Despite all the negatives....I still love the game.

Greece
Athens
AIexKidd
Just booting up the game today again.

It took about 44 seconds to load (I have removed the intro) and it throws me in this extremely beautiful, clean, professional and polished menu and it welcomes me with X-Mas music. Now, GT5 did that as well, but it just hits me everytime....

I've been sitting here browsing the internet and listening to this music for more than 30 mins now. Apart from this, there are a bunch of little things in GT that, at the end of the day, they make up for the shortcomings.

So, I ask you...what is that one thing that redeems GT in your eyes? For me it's the little things like the Photo Mode, the tuning, the menus, the general interface and the fact that it's one of the very few games fully translated in my language.

Let's share some positive thoughts :gtpflag:

The physics, the tracks, the promise of many large updates with new features and the ability to finally add a wing to the 67 Cougar :)

I also find myself listening to the menu music for several minutes at a time often but then i use custom BGM and have added several songs that I both like very much and haven't listened to for a good while.

It has this...something.

I have played a bunch of different racing games from completely different big studios that try to make this semi-sim feel...GT always had that "something". The very unique interface, the plethora of events (more so in the older games), the vast amount of cars (which slowly improves...) and all this under a beautiful menu music which I simply cannot swap for something better.

GT has its shortcomings but I can never hate the game. It's like a dog. I know it's not the smartest animal in the world, but when he looks at me while flailing his tail, I cannot help but love it.

Agreed with the thread title.

Despite the game's problems ( at this time ), which many have pointed out and it's difficult to argue many of them, i find this a much nicer drive than GT5, which i thought was great ( on the track ) anyway. I am moving through the game very slowly, due to time restraints of work/life etc... so am only on the 3rd set of career races ( National A or something ? LOL ). Yes, i did the 20 million credit glitch once, to buy the 8 or 9 cars i loved from GT5, but to be honest, i'm happy driving races in Clios and Fits at this moment, rather than maxing out race cars to the highest PP allowed to slam the AI opposition. The menu is absolutely fine for my preferences and the graphics are great, tho i am running the game in 720, sadly as the frame rates on some tracks are a bit disappointing. That said, i love a lot the things the graphics do. Lighting gives such a huge sense of atmosphere, especially at dusk/twilight.

The update to the credits system, plus the 5 day log-in % bonus helps a lot too.

Looking forward most to the track editor next :)

Almost like i am waiting for features like that to be unlocked, so i always have something to come back for. Yes, i know it should have been in from the start, but here we are. Can do nothing about that, so i won't complain.

So yea, despite it's many flaws ( when did the series NOT have many flaws? ) i still love Gran Turismo 6.

Please don't say we're part of the problem by being content with an unfinished game, because do you really think they give a damn about what any of us think ? It's their game, not ours. And consumer ideas and feedback, might be great ideas on paper, but maybe not so much when it comes to coding and paying for these ideas. There's a million things i would want, that would improve GT6 for me, but complaining about it to no one in particular on the internet won't get them implemented, no matter how good they might be. The dev team, will do what they do regardless.

Not sure how to feel about the xmas music, but was a surprise at least.

To me Gran Turismo is just about loving cars. Many reviews has said that GT adores them to the max and I can agree with that. Play, for example Live For Speed. You get really realistic physics, handling and intense as **** racing. But you don't really think about the cars, you just drive them. In GT most of the time I don't really care about racing. I just wanna take a nice looking car to the track and drive around, maybe take a few pics with the photomode and generally just enjoy that car I bought and modded to fit myself. I don't care if the singleplayer races are about starting from last place and overtaking half of the field in the first corner, getting that car you like to the finishing line while powersliding the last few corners while others are 20 seconds behind you, that feels equally good in GT6 than finishing first in LFS after a close battle that ended with top 4 finishing within 2 seconds.

/cheesy post

Please don't say we're part of the problem by being content with an unfinished game, because do you really think they give a damn about what any of us think ? It's their game, not ours. And consumer ideas and feedback, might be great ideas on paper, but maybe not so much when it comes to coding and paying for these ideas. There's a million things i would want, that would improve GT6 for me, but complaining about it to no one in particular on the internet won't get them implemented, no matter how good they might be. The dev team, will do what they do regardless.

To a degree, they should care what we think. Because who do they get their profit from? Us, the consumers. It's ultimately up to them to decide which feedback use, but not listening to the people who buy your games is not a good move, especially if there are notable issues and flaws, which GT6 does have.

Last edited:
Me too. Then I come a across something like a Mission Race where my Ferrari Dino comes up against a 458. Well thanks PD I love being shunted off the track on every corner and every straight he can catch up and ram me and I lose because we touched cars:/

Yea thankfully the 458 hit me on the backside on the finish straight hard I got jolted forward by 30mph and got gold.

I love the game too, but I'm looking forward for future updates. I'm all about the sounds and it's disappointing that I'm finding more and more cars with an incorrect sound. Today I purchased the Diablo and the Countach 25th Anniversary and these three have a completely random sample in all exhaust systems. Which means less cars for me to enjoy. The old Countach sounds great though. So I'm driving the heck out of that car. Other cars that I can confirm have a wrong sample is the Veyron (again), the old Viper GTS and some others.

Other than the sounds, the wheel width glitch is annoying me as well. Can't put wheels in most of my cars. Let's add to that the different physics bug in Test Run and Time Trial.

Other than that, I can say that I'm enjoying the game very much. The Career mode is superb and I haven't repeated a race not a single time. And still I have lots of money and around 50 of my favorite cars.

Physics are incredible. I hope that PD doesn't decide to change them.

Graphics are great. Some cars have low res interiors, but it's not a problem.

Overall, I'm enjoying this game as much as any other Gran Turismo. But I'm still expecting more updates that fix the sounds.

Taking all kinds of cars up the Goodwood hill climb.

The Aston Martin One-77

These are two of the highlights for me amongst many more but they stand out.

GT6 is simply what i expected GT5 to be with the added bonus of amazing additions to the track list!!

I love the special events and updates that are added to GT games, the top gear test track with DC in GT5 for example was very unique!!
The game is always being updated with new events and i always feel like i have a reason to go back to the game with constant updates.

I'm loving the game and am really looking forward to all the Vision GT cars and whatever the senna event will bring in may!!

GT6 is a game with so many frustrating features and decisions by PD, yet as you progress through it and learn to live with the frustrations you love it and you start to discover its jewels and reap the rewards, it's alot better than GT5 and the fact that it will still grow is something to look forward too.

There are many things in GT6 that are bad or simply just missing, like the (lack of) customization, duped cars, PS2-quality standards, boring AI, bad sounds and the lack of many iconic cars (M3 E30, Golf MK2/3 etc), but it's something about it that makes me love it.

The genuine love for cars, wether it's a Honda Jazz or a Viper, the improved physics (every car i've tried has been fun to drive, unlike what it felt like in GT5), the classy menus and presentation, the photo mode, and simply the whole atmosphere.

And the fact that PD keeps their attention on and are updating their current game, rather than spewing out half-hearted games every year, makes me feel appreciated by the developer. Looking forward to all the updates, considering the content they've already added in the short time since launch.

I love GT6.

It's a Gran Turismo game. It's hard to hate the game that's considered by many to be the grandfather of the racing sim genre. :)
I love GT6.

In all honesty, I refuse to be at all disappointed with it for at least the first three months. Bugs are a fact of life and they're getting fixed. Sure it would have been nice to have some version of everything [that they said would be available] from the beginning but the game is still there and it can still be enjoyed. If the majority of expected issues are still present after 3 months, I might be a little disappointed, but certainly not until then.

What are those negatives? I mean I don't know if you can expect much more given the fact it runs on a 7 years old hardware.

What are those negatives?

It's still buggy, the custom wheel glitch on cars with staggered fitments being a major one. But there are others as well. And we haven't gotten all of the features such as B-Spec and Course Creator.

That ear to ear grin when you realize that PD had simulated something you weren't expecting. I know cars wheels hop when you run over bumpy surfaces but I was blasting around Matterhorn and was heading up that fast uphill which ends in quick right hander but you had to brake before reaching the crest. Music to ears was hearing my tires chirping as they were clawing at the road for grip as the suspension was lurching forward lightening the rear end so the tires were hopping under braking going up hill. Mind you I was on ABS 1, yes tires still lock even at that setting unlike GT5 no lock magic.

Have lots to love but still can't shake the whole, come on man you know that sound doesn't go there and omg would you stop overemphasizing tire sounds...case and point Veyron license test at launch you can hear the exact same unadulterated tire squeal in the cabin as you would hear from the roof cam...:indiff:. Tire sounds are important but bloody hell that is just outright ridiculous it drowns out the engine and exhaust note.

What makes me want to play this game is how actually fun it is.

All these fun cars and tracks, connected with these impressive physics, these stunning visuals... Hell, the fact that I'm playing a Gran Turismo game alone makes this game AWESOME.

Here's a good tip if you don't know if you feel like playing this game or not:

Choose a low level championship, preferably something with hot hatches.
Keep advancing to higher competitions, this had me playing for at least 3 hours straight.

Only one game was near to GT6 in giving me joy in terms of sheer pleasure of driving.
Don't laught when you highlight that: Euro Truck Simulator 2

Back