Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

• Thread starter andrea
  • 49 comments
i7-4790k/GTX970/16GB. What did the trick for me is lowering/disabling MSAA. The FXAA + temporal AA is good enough (for me), and the MSAA has a large performance hit in this game (I think it's just plain supersampling, so like DSR it's rendering twice the pixels if you select x2). If I turn it on, it drops to 45 FPS. Even feels pretty smooth at that rate since it's very stable, but I like to have it locked at 60FPS. Put all the other settings at high BTW. Might be able to raise some to very high or ultra, but haven't really tried yet, too busy with playing. :D

There is FXAA in this game? I don't see that option... The Temporal AA is pretty solid, though. Can barely see jaggies or shimmering, but it does blur the image more than FXAA. Luckily they provided a Sharpening option but it seems the sharpening strength is a little strong, as there's some halo around some finer edges. Think I'll bring this up with Nixxes and see if they can add strength percentage, like what The Division has.

Very High and Ultra have nearly negligible visual changes to my eyes, but the performance hit is pretty high. I'd still check them out though.

I'm disappointed that Prague is the only city hub in the game but still looking forward to picking up my copy

In some ways I kinda miss the "black-and-gold" color tone Human Revolution had. But in instances Mankind Divided reminisces in that sort of art style.

Nope, no FXAA, misread from my part. Still have to optimize the settings, but looks good enough already IMO. 👍

So, if I knock an enemy out cold and then another enemy lobs a grenade in and kills him, does that count as a kill for me? (Hoping not, since I'm going non-lethal this playthrough).

So, if I knock an enemy out cold and then another enemy lobs a grenade in and kills him, does that count as a kill for me? (Hoping not, since I'm going non-lethal this playthrough).

I don't think it should since someone else killed him. Wish you could check how many kills you've done in a Stat menu, if it does count.

I'm going non-lethal this playthrough).

On the first one ?? :scared:

kgface_medium.gif

I butcher my way throu :lol: maybe on the second one, the non lethal approch...

Well, when I say 'non-lethal', it means that's what I intend to do. It doesn't mean I always succeed. :P But so far, I'm doing pretty ok, hardly killed anyone. :P

Typical. I spend months waiting to get this on day one and I end up having to leave home early Tuesday morning to work in south Wales for 4 days. I don't even have the upcoming Bank Holiday Monday off for an extra full day of Deus Exing. :indiff:

Not gonna bother waiting until tomorrow to get a physical steel case copy. I'm making the most of this weekend with the standard download starting as soon as I get home tonight.

Last edited:
Well, when I say 'non-lethal', it means that's what I intend to do. It doesn't mean I always succeed. :P But so far, I'm doing pretty ok, hardly killed anyone. :P

Yeah, I think I'm doing okay on my non-lethal run. Though I feel it's only getting started.

I'm thinking that this game maxed out will kill my VRAM... 780 Ti's are still pretty great, but the 3GB VRAM is definitely starting to become an issue these days.

Hopefully going forward, games start taking advantage of DX12's explicit multiadapter feature so that they'll be able to utilize the RAM of both my cards...

I'm thinking that this game maxed out will kill my VRAM... 780 Ti's are still pretty great, but the 3GB VRAM is definitely starting to become an issue these days.

Hopefully going forward, games start taking advantage of DX12's explicit multiadapter feature so that they'll be able to utilize the RAM of both my cards...

index.php

I also tried maxing out the game, and it consumes just about the amount where 1440p ends up in that graph.

I don't think it should since someone else killed him. Wish you could check how many kills you've done in a Stat menu, if it does count.
Got my pacifist trophy. As long as you don't make the kills yourself, it's good. Hacked turrets do not count towards your personal kills either. :D

Got my pacifist trophy. As long as you don't make the kills yourself, it's good. Hacked turrets do not count towards your personal kills either. :D

So the same applies when switching on an electrical box that kills a guy dumb enough to walk into the shock zone?

Wish you could check how many kills you've done in a Stat menu, if it does count.

The Xbox dash menu logs and compares stats with those of your friends, such as total kills and the number of non-leathal takedowns. All of my (mostly accidental) kills* occurred before reloading a previous save but they're forever logged regardless.

*A part of me thinks I've left a few corpses behind without realising and I won't find out until I've finished.

So the same applies when switching on an electrical box that kills a guy dumb enough to walk into the shock zone?
I would think so as I set a turret to friendly fire that shot and killed multiple enemies and the game was ok with it. :D

I feel like after playing more than an hour or so, the game starts to make a massive hit in performance. The most obvious one is opening/closing menu and Adam's OS which takes like 5 seconds compared to instantaneous. The game starts to stutter like crazy as well, especially in crowded areas. Restarting the game solves everything. GTX 1070/6600k set up at 1440p.

I feel like after playing more than an hour or so, the game starts to make a massive hit in performance. The most obvious one is opening/closing menu and Adam's OS which takes like 5 seconds compared to instantaneous. The game starts to stutter like crazy as well, especially in crowded areas. Restarting the game solves everything. GTX 1070/6600k set up at 1440p.

Hmm I have the same specs as you do (I have a 4690k) and I don't have much issues. Though i haven't played in a while. Think I'll check back on this.

I just bought and started playing this yesterday because it was cheap on Amazon but I'm having a job getting into it as I seem to be spending far more time watching stupidly long cut scenes than I do actually playing, did they think they were making a movie instead of a video game ?
Could somebody please tell me that it gets better, with more time actually using the controller rather than just sitting staring at the screen.

The nice thing about having a huge back log of games still not played on Steam is that I get to play many games a year or two after release. The big advantages of this are that a) I have most likely updated my hardware in the meantime, meaning that performance is excellent and b) all patches have been released and bugs/glitches fixed.

I'm not sure if anyone of you still have this installed, but I was pretty impressed by the state that this game is in now.

The antialiasing here has got to be the best I've seen in any game to date. There is simply no aliasing at all which is brilliant. And the graphics are razor sharp. Textures are amazing too, you can see the threads that make up the cloth fabrics, and leather looks very much as leather. There are also some very nice reflections going on. I know it had a lot of issues at release, but now almost two years later it looks and plays fantastic, at least on my rather high-end graphics card.

The attention to detail is also amazing. I remember when I first stepped into the TF29 headquarters - that's the first time in a long time my jaw has dropped. Not just the amount of things going on; people talking all over the place, checking computers and walking around, and the amount of office clutter – but also the level design; lots of glass windows/doors, a big square room with two stories and buzzing activity in the middle of the room, oh and actually walking seamlessly into that building (and indeed all buildings) with no interior loading. Really alive and immersive. And the impressive antialiasing and sharp graphics just added to that.

The gameplay though is the most important thing and it's even better (IMO) than Human Revolution, which I loved. The remote hacking is my favorite so far – it adds a lot to the gameplay mechanics. The AI is good too and comparable to Dishonored 2 I think. The customization of weapons is also really fun to play around with. Also, the side-missions – not the main missions – is where I seem to be spending most of my time. Some of them are really deep and offer lots of play time.

There are of course the obvious logical flaws that come with gameplay of this nature. Such as man-sized air ducts leading from maintenance areas straight into "secured" offices inside what is supposed to be one of the most secure banks in the world (Palisade). :lol:. But as a huge Half-Life fan I am most definitely in favour of air ducts in games. We need more games with air ducts!

The nice thing about having a huge back log of games still not played on Steam is that I get to play many games a year or two after release. The big advantages of this are that a) I have most likely updated my hardware in the meantime, meaning that performance is excellent and b) all patches have been released and bugs/glitches fixed.

I'm not sure if anyone of you still have this installed, but I was pretty impressed by the state that this game is in now.

The antialiasing here has got to be the best I've seen in any game to date. There is simply no aliasing at all which is brilliant. And the graphics are razor sharp. Textures are amazing too, you can see the threads that make up the cloth fabrics, and leather looks very much as leather. There are also some very nice reflections going on. I know it had a lot of issues at release, but now almost two years later it looks and plays fantastic, at least on my rather high-end graphics card.

The attention to detail is also amazing. I remember when I first stepped into the TF29 headquarters - that's the first time in a long time my jaw has dropped. Not just the amount of things going on; people talking all over the place, checking computers and walking around, and the amount of office clutter – but also the level design; lots of glass windows/doors, a big square room with two stories and buzzing activity in the middle of the room, oh and actually walking seamlessly into that building (and indeed all buildings) with no interior loading. Really alive and immersive. And the impressive antialiasing and sharp graphics just added to that.

The gameplay though is the most important thing and it's even better (IMO) than Human Revolution, which I loved. The remote hacking is my favorite so far – it adds a lot to the gameplay mechanics. The AI is good too and comparable to Dishonored 2 I think. The customization of weapons is also really fun to play around with. Also, the side-missions – not the main missions – is where I seem to be spending most of my time. Some of them are really deep and offer lots of play time.

There are of course the obvious logical flaws that come with gameplay of this nature. Such as man-sized air ducts leading from maintenance areas straight into "secured" offices inside what is supposed to be one of the most secure banks in the world (Palisade). :lol:. But as a huge Half-Life fan I am most definitely in favour of air ducts in games. We need more games with air ducts!

Im back playing thru it now a little more.
Just got the remote hacking, true it adds lot of tactical gameplay options still.

I love this type of game, one of my fav ever.
Kind of a tactical stealth espionage, plus futuristic, cyberpunk.

Only thing is, it's a little clunky for how fast enemies can be on you, and get you killed, on give me deus ex difficulty at least.

And augs use up energy so fast, you barely can use them it seems. By the time you try figure out your next move when the action gets on, you don't have energy for them, and enemies got you.

You really need use stealth, as soon as you get 1 enemy, if any other one noticed it, you're screwed lol.
It would need either a rtwpause or turnbased mechanic, for a tactical gameplay style, or be more free flowing for action, i dont know.

Im trying, might try lower difficulty, ill get more energy resources probably, and more time to react before getting put down.

Hope for sequels still, and other games like it.
Feels like a deeper splinter cell a little.
Did play all previous games by the way, enjoyed it.

On std ps4 it could run a little smoother.
Edit: too bad cyberpunk 2070 seems to be a disappointment, could have been a modern, immersive stealth, tactical action sim type game, with even more rpg choices.

Forgot to say, i was trying messing around in the city itself, with the security, testing out the gameplay.
Your weapons feel pretty weak lol, and they get to you fast, oh well.

**edit: game is on sale 9$ canadian now on psn for ps4, deluxe ed. Includes dlcs, pretty damn good. If any interested and didn't get it yet.

I've adjusted to the game now more, it had been a while.. pretty cool.

Last edited:
Back