DFGT mod

• Thread starter b1landboy
  • 77 comments
I gather this will work on DFP wheels as well? :)

The Conclusion:

I like it, pretty simple to install on your wheel, without much of trouble, 3 holes already drilled in the paddles, for possible attaching it with more robust solutions than adhesive, but such would void the warranty of the wheel, so it's good to always have this option ready.

Did what it was supposed and made to do for us DFGT users, making it way easier shifting gears in tight corners, and a little more fun now too.

Although it's plastic it's not the kind that feels like it would break any second, and for the price i guess there isn't much of a reason to complain too much about it, as it looks great.

if i had to give it a score from 1 to 10, i do give it a 9.

Recommended! :)

hope this helps anyone who is on the fence to get one. And sorry for blurry pictures, hehe. :P

Nice review mate! Thank you.👍

I also just ordered a set. Also sent an e-mail asking if he's working on a DFGT pedal mod of some type as his website says he didn't like the pedal feel. I'd rather not have to buy a set of G25/27 pedals and re-wire if I can avoid it.

Thought I would update this with my tiny review. Got the paddles and put them on immediately. They are nice, and it doesn't take much effort to shift gears. A couple issues I do not like:

They seem a bit flimsy. Given that they are made in a longer shape, you would think it's possible to grab a hold of the paddle from multiple spots on the wheel, which it is not. Try to shift gears from anywhere other than were you normally do, and nothing happens.

My biggest peeve with them is the fact that I can no longer wrap my fingers/hands around the wheel now. Now I'm just driving with my finger tips mainly, and that's not very comfortable.

Given the above items, I will be taking them off and putting them up for sale. If anyone is interested, PM me. You'll probably have to purchase some new adhesive though.

My biggest peeve with them is the fact that I can no longer wrap my fingers/hands around the wheel now. Now I'm just driving with my finger tips mainly, and that's not very comfortable.

This is probably my biggest complaint about them as well. There isn't much room between the paddles and the wheel, so you either drive with your fingertips or keep your fingers on the paddles the whole time. I chose the latter, and I definitely still think it's an improvement over the standard buttons.

So keep in mind that you will have to change your grip on the wheel before buying these. I can see a lot of people not liking the limited space between the paddles and the wheel.

I also just received my Granturgismo shifter paddles and was extremely disappointed with them. After using the paddles for two days they have been removed. They are flimsy, a little weird to grip and just now I have cut them to try to modify them to work in a different fashion. I guess if I want flappy paddles I'll have to get myself a g27.

This is the solution I came up for the paddle shifters. Made them by myself using plywood and finish it with some carbon fibre upholstery. Can grip the steering wheel without problems.

Thoses look pretty sweet. Can you show how you mounted them? That would be awsome. Really like the look.

I jsut made those for my DF GT, took me about 1 hour.

91hSX.jpg

79yaV.jpg

Yes it is possible and you have to use your imagination…

Here is my solution and I’ll be happy to show you how to do it but you still need some (do it your self) skills, otherwise it could end by damaging your wheel…

attachment.php
attachment.php
Where did you find that foam wheel cover for an 11" wheel? All the ones on amazon are for 15" wheels. Did you cut it and use that center tape thing to hold it together and cover it up?

Hey guys!

I know this thread is old but for those whose still looking to upgrade their DFGT paddles, here's what I did to mine.
They're made of brushed Aluminium and are made for a Volkswagen Golf MK7. I got mine from aliexpress.com for $15CAD shipped.
I ended up deciding to use some loose lego pieces, mounting tape and some screws to attach it to the wheel.
Hope this give you guys some new ideas!

20170316_204209.jpg
20170316_204225.jpg
20170316_204255.jpg

Hey guys!

I know this thread is old but for those whose still looking to upgrade their DFGT paddles, here's what I did to mine.
They're made of brushed Aluminium and are made for a Volkswagen Golf MK7. I got mine from aliexpress.com for $15CAD shipped.
I ended up deciding to use some loose lego pieces, mounting tape and some screws to attach it to the wheel.

View attachment 634497 View attachment 634498 View attachment 634499

This looks amazing, buying some right now! :cheers:

Hey guys!

View attachment 634497 View attachment 634498 View attachment 634499
Hey,
i just ordered and received similar pedals, could you elaborate how you attached yours to the wheel? I feel only that two-sided tape won't be holding them tight enough. Have you screwed the pedals to the legos and than sticked them to the wheel or did you use screws to connct the legos to the wheel?

Back