DFGT Gran Turgismo Paddle Shifters

• Thread starter trk29
  • 121 comments
I just saw this on Inside Sim Racing.
Paddles that fasten on with tape incase anyone wants to put paddles on their wheel.
Looks like they are made out of lexan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54InzXIJ_Wc&feature=feedu http://www.granturgismo.com/

The site says they will be selling cockpits and wheel mounts that are more affordable then higher priced models and better than the cheap ones you can get.

Yeah, saw that too.
Looks really nice.

(The pedals are **** though, so still I still feel the DFGT is a little so-so)

Oh I agree when I got my G27 I was glad to get rid of the DFGT.

Yes my friend, the quality of the G27 can't be denied and no affordable mod for the DFGT can compensate....the G27 is in another class by every criteria that matters most, at least to sim racers.

I already knew of them for some time, I'm telling you, this paired with an affordable 3rd party pedal solution would make the DFGT a completely different wheel.

Does anyone know if the paddle shifters are different on the DFGT versus DFP? I have the pro and very interested in these.

Edit: I sent them an e-mail and will post their response here.

Last edited:
here's an image of teh back of a DFP
Logitech%20Driving%20Force%20Pro%20Wheel.jpg

paddles look the same to me

The back of the wheel is actually different where the wheel meets the steering column, and part of the mod is supposed to run up to this point. Also, are the paddles on DFGT completely flat or curved slightly for grip like DFP?

Edit: nevermind, paddles themselves look the same.

3ed97ee6.png

Last edited:
I think the DFGT paddles are very good, they're well positioned and work fine, but I wouldn't mod a DFGT other the pedals, as that's truly it's weakest link.

hopefully they release them in black. I don't like the plastic look...

Since they are lexan all you you would have to do is paint them whatever color you want. But you would have to paint the side you see so it wouldn't rub off. Or you could get a colored piece of sticky vinyl and apply it to the back side where your fingers sit and it will look glossy through the front side.

So I have ordered the paddles and will be testing them on the DFP. Kevin, the creator has only used them on DFGT, so he offered me a refund if they don't work properly. If you are interested in the DPS but are unsure if they will work with your wheel I would shoot him an email. He seemed nice, was quick to respond, and easy to work with.

So I have ordered the paddles and will be testing them on the DFP. Kevin, the creator has only used them on DFGT, so he offered me a refund if they don't work properly. If you are interested in the DPS but are unsure if they will work with your wheel I would shoot him an email. He seemed nice, was quick to respond, and easy to work with.

If you have the time please post a review and some pictures. Would like to see the finish in greater detail.

Wow, I didn't think these were that well known yet.

I got a pair of the adjustable ones as I had purchased the last version and didn't like them for one main reason, I couldn't fit my fingers between the paddles and the wheel. Really bugged me. I made my frustrations known here on the forums a while back and was contacted by the creator to test a new version he was working on. I guess these are them! :)

Anyways, got mine installed and here are a few pics. These are the adjustable ones. My fingers aren't that big, so I have them set pretty much all the way down, but obviously you can set them to your liking.

First impressions, I like them! Much better being able to get my fingers in there, and it doesn't hardly take any effort to click through each gear. I also like the fact that they're not flexible like the last ones, so if your fingers are towards either end of the paddle, you can still switch gears. 👍

DSCN3864.jpg

DSCN3865.jpg

DSCN3867.jpg

DSCN3869.jpg

DSCN3870.jpg

DSCN3872.jpg

R1600, I've read around that there seems to be a problem with the recoil spring which takes away some concentration during racing, something about the spring not being strong enough. Due to this I'm actually considering going for the non-adjustable ones, considering that the less moving parts, the less chance of failure/something breaking.

What's your experience?

Reportedly, the non-adjustable model has undergone modifications as well, and now leaves some space for your fingers between the paddles and the wheel.

just ordered a set of the adjustables, see how long they take to get from the US to Australia,
Been very annoyed with the DFGT on Richard Burns Rally (PS2) as i like the handbrake mapped to the shifter and gear-changes on the paddles (because i haven't gotten around to building my handbrake setup for my wheel-stand)

R1600, I've read around that there seems to be a problem with the recoil spring which takes away some concentration during racing, something about the spring not being strong enough. Due to this I'm actually considering going for the non-adjustable ones, considering that the less moving parts, the less chance of failure/something breaking.

What's your experience?

Reportedly, the non-adjustable model has undergone modifications as well, and now leaves some space for your fingers between the paddles and the wheel.

As far as I know, the version I had before this was the only one available?

But yes, I do see the problem with the spring not being tight enough. I have accidentally pushed them away during a race and had to reach for them and put them back into position. Not going to complain that much, because it's something I can fix myself if I want to, and the springs are cheap.

I think the only difference between the non-adjustable and the adjustable is just the adjustment screw for the paddle height. Everything else is the same.

Turbo, is it easy to adjust the screw? It seems like there isn't a lot of room to get a screw driver in there.

So is the only difference between the 100 and 200 the screw? If the non-adjustable version suffers from the same spring problem than the adjustable one then the adjustable one seems like a smarter buy.

Adding this mod or diy will result in completely destroying the little button behind the shifter button itself. Way to much pressure added to a piece of crap eletronic button. Been there and done that.

I don't see how it's any different than pressing it yourself, other than the light pressure from the springs which we've discussed could even be stronger. Care to ellaborate? Where exactly is there, and how exactly did you do that?

Did you destroy your buttons using this mod?

Adding this mod or diy will result in completely destroying the little button behind the shifter button itself. Way to much pressure added to a piece of crap eletronic button. Been there and done that.

Explain, the paddle doesn't maintain constant pressure on the button, so how does it destroy it? As coxis said, I don't see how it will be any different than me shifting by pressing the button.

The new versions look 10x better than the originals. i might just pay the couple extra bucks and get the 200 series....

Ok guys, listen up. YOU know how to press your new paddle mod right? But if, say a buddy stops by or your spouse or your kids even, and you let them try out your rig. They do not know how hard to press the paddle. They may drive it in auto for all that matters. What I am trying relay to you is the extra leverage from this mod will in fact do harm to those tiny yellow topped swithes behind the shift buttons. You will start to notice at first double shifts up and down. Then it will completely go out and you will resort to using the knob shifter. That sucks. But the bright side to the story is it made me get the T500.

Ok guys, listen up. YOU know how to press your new paddle mod right? But if, say a buddy stops by or your spouse or your kids even, and you let them try out your rig. They do not know how hard to press the paddle. They may drive it in auto for all that matters. What I am trying relay to you is the extra leverage from this mod will in fact do harm to those tiny yellow topped swithes behind the shift buttons. You will start to notice at first double shifts up and down. Then it will completely go out and you will resort to using the knob shifter. That sucks. But the bright side to the story is it made me get the T500.

I see what you are saying, but that isn't a problem for me as I am the only one who touches my wheel. And if this wheel goes out I will also be getting a T500 so these could help me in getting one.:sly:

So is the only difference between the 100 and 200 the screw? If the non-adjustable version suffers from the same spring problem than the adjustable one then the adjustable one seems like a smarter buy.

If you watch this video you can see that the way the spring is installed in non -adjustable version the spring acts more as a return spring to hold the paddle agianst the buttons than the 200.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKNLIv7mOng

Last edited:
Turbo, is it easy to adjust the screw? It seems like there isn't a lot of room to get a screw driver in there.

If you turn the wheel so the paddle is facing up, you can pull down on it and access to the screw is really easy.

Just because yours went out, doesn't mean it will for the rest of us. What makes you think it's the paddles doing it, and not you pressing too hard? The spring on these things hardly puts any pressure on the button. Not going to be a problem.

But the bright side to the story is it made me get the T500.

Well some of us don't have $500 laying around to spend on a video game accessory, so we make do with what we have.

Back