Did you get bored of GT4 fast, after the realese?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cosmic
  • 65 comments
  • 3,087 views

Did you get bored of GT4 fast, after the realese?

  • Yes

    Votes: 32 29.6%
  • No

    Votes: 76 70.4%

  • Total voters
    108
  • Poll closed .

Cosmic

(Banned)
Messages
7,069
I did.
And I'll give GT4 a last try before it's going back for a trade or keeping it to collect dust.

1st save : 50% 2 weeks after the realese, bored.
2nd save : 32% after a restart, got bored of it because I sold most of my cars to make ''projects'' :dunce:

Is it worth to do another try because in some points I really enjoy this game.
 
Motor Carriage all the way! (only joking)


Or just race the yellowbird round the ring endlessly getting slightly better times. That'll give you a couple of months :lol:

Admittedly the repetition does 'grind' after a while.
 
Took me 9 months to get bored. Did Need for Speed MW for a week... got bored without finishing, and went straight back to GT4.
 
James2097
Motor Carriage all the way! (only joking)


Or just race the yellowbird round the ring endlessly getting slightly better times. That'll give you a couple of months :lol:

Exchange the Yellowbird for a Mexico Blue RGT, and you’ve pretty much summed up my GT4 experience. I’m smitten, despite receiving my NTSC/J version in Dec 2004.;)
 
I got bored after a few months, and haven't played it properly since. I suppose if I played it again I would enjoy it. For me a game really has to grab my attention and interest to keep me going, but this just didn't, I'm afraid.
 
I think I never get bored. I play the game 8 months already, I don't play it as much as I did but I still play it sometimes and allways like it
 
G.T
I got bored after a few months, and haven't played it properly since. I suppose if I played it again I would enjoy it. For me a game really has to grab my attention and interest to keep me going, but this just didn't, I'm afraid.

i got bored of it when my dfp stuffed up 3 times (3 different wheels by the way) **** you logitech
i just started again recently but im kinda bored now
 
Given the number of cars and tracks, photomode, the in-depth set up and tuning option, combined with time spent writing a suspension and brake tuning guide, testing and spending far too much time here at GTP.

No, not bored yet.

Regards

Scaff
 
I got bored with it because I started playing GTR. I just found the physics and sound of GT to be dull afterwards.
 
Have been playing since March of last year when it was released in PAL countries and albeit I have reduced the amount of time I play I do not think the game is boring yet. By no means.. Still enjoy it immensly as there is always another car to try.. 👍

Offtopic, as it happens I tried out the Yellow Bird on the Ring the other day and I just can't get my head around how to drive these RR cars.. I end up in the ARMCO in every high speed turn and I'm usually not that a bad driver.. Oh well..

Cheers!
 
PanzerFaust
Have been playing since March of last year when it was released in PAL countries and albeit I have reduced the amount of time I play I do not think the game is boring yet. By no means.. Still enjoy it immensly as there is always another car to try.. 👍

Offtopic, as it happens I tried out the Yellow Bird on the Ring the other day and I just can't get my head around how to drive these RR cars.. I end up in the ARMCO in every high speed turn and I'm usually not that a bad driver.. Oh well..

Cheers!

👍 i reckon rr sucks, got the rgt or whatever it is, its almost undriveable
haha almosts an understatement
fr all the way!!!
 
Not bored at all! Ive had the game since the day of release over here in england and ive got 100% im doing the licenses in gold now. Most of the time im either drifting or messing about on the ring, and i dont think its possible to become bored of the nurburgring!
 
Ive played with DS2 for ages but I found starting a new game with DFP has reinvented the game.
 
My answer, yes.

I played GT4 thoroughly during the first two months getting all gold licenses, beating the Mission Hall and getting 200 A-Spec Points for every race in the Special Conditions Hall, after that it all went downhill.

I didn’t have the urge to go and do any more championships or cups beyond what I had done and sat at 60%(ish) and only turned the PS2 on to use Photo Mode. The game itself got too boring and I suffered from a limited garage of cars and funds, so I turned to B-Spec spamming. With that money, I bought a slew of used vehicles. I always wanted to have every car available in the game but just the thought of getting enough money to purchase all them presented a mental obstacle, I couldn’t be bothered as I found GT4 too tedious and repetitive.

For the next months all I did was play with Photo Mode off and on, until school finished at the end of the year. I really wanted access to heaps of cars that I couldn’t buy but had to win instead. With all the extra time on my hands and although I still found each race incredibly boring I pressed on and starting checking off every car I had using vipersan’s PAL Car List.

From having 300 odd cars in my garage I’ve got all 720(ish) except for around 8. This allows for some great variety in taking pictures and the discovery of many unknowns. Today I go for the odd “Family Cup” or Arcade Mode race ignoring the AI, instead I find the best racing at LANs, although they’re rather few and far between!

So after the initial months the grind of having to repeat tracks in races really put me off, but I got back into GT4 to get all the cars. Once I’ve got them all, the next step is to drive them :)!
 
I forced myself to give my copy of GT4 to my nephew for Christmas to lessen my grip on the PS2. As a result I've been reduced to playing GT3. And I'm bored of that after, what, a week? I miss GT4 and it's sensitive, understeering ways like Michael Barrymore misses prime time TV (Not English? Insert disgraced TV presenter in the suitable place). I especially miss the old crocks and the Nurburgring.

So, no, I'm not bored of it yet, not by a long way.
 
Yeah. I was hooked for a couple of months, but after I did the phenomenally boring Nurburgring 24-hours in B-Spec mode (I sat around for nine hours waiting for Bob to pit so I could speed it up again, and all I got was an FGT with a garish green/yellow paintjob.), I was tired of it. I started over with my second memory card, but it was still boring. I still managed to finish the game, and I keep myself occupied by driving each of my cars without assists and with standard tires. It makes driving race cars a lot more fun.

GT2 was the first GT game I ever played, and it remains the best. GT3 wasn't quite as engrossing as GT2, but I still loved it because it felt special and made me feel proud to own a PS2. GT4, however, didn't have the soul that made the other two so fantastic. It just isn't fresh enough. It feels like more of the same. I hope GT5 lives up to the game experience I had with GT2.
 
Must have played GT4 and nothing else when it came out for 1-2 months but now I find myself playing GT4 for 2-3 weeks then getting bored. I then go off to do something else for a while and then come back. Think it's true of all games though to be honest, enjoyable in moderate doses ;)
 
The first time I played GT4 I didn't really get bored until I unlocked the extreme hal. Boy what a disappointment that was.
Too much "Le mans" class races. I quit when I was at 91 %.

After a time of not playing GT4 (and playing GT3) now I'm back at the wheel to get to 100%. From scratch.
I guess it took a lot of practice, and a lot of competative 2-player racing against my brother to get the hang of the DFP-GT4 combo.
 
I've had the game ever since it came out here in USA, and i've played it every single day since. Except for the days were i didn't have it cause my memory was currupted. I find the only thing that draws me more then GT4 is Counter-Strike:Source. I play GTR, but it really isn't the game for me, i don't understand it, nor do i have a wheel. To me it looks like just a bunch of single race events choose your track, and choose your difficulty.
 
i have to admit i did :P i was just expecting more realistic physics than the ones the game had... i was pretty disapointed. very dissapointed... But i am PD's ***** so i will buy GT5 :D
 
Gabkicks
i have to admit i did :P i was just expecting more realistic physics than the ones the game had... i was pretty disapointed. very dissapointed... But i am PD's ***** so i will buy GT5 :D
????? The physics in GT4 are extremly accurate, other then damage moduling.
 
I played it pretty heavily at first and then stopped racing to do more and more photomode stuff & eventually got bored of it after about 2 months. I've recently popped it back in and it's fun again... for now. I was the same way with GT3, and with most games, so it's not uncommon for me.
 
Master_Yoda
????? The physics in GT4 are extremly accurate, other then damage moduling.
mmkay
 
I've got tired of it after about 4 months. At certain times it started to feel like a chore to play GT4. At that point, I deleted my save file and stopped playing it for a month or so.

After a month, I started a new game. This time I enjoyed playing GT4 much more. I found out that I got bored with my previous save because I wast just playing way too much (like 3h+ a day).

I'm still playing GT4 these days, but no longer than 30 mins. a day

It also helps ( for me anyway) if you change things up and play some other games once and a while. In my case: Richard Burns Rally, Enthusia, and soon GTR (I adapted my cockpit so I can put my newly acquired 19" lcd monitor on it)
 
Not bored yet!

I still play for a couple of hours during the week, and at weekends a couple of hours at a mates place playing two-player and drinking etc.

Still heaps of fun in my opinion.

I think it's all in the way you play - striving for heaps of A-Spec points keeps it interesting as all the races are tight. I think it could get boring if you blast the whole field by 30+secs every race, but there's more than one way to play this game.

Just testing cars and doing comparisons is fun too.

Still heaps of life left for me I feel. :)
 
I got it the day it came out, well the day before it came out, played it a lot for a couple of weeks, then came May and Forza's release. I pretty much stopped playing it after that and really haven't touched it since. Forza is a much better game in my opinion and I enjoy playing it more. In fact I still play Forza all the time.
 
I play it every once in a while and still enjoy it. I do plan a PhotoMode Gallery soon and a Report to keep the interest up.

Forza was fun, but the drifting got old after a while, but it, like GT4, is always fun to come back after a while.

However, my interest in both will most likely go down after PGR3. But of course, I'll never sell GT4.:dopey:
 
Back