making it very predictable and balanced handling, secondly the tires are r1 so they are quite responsive, thirdly the physics seem more natural and familiar (maybe from driving my FC). I am loving the new physics, it is rediculously fun to drift :)

I posted a drift video on youtube-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx61KTDuX9E

-Hop u guys know how hard it is:dopey:

Last edited:
Back