Did You See Anything Good Today? 'Event and Showroom Edition'

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rue
  • 4,249 comments
  • 452,545 views
So dad was supposed to pick me up from school today after he had picked his new car from dealership, but the new car wasn't ready yet so the dealership loaned him a Tesla Model S. Yes I got a chance to sit inside a Tesla today. Here are couple of pics I took of it.
1.jpg
2.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
3.jpg
 
How was the new Mustang GT?
Surprisingly very good. Easy to drive, very comfy, interior didn't feel cheap, only big cons were the side mirrors are small and the touchscreen is the main focus point. You can change the climate control through it although it has it's own section right below it. I love the fighter jet-like switches at the very bottom although the steering feel and driving mode are a little harder to get to due to the shifter.
 
Surprisingly very good. Easy to drive, very comfy, interior didn't feel cheap, only big cons were the side mirrors are small and the touchscreen is the main focus point. You can change the climate control through it although it has it's own section right below it. I love the fighter jet-like switches at the very bottom although the steering feel and driving mode are a little harder to get to due to the shifter.
I test drove the ecoboost model. It was a fun drive, too bad the engine sound was fake.
 
I test drove the ecoboost model. It was a fun drive, too bad the engine sound was fake.
That's actually the one I wanted to drive but they didn't have any yet :lol: they had 5 GT's, two were automatic. The one I drove also had the premium package.
 
That's actually the one I wanted to drive but they didn't have any yet :lol: they had 5 GT's, two were automatic. The one I drove also had the premium package.
Somewhat the complete opposite over here in FW :lol: there were a load of V6s and ecoboosts, with hardly any GT models around.
 
Audi and Porsche Dealership photos:
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk62p8Fi

Audi R8 (1) by ProjectWHaT, on Flickr

Audi RS5 (3) by ProjectWHaT, on Flickr

Audi S3 (3) by ProjectWHaT, on Flickr

BMW M3 E92 (1) by ProjectWHaT, on Flickr

Mercedes SL55 AMG (1) by ProjectWHaT, on Flickr

Porsche 911 991 Turbo S (1) by ProjectWHaT, on Flickr

Porsche 911 996 Turbo S by ProjectWHaT, on Flickr

Porsche Cayman (1) by ProjectWHaT, on Flickr

Porsche Cayman S (1) by ProjectWHaT, on Flickr
That's supposed to say Boxster, not Cayman

Tesla Model S P85 (5) by ProjectWHaT, on Flickr

-

Ferrari and Maserati of New England Dealership:
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk62p8FZ

(Enzo and MC12 in here)
 
Nice, it makes me miss living in CT where I was minutes away from an Audi & Porsche dealership.
 
IMG_20141108_053146.jpg IMG_20141108_053200.jpg IMG_20141108_053535.jpg IMG_20141108_054745.jpg IMG_20141108_054828.jpg IMG_20141108_054948.jpg IMG_20141108_055013.jpg IMG_20141108_055321.jpg IMG_20141108_055332.jpg IMG_20141108_055355.jpg IMG_20141108_055850.jpg IMG_20141108_055910.jpg IMG_20141108_060130.jpg IMG_20141108_060210.jpg IMG_20141108_060621.jpg IMG_20141108_060805.jpg IMG_20141108_060859.jpg IMG_20141108_061019.jpg IMG_20141108_061045.jpg IMG_20141108_061236.jpg IMG_20141108_061301.jpg IMG_20141108_061411.jpg IMG_20141108_061439.jpg IMG_20141108_061513.jpg IMG_20141108_061529.jpg IMG_20141108_061545.jpg IMG_20141108_061634.jpg IMG_20141108_061708.jpg IMG_20141108_061801.jpg IMG_20141108_061809.jpg IMG_20141108_061905.jpg IMG_20141108_062027.jpg IMG_20141108_062159.jpg IMG_20141108_062210.jpg IMG_20141108_062245.jpg IMG_20141108_062315.jpg IMG_20141108_062329.jpg IMG_20141108_062356.jpg IMG_20141108_062435.jpg IMG_20141108_062549.jpg IMG_20141108_062706.jpg IMG_20141108_062746.jpg IMG_20141108_062811.jpg IMG_20141108_062949.jpg IMG_20141108_063034.jpg IMG_20141108_063247.jpg IMG_20141108_063308.jpg IMG_20141108_063452.jpg IMG_20141108_063541.jpg IMG_20141108_063618.jpg IMG_20141108_063803.jpg IMG_20141108_063812.jpg IMG_20141108_063856.jpg IMG_20141108_063912.jpg IMG_20141108_063934.jpg IMG_20141108_063955.jpg IMG_20141108_064003.jpg IMG_20141108_064140.jpg IMG_20141108_064237.jpg IMG_20141108_064302.jpg IMG_20141108_064339.jpg IMG_20141108_064402.jpg IMG_20141108_064407.jpg IMG_20141108_064442.jpg IMG_20141108_064500.jpg IMG_20141108_064549.jpg IMG_20141108_064554.jpg IMG_20141108_064605.jpg IMG_20141108_064649.jpg IMG_20141108_064704.jpg IMG_20141108_064718.jpg IMG_20141108_064735.jpg IMG_20141108_064749.jpg IMG_20141108_064804.jpg IMG_20141108_064821.jpg IMG_20141108_064904.jpg IMG_20141108_065019.jpg IMG_20141108_065312.jpg IMG_20141108_065325.jpg IMG_20141108_065356.jpg IMG_20141108_065410.jpg IMG_20141108_065421.jpg IMG_20141108_065435.jpg IMG_20141108_065520.jpg IMG_20141108_065527.jpg IMG_20141108_065539.jpg IMG_20141108_065702.jpg IMG_20141108_065730.jpg IMG_20141108_065823.jpg IMG_20141108_065857.jpg IMG_20141108_065929.jpg IMG_20141108_070026.jpg IMG_20141108_070034.jpg IMG_20141108_070137.jpg IMG_20141108_070222.jpg IMG_20141108_070238.jpg IMG_20141108_070433.jpg IMG_20141108_070512.jpg IMG_20141108_070532.jpg IMG_20141108_070543.jpg IMG_20141108_070632.jpg IMG_20141108_070649.jpg IMG_20141108_070747.jpg IMG_20141108_071004.jpg IMG_20141108_071040.jpg IMG_20141108_071058.jpg IMG_20141108_071106.jpg IMG_20141108_071120.jpg IMG_20141108_071135.jpg IMG_20141108_071151.jpg IMG_20141108_071214.jpg IMG_20141108_071220.jpg IMG_20141108_071231.jpg IMG_20141108_071250.jpg IMG_20141108_071332.jpg IMG_20141108_071343.jpg IMG_20141108_071347.jpg IMG_20141108_071353.jpg IMG_20141108_071516.jpg IMG_20141108_071524.jpg IMG_20141108_071628.jpg IMG_20141108_071647.jpg IMG_20141108_071718.jpg IMG_20141108_071747.jpg IMG_20141108_071802.jpg IMG_20141108_071813.jpg IMG_20141108_071856.jpg IMG_20141108_071909.jpg IMG_20141108_071919.jpg IMG_20141108_071933.jpg IMG_20141108_071956.jpg IMG_20141108_072012.jpg IMG_20141108_072024.jpg IMG_20141108_072051.jpg IMG_20141108_072110.jpg IMG_20141108_072134.jpg IMG_20141108_072148.jpg IMG_20141108_072153.jpg IMG_20141108_072214.jpg IMG_20141108_072223.jpg IMG_20141108_072241.jpg IMG_20141108_072254.jpg IMG_20141108_072306.jpg IMG_20141108_072320.jpg IMG_20141108_072329.jpg IMG_20141108_072409.jpg IMG_20141108_072457.jpg IMG_20141108_072528.jpg IMG_20141108_072618.jpg IMG_20141108_072709.jpg IMG_20141108_072735.jpg IMG_20141108_073038.jpg IMG_20141108_073254.jpg IMG_20141108_073332.jpg IMG_20141108_073348.jpg IMG_20141108_073411.jpg IMG_20141108_073433.jpg IMG_20141108_073504.jpg IMG_20141108_073533.jpg IMG_20141108_073538.jpg IMG_20141108_073551.jpg IMG_20141108_073555.jpg IMG_20141108_073616.jpg IMG_20141108_073623.jpg IMG_20141108_073630.jpg IMG_20141108_073651.jpg IMG_20141108_073657.jpg IMG_20141108_073749.jpg IMG_20141108_073827.jpg IMG_20141108_073907.jpg IMG_20141108_073925.jpg IMG_20141108_073951.jpg IMG_20141108_074056.jpg IMG_20141108_074117.jpg IMG_20141108_074145.jpg IMG_20141108_074152.jpg IMG_20141108_074214.jpg IMG_20141108_074228.jpg IMG_20141108_074318.jpg IMG_20141108_074335.jpg IMG_20141108_074456.jpg IMG_20141108_074512.jpg IMG_20141108_074536.jpg IMG_20141108_074703.jpg IMG_20141108_074732.jpg IMG_20141108_074831.jpg IMG_20141108_074905.jpg IMG_20141108_074924.jpg IMG_20141108_074948.jpg IMG_20141108_075004.jpg IMG_20141108_075124.jpg IMG_20141108_075209.jpg IMG_20141108_075235.jpg IMG_20141108_075431.jpg IMG_20141108_075455.jpg IMG_20141108_075523.jpg IMG_20141108_075605.jpg IMG_20141108_075643.jpg IMG_20141108_075702.jpg IMG_20141108_075723.jpg IMG_20141108_075836.jpg IMG_20141108_080801.jpg IMG_20141108_081316.jpg IMG_20141108_081333.jpg IMG_20141108_081410.jpg IMG_20141108_081426.jpg IMG_20141108_081438.jpg IMG_20141108_081617.jpg IMG_20141108_081651.jpg IMG_20141108_081726.jpg


​
By the way, does anybody know what's the car in the last picture? I have been itching to know. It makes me think of the 365 GTC/4, but it's not the 365 GTC/4. I was thinking that perhaps it's not even a Ferrari underneath, and it's something else with a really well-made, custom Ferrari-esque bodywork. Or, it just happens to be a Ferrari I previously never knew...​
 
Various dealer spots from yesterday. This rather nice E30 to start.

BMW 325i Cabriolet
by ilikewaffles11, on Flickr


BMW 325i Cabriolet
by ilikewaffles11, on Flickr

Jag dealer

Jaguar F-Type R Coupe
by ilikewaffles11, on Flickr


Jaguar F-Type R Coupe
by ilikewaffles11, on Flickr


Jaguar XKR Convertible
by ilikewaffles11, on Flickr


Maserati Gran Turismo
by ilikewaffles11, on Flickr

Love the color

Mercedes C63 AMG
by ilikewaffles11, on Flickr


Mercedes C63 AMG
by ilikewaffles11, on Flickr

Maserati dealer, love the color on this

Cadillac CTSV
by ilikewaffles11, on Flickr

And this

Maserati Gran Cabrio MC
by ilikewaffles11, on Flickr

Porsche/Audi/Merc

My first Boxster GTS! Very cool!

Porsche Boxster GTS
by ilikewaffles11, on Flickr


Porsche Boxster GTS
by ilikewaffles11, on Flickr

My first S3! Actually looks really good.

Audi S3
by ilikewaffles11, on Flickr


Audi S3
by ilikewaffles11, on Flickr


Mercedes CLS55 AMG
by ilikewaffles11, on Flickr

Found this outback. :drool: Already sold.

Porsche 911 Targa 4S (991)
by ilikewaffles11, on Flickr


Porsche 911 Targa 4S (991)
by ilikewaffles11, on Flickr

One I didn't upload but kind of liked
image.jpg



Mercedes CLA45 AMG
by ilikewaffles11, on Flickr


Mercedes CLA45 AMG
by ilikewaffles11, on Flickr
 
Last edited:
Lamborghini Aventador:

20141016_020049.jpg


And highlights from Legend of the Lakes 2014:

0212 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

0242 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

00243 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

0330 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

0370 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

0386 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

0448 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

0586 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

0604 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

0771 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

0836 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

0960 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

1079 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

1378 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

1394 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

1487 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

1508 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

1805 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

1893 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

1941 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

1950 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

1953 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr

1954 by Murcie_LP640, on Flickr
 
These ones are from a few weeks ago and I meant to post them but forgot. Went to my moms work to check out the Caterham but the are other goodies as well. Only had my gopro charged.

This is her bosses car which he hand made on a Maserati chassis. Most of the mechanical parts are Maserati as well.










Her bosses other car.



These few below are from yesterday.


 
Morgan Special Project 1

15821101971_491ff68f56_b.jpg

15203562783_856d516547_b.jpg

15203698023_a24146e516_b.jpg



Very rare Mistral 3500 spyder

15203018224_6bde5e8f7e_b.jpg

15821109011_1310efb42d_b.jpg

15637308909_52e78d5d02_b.jpg

15203023154_0133365d6e_b.jpg

15799470906_a540fd61eb_b.jpg

15637742218_917b0f7b98_b.jpg

15637175489_232047cf3b_b.jpg

15824546472_e58ea25bcc_b.jpg

15637176189_9252e80686_b.jpg

15799502156_b7720e4886_b.jpg

15637958108_b092cd91e2_b.jpg

15637715418_0c5a3b5065_b.jpg

15822994975_0479a885e7_b.jpg

15824667032_662f6f68f6_b.jpg

15799456026_738ecc9198_b.jpg

15821115431_f7ffab827d_b.jpg

15203806123_e145b90ed0_b.jpg

15637905017_a54150e445_b.jpg



Gilbern Invader

15821285181_b51449c08e_b.jpg



Gordon-Keeble

15203155624_c2936d75bc_b.jpg



Matra Bagheera

15637884297_46b176ef68_b.jpg

15821193041_4e186a0b1b_b.jpg

15637611008_8253f2bc24_b.jpg



Allard P1

15203142704_72cbed84bc_b.jpg

15821195221_23cc15cf12_b.jpg



Marauder A

15203653833_cd06bc5144_b.jpg



Aston DB2/4 Vignale

15203650703_cca407ef56_b.jpg



Jensen 541S

15637909167_a42d4859d8_b.jpg



Rover TCZ Zagato

15799422786_55ee936290_b.jpg



Riley

15637972507_f2d6cdfd4c_b.jpg

15203154264_5cb7c72db6_b.jpg

15824664922_051f380e1f_b.jpg

15638236590_bf7239d0f5_b.jpg

15823086825_40390bf98e_b.jpg

15637670248_eb2f4b5279_b.jpg

15821105361_b37414a171_b.jpg

15203105474_eec3b6d9b7_b.jpg

15637578328_8f44cfb9e4_b.jpg

15203173404_491198b30a_b.jpg

15203173754_5340b66ffd_b.jpg

15203688173_d340b27eea_b.jpg

15824637822_fd3a2ff17e_b.jpg

15637266509_e18f8f2d63_b.jpg



Tatras!

15203624553_c5e9f96aa9_b.jpg

15799394666_27bd4cc177_b.jpg

15638206650_5d04247440_b.jpg

15637941257_defd56eb63_b.jpg

15637266209_f807c9970d_b.jpg

15637183409_5bb327b82a_b.jpg

15821108611_6d881575a4_b.jpg

15203148494_2d4523046c_b.jpg

15638276020_f569356e17_b.jpg

15823218945_cc88aa3b99_b.jpg
 
These ones are from a few weeks ago and I meant to post them but forgot. Went to my moms work to check out the Caterham but the are other goodies as well. Only had my gopro charged.

This is her bosses car which he hand made on a Maserati chassis. Most of the mechanical parts are Maserati as well.










Her bosses other car.



These few below are from yesterday.



Wait a minute, are you in PA? I remember seeing that blue Maserati thing at a car show this summer.
 
Dealer spots from this week. BMW first

Mineral grey M4 with red leather... :drool:
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg


Lexus dealer has this C3 pace car
image.jpg


And C6 Z06
image.jpg


Porsche/Audi/Merc

Cayenne Turbo
image.jpg


S7
image.jpg


SL55 AMG
image.jpg


I liked this Boxster S
image.jpg


S8 V10
image.jpg

image.jpg


G63 AMG
image.jpg

image.jpg


And finally... Two i8s!! Definitely one of my favorite new cars!
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
 
Damn, I think I should check out my local BMW dealer soon. I want to know if they have any i8s.
 
Damn, I think I should check out my local BMW dealer soon. I want to know if they have any i8s.

Definitely worth checking. I only bothered because I thought I caught a glimpse of one out back when going by, checked the website and saw one in their inventory. Though had to wait for the unveiling, which they did yesterday.

Then went and found out they had two! :D
 
Yeah, maybe I'll actually see a F10 M5 for once aswell. I for some reason can never find those.
 
I've seen I3s at my bmw dealer but no I8s yet.
 
@Wiegert :0 a DeTomaso Longchamp! Howazit?
@NoobMan DS I can't believe what shows up at Car & Coffe some times. "yeah we're just hangin' out and then Danny Thompson's Challenger II makes the scene. Casual". wtf.

Also, I'll for one leave here a link (as it's useless to post them here in the forum since a gallery for the event is already created at the website I work for) to a set of pictures for the annual air-cooled VW pilgrimage event, Mexico's very own Treffen, which this year had the very special visit of the VW37 prototype directly from the VW museum in Wolfsburg:
http://www.maxihp.com/eventos/item/1134-treffen-2014,-parte-1/#imagen_30
IMG_8310.JPG
 
Back