DFGT Gran Turgismo Paddle Shifters

• Thread starter trk29
  • 121 comments
Wow, very nice job, man.

So is there really no feeling of flimsyness with only one stopping screw instead of two? Is the paddle bent in any way due to just being one?

I know the modification by Kevin only has one screw as well, but I thought that two would be ideal, not just one.

Nope, no flimsyness, as the paddle is thick and locates snugly in it's cutout, and the steel hinge is very sturdy
with the stoppers adjusted correctly,. the DPS paddle always maintains contact with the original "button/ paddle" and takes it "springyness" from that
and the new stopper only touches the paddle when it returns to it's natural "off" position, it's not tightened down onto the paddle with any force
only enough to stop it flopping backwards, so 1 screw is all that's needed.
i actually found some stiff nylon washers today that I will install aswell as they are much larger and will "catch" more of the paddle than the current ones.

Here's a video,
poor sound and video quality, but you get the idea

Last edited:
Thanks for all the reviews and details guys.

I just ordered a set of the 200 series on Thursday, and was informed via email that I had a choice of clear, or the newer smoked grey/black plastic. I chose the smoked version.

I'll post a pic when I get them. 👍

ordered mine today!
:D

edit: Does anyone know where these are shipping from?

Last edited:
I received my set today!

Edit: Peeeeeekshers!

Smoke%20Paddles.jpg

Smoke%20Paddles2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics, they look cool but I'm not sure if I like 'em more over the clear ones... For some reason I like how the clear ones stand out more, since the wheel is black.

Thanks for the pics, they look cool but I'm not sure if I like 'em more over the clear ones... For some reason I like how the clear ones stand out more, since the wheel is black.

I'm the opposite, I like subtle looking mods. I'll get pics of them mounted to the wheel today.

Just ordered a set, which should make for easier shifting in hairpins in paddleshifty cars, but I was wondering about the issues brought up by Vince. While that seems to be a minority with having issues, I noticed that there were concerns brought up by the guy who made them in a youtube video and was wondering if I think it was the removal of a spring fixed the issue. I'm also thinking of painting them black or something of the sort. Has anybody on here tried?

Without a spring and 2 adjustment screws the issue mentioned is positively eliminated. The problem was the paddle moving out of place due to a weak spring and the new design no longer has one.

Just arrived today!
Here's the tinted version mounted.

HPIM1610.jpg

HPIM1611.jpg

I'm glad I went with the tinted ones, as they blend in with the wheel better IMO. That being said, I'm probably going to paint them as well, just to match them even better.

I had to angle the paddles pretty far back as my fingers are a little long, and I didn't want them to touch my fingers on the wheel as I shifted. The following pictures show that.

I was a little concerned that they were being set too far back, but not only did it not matter, it actually helped by giving me extra clearance as I move my fingers from the wheel to the paddle. I haven't missed the paddles yet, and I don't imagine I will.
This also gives my hands more room when I'm counter steering hard (think : Rally!).

Interestingly, with the screw installed instead of the spring (didn't come with a spring at all - no need) you can adjust the paddles so they basically pre-load the shift buttons a bit, making for very fast shifts.
This may not be ideal the setting for everyone, but I love it. I can't imagine this harming anything at all as the pressure is not great at all, and the button shifters are really solid.

All the way out...
HPIM1612.jpg

Shifted.... (literally 6-8 mm of travel!)
HPIM1613.jpg

Pros: they look great, shifting is waaaaayyyyy better, 15 minutes to install both paddles, they are really stiff - even shifting at the very edge of the longest (bottom) end is solid. 33$ (I have a crappy iPhone case that cost more)

Cons: Not sure at this point... I'll edit if I find one.
Well, not really a con, but the screw that replaces the spring may need a washer. I didn't put one on, but it's a very small contact patch, so I will probably add one at some point, but with the paddle only moving 1/2 a cm or so, maybe I won't.. (if you are unsure of what I mean, Robbks' mod post shows exactly what I mean, but with his own mod that he created because his came with springs).

They took 10 days to get to my mailbox, which is impressive seeing as they needed to go through Canada Customs, and Kevin (owner/designer) held them up for a day to as he waited to hear from me regarding my choice of clear / tinted.

👍👍👍👍👍 / 5 IMO

Last edited:
I see you moved the bolt to the hole closest to the hinge. I'm thinking about doing that to mine too, as the outer hole is making the bolt head contact the shift button on the very edge of the button.

I see you moved the bolt to the hole closest to the hinge. I'm thinking about doing that to mine too, as the outer hole is making the bolt head contact the shift button on the very edge of the button.

You are correct, I did move the bolt to the inside hole. When the paddles arrived the bolt was in the outside hole, but was missing the shift button when aligned properly, so I moved it to the inner hole.
I assumed that the two holes were for different wheels, as It seems they can be mounted to DFP wheels too (see McFizzle's post on pg.3).

Last edited:
You are correct, I did move the bolt to the inside hole. When the paddles arrived the bolt was in the outside hole, but was missing the shift button when aligned properly, so I moved it to the inner hole.
I assumed that the two holes were for different wheels, as It seems they can be mounted to DFP wheels too (see McFizzle's post on pg.3).

I just rec'd mine, but the screw was in the inner-most hole and still misses the shift button (on the DFGT) when it's adjusted for some space between the paddles and the wheel. It works when the paddles are tight to the wheel.
I took some pics:

http://scottypinthemix.com/pix/shifter-button01.jpg

I sent an email to Kevin. I'm sure there is a solution.
Regardless, I still recommend the product for the DFGT all day.

I just rec'd mine, but the screw was in the inner-most hole and still misses the shift button (on the DFGT) when it's adjusted for some space between the paddles and the wheel. It works when the paddles are tight to the wheel.

That's odd. I don't think I could even set mine up to do that.
I'm not sure what you mean by "when it's adjusted for some space between the paddles and the wheel." Did you set them up (mount the brackets) with a gap somewhere? It's a bit hard to see in your pic.

Ordered on Friday, arrived on Monday. After a little tinkering (first i messed them up now they're good) i have them working quite well. They worked for some testing with formula cars and held on during rallying. They cut up my fingers a tad, but thats not a worry as I use gloves as I'm super hardcore/sweaty hands/do it because i like it quit judging me. Now I've got an almost legit reason. Paddles seem great though.

Ordered on Friday, arrived on Monday. After a little tinkering (first i messed them up now they're good) i have them working quite well. They worked for some testing with formula cars and held on during rallying. They cut up my fingers a tad, but thats not a worry as I use gloves as I'm super hardcore/sweaty hands/do it because i like it quit judging me. Now I've got an almost legit reason. Paddles seem great though.

No worries, I've seen guys with helmets and belts :) I'm curious, what did you do wrong when you first installed the paddles? Also how did they nick your fingers? With the radius on them I wouldn't think you could do that, but I don't rally race much.

No worries, I've seen guys with helmets and belts :) I'm curious, what did you do wrong when you first installed the paddles? Also how did they nick your fingers? With the radius on them I wouldn't think you could do that, but I don't rally race much.

I first put the screw on the inner hole as I didnt think it would work out well on the outer one. Also I messed with the contact screw a bit. During my first tests it wasnt getting every upshift right, so I went to move the contact screw (the one that hits the paddle on the wheel) and completely unscrewed the adjustment screw. I couldnt find it for some time, but with it out it was easy to switch the contact screw without removing the tape. After I found and replaced the adjustment screw everything worked great. I still have the contact screw on the inside for the downshift paddles.

I nick the backs of my fingers on the paddles when going for a change or forgetting that they're there. Maybe its that I'm not used to them. I don't have all that much time to do some in depth testing until the weekend, but I think its all good from here on out. And as I said if its not, its all very adjustable without removing the paddles from the tape and worrying about that.
I'd never use the paddles for rallying, but they hold on tight as ever and I dont think will get in the way.

Last edited:
I nick the backs of my fingers on the paddles when going for a change or forgetting that they're there. Maybe its that I'm not used to them.

I had the same issue at first :odd:. The flat edged side is not sharp in any way, but it's got an edge to it, that's for sure.
At first it seemed like it was going to be a problem, as I did get a small papercut type of nick on both of my hands, but now I don't notice the edges at all.
I'm guessing that there is a bit of getting used to the setup (I've never used paddles before), then it all works fine.
Moving the paddles back about as far as they would go also seemed to help too, as following that, it's not an issue at all anymore.

Haha, I used gloves too when I'm about to do an intense race with my DFGT, mainly because my hands get sweaty very easily. It is quite empowering, though, using the sequential gear-shifter with gloves...:sly:

your looking at about 3-5 weeks. Customs will probably want to tax them and royal mail will charge again on top for a handling fee. You may not be able to receive them without paying an extra £12 to royal maiil though. Or you may get lucky and customs will miss them and you get them by the 30th.

How long would it take for delivery to uk they were dispatched on september 7th

Took 7 days to Nottingham UK, Was impressed with this speedy deilery from the USA, ans even more impressed with the product they work great.

Ask Kevin to mark as gift and spare parts then hopefully they will not get interest from customs.

Rockett02
your looking at about 3-5 weeks. Customs will probably want to tax them and royal mail will charge again on top for a handling fee. You may not be able to receive them without paying an extra £12 to royal maiil though. Or you may get lucky and customs will miss them and you get them by the 30th.

Well your a liar because they came on the 14th your 16 days out

Well your a liar because they came on the 14th your 16 days out

beg your pardon fella. Liar?? you asked a question. I gave you an answer from my experience ordering said paddles. Considering US postal services is just as bad as Royal Mail the ETA on packages can vary greatly. Calling someone a liar who has taken time to help just shows what an ungratefull person you are. Customs obviously let them pass, consider yourself lucky.

Back