Did you get bored of GT4 fast, after the realese?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cosmic
  • 65 comments
  • 3,087 views

Did you get bored of GT4 fast, after the realese?

  • Yes

    Votes: 32 29.6%
  • No

    Votes: 76 70.4%

  • Total voters
    108
  • Poll closed .
I don´t think I will get bored with GT4 at all, since I´m also playing GT3 and still enjoying that. GT4 is way better, so I will love that for years to come!
 
No for me
I still have so much driving in arcade mode
thanks to 100% save with all arcade cars unlocked
but the best thing is photo mode
it doesn't seem to die on me :)
 
Yes and no. I got bored of it very quickly after its release. But now, I’m just enjoying doing laps around the Nurburgring in anything I can get my hands on.

I only do, at most, 3 laps a day. But at least it doesn’t get old!
 
I became bored quite quickly...well, maybe not "bored," so much as I got tired of the game quickly. When I found out that it was just more of the same from GT3, but with a heaping helping of not fun, it simply became something to tide me over until the release of Enthusia.

I hope GT5 isn't as much of a disappointment....it would be nice to play a realistic Gran Turismo. :indiff:
 
Wolfe2x7
I became bored quite quickly...well, maybe not "bored," so much as I got tired of the game quickly. When I found out that it was just more of the same from GT3, but with a heaping helping of not fun, it simply became something to tide me over until the release of Enthusia.

I hope GT5 isn't as much of a disappointment....it would be nice to play a realistic Gran Turismo. :indiff:
It was the same way with me as well, but in my case, I think I got burned out on video gaming as a whole(I know, what the hell am I doing here). Gran Turismo still is my favorite video game though, and I will never sell it. :)
 
My answer is no. I think it's not possible to get bored to GT4, bacause it is so big. 600+ cars, photomode... many tracks + Nürburgring... what else do you want?!
Well the southern loop (südschleife) would be pretty neat...
 
Master_Yoda
????? The physics in GT4 are extremly accurate, other then damage moduling.
Sorry, the physics are not extremely accurate. My intructor told me this. He plays GT4 and said that it not bad but certainly not accurate. :)
It is very good to learn the ideal line, braking points etc.... .

I don't get bored with GT4 but I'm much more interested in GTR and GTL.
 
niky
Took me 9 months to get bored. Did Need for Speed MW for a week... got bored without finishing, and went straight back to GT4.

that's like me, sort of. I went to play NFSMW for a week, bored, went back GT4, but never got bored with GT4.
 
i notice most of you got bored because it was too easy...
having grown up on dead simple atari games, for ME, it's flustratingly hard! even the ORIGINAL GT is giving me problems (i'd never finished all the races).

i can't seem to get the nack the way you guys can. for me, most games are on the hard side, not so easy you get bored instantly. and when I can't have fun with a game cause it's too difficult to get all the nuances...then I get bored with it.
 
I guess without the photomode . . . I would be bored with it by now . . . but every time i play another racing game . . . i remember how awesome GT4 is . . .👍

hope for more . ."normal" . . cars in GT5 and pleeeeeeease . . keep the photomode . . and B-Spec :D
 
GT4 is the only reason I need a PS2...I play for an hour or so every day and I completed it and golded it ages ago. One reason is I race in the Weekly Race Series which helps continue the fun but I also just think the game is inifinitely enjoyable, hence the reason for a site like this I guess. As soon as the PS3 comes out and GT5 does too, I'm buying it...I don't care how much it costs. As Homer Simpson would say: "Dear Gran Turismo, you rock!"
 
as long as gt5 has good netcode it is going to be a big hit. :D
 
No.. Still playing.. Not racking up much percentage though. More or less only Nurburgring with different old sk00l cars and N* tires...
 
Flerbizky
No.. Still playing.. Not racking up much percentage though. More or less only Nurburgring with different old sk00l cars and N* tires...

You would probably enjoy this race series then.
 
Flerbizky
No.. Still playing.. Not racking up much percentage though. More or less only Nurburgring with different old sk00l cars and N* tires...
Yeah, that track is the only reason the game is still interesting for me…
 
niky
Took me 9 months to get bored. Did Need for Speed MW for a week... got bored without finishing, and went straight back to GT4.

Funny, i'm in the same boat with you. Played nothing but GT4 for 10 months, then got NFS:MW for christmas, played it for 1-2 weeks, and already find myself bored with it and wanting to go back to GT4.:ouch:

I never got bored with it. There was always that one car I had to race in, and I never got tired of finding new cars to add to my collection, usually to drift in, then to get better drifting in.
 
Yep, it's pretty much boring for me too. GT3 was never boring. I played that game, over, and over, and over again every time I finished it. That game was fun to start over.

Currently, I'm at 75% finished, and I don't care to continue. I might want to get a few more cars, like the Speed 8, and some others you can't win like a few Supra and NSX JGTC race cars, but there isn't much left I want.

The races I play most are the Japanese Fuji 2005GT JGTC 500 style races. I often race my slightly race-mod Corvette Grand Sport with 396HP, and spank the hell out of the JGTC 500 cars. I also like to use GT300 JGTC cars with this race. I also like the 246 race with these types of cars, too. I also race in the Dream car championship races, from time-to-time.

The tracks I race most on are RR5, 246, Infineon, Circuit de le Sarthe, Fuji 2005GT, Nurb and Grand Valley East for smaller cars. Sometimes, I'll race on Cote d'Azure, or a few other courses, but not that often. I never run the Rally courses anymore. Well over half the races I run are Family Cup. That way, I can choose the difficulty level of my opponents and race against cars that are much faster than me.

For me, this game just doesn't flow right. There's something missing to this game that GT2 and GT3 had that made me want to play them over, and over again once I finished them. Sometimes, the races feel more like doing "chores" than having fun. Plus, the Rally Races are beyond stupid thanks to the penalty system and difficulty controlling the cars with a DS2. The missions were interesting, but once you completed them, there was no need to do them again. Of course, the race events sucked.

Well, I hope GT5 is better. I doesn't need to be perfect, but different and better. Maybe some more JGTC 500 and 300 cars, Speed Challenge Touring Cars and GT cars, DTM cars, Grand Touring Cars, GT2 and LMP1 cars. We also need to see the 63 Cobra Coupe Race Car again. Oh, and much better race events.
 
I played it non-stop,(after work in the evenings),for about 2-3months then found it got a bit tedious.I keep going back to it and `chipping away`at the percentage but i haven`t had a good session on it for a long time.I wont trade in GT3.GT4,concept ,prologue as i think they are cracking games,as is Forza.I still have the first 2 Gran Turismo`on the ps1 though i havent played them since about 2 weeks before GT3 was released.I also have Forza Motorsport and GTA San Andreas ( i know its totally different but there you go )so i swap between the 3 games when i get fed up with either of them.
Andy UK:)
 
I tried playing GT4 yesterday and found myself hating it because of the feel of the cars. I like the feel of Forza much better because the cars seem more true to life, in GT4 they all had a high does of understeer that didn't feel natural.
 
BlazinXtreme
I tried playing GT4 yesterday and found myself hating it because of the feel of the cars. I like the feel of Forza much better because the cars seem more true to life, in GT4 they all had a high does of understeer that didn't feel natural.
From Scaff's signature
"Feel the understeer building up - That is realistic" - Clarkson on GT4

First reaction - ORLY?
It made me think for a while...
 
The only car in the game that I've driven in real life and really pushed was a Corvette Z06 (C5) and it's one of my favorite cars in the game to drive...but after driving it completly stock in GT4 yesterday it doesn't feel right. That car doesn't understeer that much.
 
BlazinXtreme
The only car in the game that I've driven in real life and really pushed was a Corvette Z06 (C5) and it's one of my favorite cars in the game to drive...but after driving it completly stock in GT4 yesterday it doesn't feel right. That car doesn't understeer that much.
I don't have any real life driving experiences yet but I can not belive it either that a car would underteer that much in real life.
 
It's important to be aware of corner entry speeds though. GT4 (any game for that matter) cannot convey speed very well, so when you think you're entering a corner at 40mph it might actually be 70-80mph. :crazy:

Try watching the speedo and slowing down to the speed you would do in real life (this is a chore, I know) and then going into the corner. It think you'll find less understeer and the car behaves more as you expect/remember.
 
I have 2 saves.

First: 70.x %
Second: 40.x %


I get bored real fast with the game now and don't feel like doing another game. In the first game I've dun everything except the manufacture races, 2/3 of the special conditions and mission 34 and some enduros.
 
Going off the subject slightly but the thing that rattles me a little in GT4 is you can enter most races with maximum upgrades,and smoke the opposition though there are some races that are quite challenging even with the upgrades.Apart from not getting many a-spec points,like that really matters,theres nothing to stop you doing it.I tend to add a few of the smaller upgrades so the racing is a little less one sided and more competitive.Gran Turismo 2 had horsepower limits on most of its races,if i remember correctly, though you could still win fairly easily it was a step in the right direction in my opinion.Nice to join in a decent discussion. 👍
Andy UK
 
I've played GT4 non-stop since I bought it at the start of last year. I'm only taking a break from it now to play San Andreas again.
 
BlazinXtreme
The only car in the game that I've driven in real life and really pushed was a Corvette Z06 (C5) and it's one of my favorite cars in the game to drive...but after driving it completly stock in GT4 yesterday it doesn't feel right. That car doesn't understeer that much.

Try looking at it this way -- is it that the car is understeering too much? Or is it that it's oversteering too little, or incorrectly?
 
It depands on what you call the "game". Getting 100% (I'm stuck at 96%) doesn't seem all that fun anymore, since many of the remaining events are repetitve Mission Halls that make me like I'm Bill Murray in Groundhog Day. I'm all-silver, a few gold, no bronze...but there isn't much of a push for me to try for all-gold other than just to say so. The Model T doesn't sound like much of a performer and the chance to win another R34 isn't much of a carrot.

That said, the gameplay "order" is boring me, but there are things you can do in the game are still fun to me:

Start with a car, usually a used one, and slowly tune it by seeing how many close races I can race (and hopefully win). I only tune it if the particular car has "earned" its parts and tunings.

Sometimes I just get the itch to try out a new car that I couldn't drive in the other three installments, or some old ones I missed since they were axed from GT3.

The occasional 200 A-spec point race is a nice challenge. There's some races I just ran for the 5 points to get them over and out.

Photo Mode means never running out of Windows wallpaper.

There's always the 'Ring and Le Sarthe, both free runs and 2-lappers in the Family Cup. It never really gets old at a track that's tough to memorize.

GT3 left me bored with its lack of cars, and tedious repetitve championships. GT2 didn't, and that was probably due to the lack of cars. But I feel GT4 sort of forgot the "original" tracks, and puts more emphasis on the real-life ones (probably because PD paid good money get them in the game).

So I'm not bored yet, although maybe that's because I play for only an hour or two a week lately, compared to 6-8 hours a week beforehand.
 
In LFS, the only things I miss from GT4 are the tracks, and the number of cars. But hotlapping and racing AI dummies just can't compare to good online races. As a bonus, I only get stupid amounts of understeer only when driving overpowered FWD cars! :dopey: (UFR or XFR)

Haven't touched GT4 for monts... :indiff:
 
Carl.
In LFS, the only things I miss from GT4 are the tracks, and the number of cars. But hotlapping and racing AI dummies just can't compare to good online races. As a bonus, I only get stupid amounts of understeer only when driving overpowered FWD cars! :dopey: (UFR or XFR)

Haven't touched GT4 for monts... :indiff:

Have you tried Enthusia? It isn't as realistic as Live for Speed, but it's pretty close (much closer than GT4), and unlike LFS, it offers a vast array of licensed cars, to be driven on the Nürburgring, Tsukuba, and a slew of fantasy tracks... :)
 
Back