Destroy All Humans

New Zealand
dunedin NZ
Godzilla_GTR
Godzilla_GTR
has anyboy else been following this game?it looks really fun and has nice visuals.looks more like a renter than a buyer tho

Yea this looks like an entertaining game, what with all the 50s alien movie touches. I agree that it is probably more of a renter than a buyer.

I might buy when it gets cheap though.

Pretty much the biggest thread bump I've seen here, but curious gameplay vids have started cropping up earlier today and some articles during the past few weeks. It seems that Destroy all Humans remastered for the PS4 is available.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...mans/cid=UP4389-CUSA05232_00-SLUS209450000001

I wouldn't expect massive graphical improvements but the game was a lot of fun and apparently the ratings board have classed the sequel for PS4 also.

EDIT: it may still not be fully available, as it got put up on PSN early - we'll see, eh?

Yup, it's definitely available. Currently £15 on the UK PSN - going to be getting this next week!

Last edited:
Destroy all Humans 2 has been remastered also (quite a while ago now.) Set in the 70s this time, for anyone who didn't know. It's also a far bigger game.

I'd also forgotten the comment early on "...that the Russians were invited in." How familiar that sounds.

Who couldn't like this sandbox game? You can do what you want and read peoples minds, it's a PS2 Classic in my mind, I haven't beaten a Destroy All Humans game, but the first one is my favorite. The formula was spot on, no game has done this at the time and deserves to be in a top 100 list.

Haven't checked out the Remastered yet. Played Destroy all Humans quite frequently when I was younger. And honestly, it would be great if this series got a spiritual successor.

Got both games a while ago, only recently got the chance to start playing them again. It's good to hear old Cryptosporidium and Orthopox again *great how the aliens are all named after diseases.)

A remaster from two generations ago, so the graphics won't be that exciting. I can forsee taking a few amusing screen shots though.
Destroy All Humans!_20170217102349.png
Destroy All Humans!_20170217102431.png

I've only played DAH2, but I recall insert Infinite Health gameshark codes because I enjoy games like this a lot less if I have to be concerned about my health gauge all the time. :lol:

Yeah I really don't enjoy being shot at in video games.

But having to read minds to find directions was a nice feat of the game. It was appropriate to have to do this since you play as a character who's new to the land and has no idea where things are.

Ah, I forgot these were remastered and now available. One of my favourite PS2-era franchises, though I heard it pulled a Crash Bandicoot and became far less accomplished when it moved to the next generation of consoles.

Going to have to pick them up at some point soon...

Pardon the double post...

As if they read my mind, the people in charge of sales over at Sony have kicked off a PS2-on-PS4 sale this week, with both DAH1 and DAH2 getting 40% discounts. 👍

Finally managed to get around playing the PS4 ports. And I realize how archaic the first game plays compared to the second one. Pandemic really nailed the formula with the second one i think, but I'll keep playing the first one anyways. Also noticed they added trophy support, which is a nice touch.
But I have noticed some graphical oddities. Like when you get the newspaper screen, the background flashes rapidly. Not good for epileptic players.. and sometimes the HUD flashes rapidly. And even though the game looks quite good when upscaled, something about it doesn't look right.. Guess I am too used to the breathtaking visuals of Horizon zero dawn.

I looked around if there was even a possibility of a series reboot, and apparently Nordic Games / THQ Nordic currently owns the IP since 2013. Then three years later, here we have PS4 ports of 1 and 2.

Would be even better if Path of the Furon was ported, but the ps3 version apparently had "development issues" in NA but was still released in australia and europe. in addition path of the furon wasn't developed by Pandemic (whom sadly was hit by the EA hammer not long after The Saboteur came out..). the studio that made path of the furon, Sandblast games, is actually an internal studio for THQ. this studio made one another game before path of the furon called evil dead: regeneration. shortly after path of the furon, the studio was closed down by THQ. Interestingly the studio closed a month before Path of the Furon came out, which was Dec 1 2008. I suppose the game was already finished by the time THQ closed them? Either way it kinda explains the "development issues" with the NA version. But I wonder if it's a bad idea to port this game to the ps4, in spite of a somewhat stagnated ps3 release. Perhaps it could be added in the PS Now programme? I guess only THQ Nordic will have to decide that.

Yeah, I think 3 fell a bit flat as you rightly pointed out there were issues with some game play elements. The humour also wasn't really as good as with 2 despite having Crypto inhabiting the body of Jack Nicholson at the start.

Interesting historical follow up there, thanks.

Dangit, the first game is just way too clunky! It's no wonder why I don't remember this game as much as the second one. Too many gameplay quirks that make completing objectives too infuriating. Think I'll just move on to the second game...

Back