Despite all the negatives....I still love the game.

Yeah I am loving GT6 also. I have Forza 5 on the Xbox one and both GT6 and Forza5 are great games but both have their differences and things I like and dislike.

It has this...something.

I have played a bunch of different racing games from completely different big studios that try to make this semi-sim feel...GT always had that "something". The very unique interface, the plethora of events (more so in the older games), the vast amount of cars (which slowly improves...) and all this under a beautiful menu music which I simply cannot swap for something better.

GT has its shortcomings but I can never hate the game. It's like a dog. I know it's not the smartest animal in the world, but when he looks at me while flailing his tail, I cannot help but love it.
I think I know what you mean, it's like a kind of authenticity not found in other games.

When I run the ring it feels like its the ring, like a real place in a game... Other games feel like a representation of a place... In GT everything is where it should be...

I am also having a great time with GT6. So much so that I've had a PS4 in my basement for the past week and haven't even opened the box yet.

I love the progression. No more finishing up a series of races and realizing I have to run them over and over again because I'm not the right level for the next race.

I love the new physics. Cars feel different and the tires losing grip feels awesome.

I love the new menu and organization of the game. Everything is easy to find, easy to get to and loads pretty fast.

When I finish a play session with GT6 I'm happy. I think about the cars I used, the events I raced and some of the trophies I'd earned. In contrast when I used to finish up a session in GT5 it felt like work and I'd think, "OK, just have to run that race 4,734 more times to make it to level 38!" I'm having a lot more fun now.

At first, I was put off by the usual GT problems. But as usual I grew to overlook these problems and now this game is taking up at least 70% of my time with the ps3. I think this GT game will age much better than GT5. In fact I tried going back to GT5 and it just feels...incomplete, underwhelming. Like it was a painting that was rushed.

Having a blast with GT6. Its like GT4 all over again in terms of variety and overall fun factor :)
i... i wouldn't say "GT4 all over again", sure its got variety, but not on the same level as GT4, there are no one-make races, and prize cars are in short supply :(

oh GT4 how i loved you so.

The new physics are, in my opinion as a DFGT user, fantastic. I feel a lot more immersed in the experience than I did in GT5. Along with that, I love the motion blur sensation at speed. I know a lot of people are not fans of this, but again, it adds to the feeling of immersion I feel.

Definite improvement over GT5.

It's the realistic drag racing, believe it or not try this your self, stock muscle car drag racing pre 1980s is pretty realistic! The Chevelle owns all! I have respect for that, Forza was way off.... ask me how i know.

Last edited:
Tid-bits here and there and the promises pending,,, it's just good old gt... and a total lack of raw sound and proper engine grunt but never the less it's gt and there's something about gt. Always has been.

Tid-bits here and there and the promises pending,,, it's just good old gt... and a total lack of raw sound and proper engine grunt but never the less it's gt and there's something about gt. Always has been.
Honestly it does have some good sounds stock on the chevy muscle cars, really it's realistic on that front. But once i start adding transmission and exhaust i get a supra hiss. I'm going to tell you right now if pd can sort out them sounds to be bang on we would have a game that never aged.LoL it's that good

GT hate is like COD hate despite everything the core of these games is just perfect yes there are some stuff that need to be upgraded/fixed but still compared to other games GT6 is a full package, i have a PS4 but since GT6 release i rarely use it

To a degree, they should care what we think. Because who do they get their profit from? Us, the consumers. It's ultimately up to them to decide to which feedback use, but not listening to the people who buy your games is not a good move, especially if there are notable issues and flaws, which GT6 does have.

being a business, GT developers care about what potential costumers think about their product
but not just as a business; i believe PD "loves" GT. so as i, that am a fan of the brand GT, they must be exited about making it better and one smart exellent way to do that is listenning to GT fans suggestions. not as demands but care for the brand! PD makes GT great in some areas and disapointing in others.

we're trying to call their(PD) attention on a poll(do you want a race creator for career mode?). not as a demand but as care for the brand.votes are now on 85 yes, since everybody in this thread loves GT ...

thanks

Back