Development on the Original Assetto Corsa is Finished

Their take on consoles weren't the best with lacklustre graphics and most content behind a paywall and not such a good gaming experience if you don't have a wheel and also that other games had more content and better graphics.So they should rather stick to PCs

Kind of sucks. Would've enjoyed to see more official tracks. That part of the game lacks a bit and mods often are not of the same quality. Except for like 2 great quality that I've found.

So it looks like the remaining bugs are here to stay then...

:(

Mates and I have enjoyed it on PS4, a great experience (wheels etc). But were looking forward to more tracks and add-ons. I was about to be full righteous indignation till I read that they've been working on the game (albeit mostly PC) for the past 7 years.

Not sure how I feel about the next version if it even makes it to console...

The console port can be blamed for some things, but the core gameplay raised the bar for sim driving on consoles. Too bad more cars and tracks won't make it, but the depth of what's already there is something I'll most likely treasure for years to come.

VBR
So it looks like the remaining bugs are here to stay then...

:(

It was in the cards for a while, but all the broken liveries simply have to be fixed. There's no excuse for those to stay.

Assetto Corsa has been around, and I seem a bit late getting in on it. Better late than never, though, right? I am still fairly impressed with AC. Remember that my PC doesn't meet all of the requirements and such, so I don't know the full experience of AC. I still am enjoying the experience as much as I can. So maybe Kunos Simulazioni feels AC is fully complete and that you can't make it better outside of what the modding community can do.

Since development has been finalized, I think if you ware contemplating getting Assetto Corsa or not, I say get it, at least the PC version. It's a fine game.

“Development on the Original Assetto Corsa is Finished“
That may be, but enjoying Assetto Corsa is far from over and with so many new cars, tracks and apps available from an army of modder, AC is still getting better and better.
We have among many others, a new DRM mod on its way.
Every week we have new cars and tracks and that is not near being finished.
Have you checked one of the latest addition to AC?
larry_chen_speedhunters_liberty_walk_lamborghini_aventador-1-1200x800.jpg

Their take on consoles weren't the best with lacklustre graphics and most content behind a paywall and not such a good gaming experience if you don't have a wheel and also that other games had more content and better graphics.So they should rather stick to PCs
Your opinion. Thankfully they wont stick to PC based on your opinion because there are many who don't share your view. It's the best racing game on console ever for me. Not perfect but no other racing game has given me more ( most of the content being behind a pay wall is nonsense too). Oh and that's with a controller not a wheel.

Last edited:
Well, kind of sad to see official development end, especially as Competizione looks to have such limited content (and thus won't interest me much) . Mods are great of course, and there are many games that are kept alive for years (or decades) with mods, but one never knows exactly how long a game will live once official support ends.

Your opinion. Thankfully they wont stick to PC based on your opinion because there are many who don't share your view. It's the best racing game on console ever for me. Not perfect but no other racing game has given me more ( most of the content being behind a pay wall is nonsense too). Oh and that's with a controller not a wheel.
Have also done most of my sim racing on my PS4. AC is the best for lapping and accuracy of tracks. It would be a crying shame if AC competizione does not come to PS4 and I think Kuni would face a lot of hate from fans, maybe rightly so

It is a shame that some people think so little of the console version. No game puts a smile on my face when I leave the pits more than this game. When the audio roars through my headphones I know that I have found gaming heaven.

I am so thankful that Xbox got this amazing sim and I hope to play more from Kunos in the future.

it may be the best racing sim for console, but the problem for me is that is was lacking the "game" part. I just couldn't find any motivation to do anything in there.

Might have been nice if they'd finished it all before actually releasing it. Even now it seems too rough round the edges on both the PC and PS4 counts, both of which I have. And the amount of DLC you have to pay for to get the lot is biblical. Oh and the physics and camera angles aren't of the greatest quality either.

This is a good thing.

It means we're moving forward with day/night transistions, weather and proper leaderboards.

Kunos is a passionate developer, the proof lies in what they achieved with an initial team of only 5.
The mod community filled in the holes, be happy fellas our hobby is moving forward quickly.

I'll drop some cinema from Dan's racing... Good stuff!

It seems that not many people like the choice of Kunos, getting the Blancpain license. People are already complaining about the limited content. Although I'm not a fan of GT3 cars but having much less cars in one game, makes it less diffucult for Kunos to get each and every car exactly right as their real counterpart.
iRacing on the other hand has a lot of content but the iRacing team is much bigger and they have a constant money flow (subscriptions).

BTW, I didn't make this up, Lord Kunos himself said so in an interview, except for that iRacing part.

It seems that not many people like the choice of Kunos, getting the Blancpain license. People are already complaining about the limited content. Although I'm not a fan of GT3 cars but having much less cars in one game, makes it less diffucult for Kunos to get each and every car exactly right as their real counterpart.
iRacing on the other hand has a lot of content but the iRacing team is much bigger and they have a constant money flow (subscriptions).

BTW, I didn't make this up, Lord Kunos himself said so in an interview, except for that iRacing part.
You have to take the complaining with a huge grain of salt. Like a salt mine sized grain of salt:ouch:. As with all games the hardcore few of us have the most to say and get the most attention. It's the more casual masses that games live or die by. Look at all the complaining in the GTS forums and all the people that skipped the game yet it's closing in on 5 million units sold in less than 6 months. Put another way, I can guarantee you that if they decided to make AC2 instead and was basically the same as AC1 but on the UE4 engine with more features, you'd have a very vocal minority complaining that they wanted a more focused racing sim instead of another Gran Turismo/Forza sandbox style of game.

In either case it's the silent casual majority that the game will find its success with...or not. We hardcore gamers who focus on the minutae simply rinse and repeat the same arguments and concerns and move from game to game:sly:

I'm proper pissed off their next game hasn't been confirmed for consoles. Maybe they're just thinking folk on PS4 already have GT Sport so let's not compete.

I think Assetto Corsa is the best racing game available for consoles for pure driving feel & if they only nailed the online side GT Sport would quickly lose most of its appeal.

Graphics aren't everything. Physics are more important.

I'm proper pissed off their next game hasn't been confirmed for consoles. Maybe they're just thinking folk on PS4 already have GT Sport so let's not compete.

Or because it's their first time with an all new graphics engine and that they're not yet entirely sure what they can and can't achieve with it yet. They've apparently learned not to make promises they're not 100% positive they can keep.

Or because it's their first time with an all new graphics engine and that they're not yet entirely sure what they can and can't achieve with it yet. They've apparently learned not to make promises they're not 100% positive they can keep.

That's fair enough!

Thanks KUNOS, it is an amazing SIM game, the very first one on consoles. It makes me feel excited every time Im going out from Pits! and it draws a smile on my face when I drive hard enough and your SIM physics do what they should do. What I really wish you could achieve is the impact physics between cars (I mind, those little normal impacts during a gentle racing session), may be by a model that simulates the elasticity - plasticy behavior of materials of each car, not visually if you understand what I mind. This would take your SIM to a great new level. I enjoyed and still enjoy your game with my private community, thanks for that (I own PS4 version and PC version).

“Development on the Original Assetto Corsa is Finished“
That may be, but enjoying Assetto Corsa is far from over and with so many new cars, tracks and apps available from an army of modder, AC is still getting better and better.
We have among many others, a new DRM mod on its way.
Every week we have new cars and tracks and that is not near being finished.
Have you checked one of the latest addition to AC?
larry_chen_speedhunters_liberty_walk_lamborghini_aventador-1-1200x800.jpg
I agree 100 % with you. I think AC will live long time on PC It"s simply the best racing sim you can get. I switched from ps4 2 months ago on PC version cause i didn"t know this game can run on allmost every PC configuration.

I agree 100 % with you. I think AC will live long time on PC It"s simply the best racing sim you can get. I switched from ps4 2 months ago on PC version cause i didn"t know this game can run on allmost every PC configuration.

I did as well, took me a little while to navigate through windows 10, install sidekick, SRS etc.
It's almost a completely different game on PC so much to explore.

I still haven't found the crew chief download if someone could drop a link here that would be appreciated!

Back