Did You See Anything Good Today? 'Event and Showroom Edition'

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rue
  • 4,249 comments
  • 452,061 views
Ah ok, thanks. Good to know. :)


It looks nice in the right color and wheels. The first one I saw looked incredibly bland.
 
I know I can't post pics of this (I have them on my Ipod) But I saw my first VW Karman Giha parked while walking around the old part of Quebec today.
 
Ah ok, thanks. Good to know. :)

It looks nice in the right color and wheels. The first one I saw looked incredibly bland.

The first I saw was in red with ridiculously small wheels and black leather. *yawns*
 
I know I can't post pics of this (I have them on my Ipod) But I saw my first VW Karman Giha parked while walking around the old part of Quebec today.

It doesn't belong in this thread. This is 'Event & showroom edition'?

And then there's this from the other thread, pretty sure it applies here too.
Here is it, plain and simple.

If you not have pictures to post about a car you have seen, do not post. The end.

You don't have to like it, but that is how this thread works, for you, and for everybody else who posts in it. We don't care if you saw a car that you will post tomorrow when the internet likes you again. If you don't have a picture to post a sighting, when you post, don't post.

:)
 
I know I can't post pics of this (I have them on my Ipod) But I saw my first VW Karman Giha parked while walking around the old part of Quebec today.

Don't care. Check your PM's. My warning from the other DYSAGT thread applies here too - it's called common sense.

And then there's this from the other thread, pretty sure it applies here too.

Sure does 👍
 
Last edited:
IDK about anyone else, but the more I look at the new Cayman, the more it starts to remind me of just a smaller 911 with the way that rear body line stretches all the way to the back.
 
IDK about anyone else, but the more I look at the new Cayman, the more it starts to remind me of just a smaller 911 with the way that rear body line stretches all the way to the back.

I think it looks a little sexier :)
 
I've had friends telling me that they pass by the Jaguar/Land Rover dealership and keep seeing a covered up Aston Martin parked out front. On my way to the gas station yesterday, I drove by and saw it. "That's not an Aston Martin...that's a :censored:ing F-Type!!!" Pulled in and got some pictures with my DSLR in hand. Not great shots, but just quick ones. The dealers started talking about cameras with me too. They also had a V8S sitting inside the showroom. Even started it up for me and a father and son group whilst we were looking at it. They are definitely the nicest dealers in the state. :D
under_wrap_by_medigoflame-d698mf3.jpg



Didn't even think these would be in my town. :lol:

Not any F-Type either that looks like the coupe version yet to be released? Should have convinced them to lift off the cover. :sly:
 
Not any F-Type either that looks like the coupe version yet to be released? Should have convinced them to lift off the cover. :sly:

There ain't to coupe on sale.

There are prototypes running, so 2014 might see the production version being shipped out.
 
Nice Poolhaas 👍

Here is 10% what I shot today ;) Pictuuuredump :lol:

2013_06_30_5722-1_zps5ccd411c.jpg


2013_06_30_5752-1_zps6d24b9ed.jpg


2013_06_30_5758-1_zps686ec583.jpg


2013_06_30_5763-1_zpscdf3dd97.jpg


2013_06_30_5784-1_zpsbf19abe5.jpg


2013_06_30_5795-1_zps32536fe2.jpg


2013_06_30_5804-1_zps69cfae76.jpg


2013_06_30_5809-1_zpsce18ac5f.jpg


2013_06_30_5810-1_zps792b5635.jpg


2013_06_30_5812-1_zpsc9e1315b.jpg


2013_06_30_5826-1_zps0d6427f5.jpg


2013_06_30_5838-1_zpsa73b9bf4.jpg


2013_06_30_5845-1_zps91018bca.jpg


2013_06_30_5849-1_zpsb1e5d605.jpg


2013_06_30_5852-1_zps02a92a4c.jpg


2013_06_30_5857-1_zps87497b5c.jpg


2013_06_30_5868-1_zps0394ede0.jpg


2013_06_30_5883-1_zps2a93838a.jpg


2013_06_30_5887-1_zps9de262e3.jpg


2013_06_30_5889-1_zpsf3a1b2ae.jpg


2013_06_30_5897-1_zps4e7d32e7.jpg


2013_06_30_5902-1_zpsc57f850a.jpg


2013_06_30_5922-1_zps70026b64.jpg


2013_06_30_5950-1_zps90d16874.jpg


2013_06_30_5973-1_zps0023cb64.jpg


2013_06_30_5978-1_zpsbc9bedb4.jpg


2013_06_30_5985-1_zps7a1e43c1.jpg


2013_06_30_5994-1_zps2bd35e3e.jpg


2013_06_30_5997-1_zps1be5e786.jpg


2013_06_30_6012-1_zpseae94dba.jpg


2013_06_30_6075-1_zps5f486df4.jpg


2013_06_30_6076-1_zps1827c5eb.jpg


2013_06_30_6077-1_zps476a0f64.jpg


2013_06_30_6079-1_zpse3160679.jpg


2013_06_30_6082-1_zps803579d6.jpg


2013_06_30_6090-1_zps0367adbc.jpg


2013_06_30_6106-1_zps9d73ac01.jpg


2013_06_30_6123-1_zps152114f1.jpg


2013_06_30_6129-1_zpse47353f3.jpg


2013_06_30_6131-1_zpsa545037f.jpg


2013_06_30_6140-1_zpsf4e53685.jpg


2013_06_30_6150-1_zps3364f358.jpg


2013_06_30_6169-1_zpse1b1a3b3.jpg


2013_06_30_6174-1_zps034194db.jpg


2013_06_30_6178-1_zps1dd38096.jpg


2013_06_30_6211-1_zpsde7bf6ac.jpg


2013_06_30_6225-1_zps758b6da8.jpg


2013_06_30_6236-1_zpsaf9014c1.jpg


2013_06_30_6244-1_zps4ad80706.jpg


2013_06_30_6249-1_zps885d90f2.jpg


2013_06_30_6273-1_zps95f6317d.jpg


2013_06_30_6284-1_zps14f97b83.jpg


2013_06_30_6321-1_zpsee6ede32.jpg
 
Looks like a fun event... 👍

You need to post more pictures of this BMW 3200CS though!

Nice Poolhaas 👍

Here is 10% what I shot today ;) Pictuuuredump :lol:

2013_06_30_6076-1_zps1827c5eb.jpg
 
Will do in the next days, with 500 pics, there is certainly on or the other of the Bmw ;)
Thanks
 
A few to share!
e332a756e0f911e2ab6b22000aa8004d_7.jpg

347f1362e12a11e28cc022000ae80ec6_7.jpg

c6b4a9b4367a11e2b1c522000a9f18eb_7.jpg

932c6f6e367a11e28efa22000a1fbd9c_7.jpg

5bca44e2367a11e2913d22000a9e2892_7.jpg


I also have a ton of pictures from a Cars and Coffee gathering if anyone is interested. All taken from my phone as no one seems to know where the digital camera ran off to.
 
Will do in the next days, with 500 pics, there is certainly on or the other of the Bmw ;)
Thanks
Nice ones Ibonibo, looks like a massive event, will try to get through all of the photos when you decide to upload them :)

@Disinfected: cars and coffee pics are always welcome 👍

Few more cars, not on the track but I'll post them here anyway since some were on it at some point.

Alfa Romeo GT 1300 Junior by poolhaas1, on Flickr

Ferrari 308 Quattrovalvole by poolhaas1, on Flickr

Mercedes SLS AMG by poolhaas1, on Flickr

Lotus 2 Eleven by poolhaas1, on Flickr

Porsche 997 GT3 RS 4.0 by poolhaas1, on Flickr

Ferrari 458 Italia by poolhaas1, on Flickr

Audi R8 by poolhaas1, on Flickr

Nissan GT-R by poolhaas1, on Flickr

Cobra 427 by poolhaas1, on Flickr

McLaren MP4-12C by poolhaas1, on Flickr
 
Last edited:
What's that awesome little white box next to the 308?
 
Looks like a fun event... 👍

You need to post more pictures of this BMW 3200CS though!

...and the Alpine/GTA V6 👍

I've seen a lot of awesome cars at shows but never on the track, would love to go to an event like that. Nice mix of sports and non-sporting models too.

@Poolhaas be careful when labelling a Cobra 427, as you probably know replicas outnumber the real deal hugely, prices for the real thing have gone crazy in the last few years. I've seen some superb, beautiful replicas but in the UK you can usually tell by the description on the little tax disc on the window. Of course if that has a 427 block I guess you could argue it is a "Cobra 427" but do you know if it's an original Shelby/AC?
 
Last edited:
...and the Alpine/GTA V6 👍

I've seen a lot of awesome cars at shows but never on the track, would love to go to an event like that. Nice mix of sports and non-sporting models too.

@Poolhaas be careful when labelling a Cobra 427, as you probably know replicas outnumber the real deal hugely, prices for the real thing have gone crazy in the last few years. I've seen some superb, beautiful replicas but in the UK you can usually tell by the description on the little tax disc on the window. Of course if that has a 427 block I guess you could argue it is a "Cobra 427" but do you know if it's an original Shelby/AC?

The only way you can tell if it's a real Shelby is by the cast number on the frame. Otherwise you won't really know. Plus they came with 289s etc.
 
Orginal 289s were a different shape, surely? There must be a lot of ways of telling a mid/late 60s car from a replica from the 80s onwards.
 
I really don't know anything about a Cobra or naming one of these. Only put this in the description because of the little side badge :lol:
Removed the AC because it probably is a replica.
 
Went to the local AutoX.

996 GT3
9178181225_e701f0d800_b.jpg

9179839556_e70920f84a_b.jpg


An immaculate 912E. Very rare, but still out there racing. By a cute girl no less.
9179954706_d76bbde54e_b.jpg


Don't think it's really an RS America, but let's say it is.
9177553673_cd3d52e58c_b.jpg
 
Orginal 289s were a different shape, surely? There must be a lot of ways of telling a mid/late 60s car from a replica from the 80s onwards.

I remember reading something saying that the door line is different on the replicas and the originals. Now I'm sure not all replicas are, but I know Factory 5 and quite a few others are.

The door line is a bit more curved to ease entry and exit and to add legroom (if it's a longer wheelbase)


Also, on the topic of Shelby's, here's an original, 1 owner, 1964 289 A/C Cobra at the Carmel Artomobilia from last year. It looks so nice in person.

25e353519a228cc3d61d2180836d7056.jpg


Dat Carrol Shelby signature. :drool:

4f56798f0469be2f2f2dca3c45ba18d7.jpg
 
Ask and you shall recieve,

batch of 50... there are still more :lol:

2013_06_30_5715-1_zpsb9349fd7.jpg


2013_06_30_5716-1_zpsaab00a51.jpg


2013_06_30_5724-1_zps62e97506.jpg


2013_06_30_5726-1_zps6276aade.jpg


2013_06_30_5727-1_zps159dfd49.jpg


2013_06_30_5728-1_zps30b48251.jpg


2013_06_30_5729-1_zps4edc8fe8.jpg


2013_06_30_5737-1_zps79dcf5fc.jpg


2013_06_30_5747-1_zps4537b4ce.jpg


2013_06_30_5750-1_zps7be51fb7.jpg


2013_06_30_5766-1_zps5a34e400.jpg


2013_06_30_5769-1_zps0680b0cb.jpg


2013_06_30_5773-1_zpsf9a3adef.jpg


2013_06_30_5778-1_zps00c6131b.jpg


2013_06_30_5785-1_zpsff3743a5.jpg


2013_06_30_5787-1_zps96f678b3.jpg


2013_06_30_5789-1_zps491e9ff1.jpg


2013_06_30_5799-1_zps11663a07.jpg


2013_06_30_5801-1_zpse6c5cbe3.jpg


2013_06_30_5802-1_zpsf0da7262.jpg


2013_06_30_5803-1_zpsfb53573a.jpg


2013_06_30_5806-1_zpscd86d8f3.jpg


2013_06_30_5807-1_zps5b008695.jpg


2013_06_30_5808-1_zpsae26bcce.jpg


2013_06_30_5811-1_zps0a943bc4.jpg


2013_06_30_5814-1_zps81181324.jpg


2013_06_30_5817-1_zps5aac968e.jpg


2013_06_30_5819-1_zpsd15b4efc.jpg


2013_06_30_5820-1_zps2f025ac3.jpg


2013_06_30_5821-1_zpsbcf87fa0.jpg


2013_06_30_5822-1_zps20723dea.jpg


2013_06_30_5824-1_zps7c81f64c.jpg


2013_06_30_5825-1_zps3a6bef26.jpg


2013_06_30_5827-1_zps881406f2.jpg


2013_06_30_5828-1_zpsf0e129ba.jpg


2013_06_30_5830-1_zps6e9e9176.jpg


2013_06_30_5833-1_zps66742e64.jpg


2013_06_30_5837-1_zpsfcc11fa9.jpg


2013_06_30_5841-1_zpsbf652a1f.jpg


2013_06_30_5842-1_zps536c7824.jpg


2013_06_30_5850-1_zps56fe3f3d.jpg


2013_06_30_5851-1_zps3bdeff4a.jpg


2013_06_30_5854-1_zps4ba4aec1.jpg


2013_06_30_5856-1_zps3a914cb9.jpg


2013_06_30_5861-1_zpsfd088df7.jpg


2013_06_30_5863-1_zps8b1b0152.jpg


2013_06_30_5865-1_zps79cced79.jpg


2013_06_30_5867-1_zps5ba1ee9e.jpg


2013_06_30_5869-1_zpscd81cbc0.jpg
 
Orginal 289s were a different shape, surely? There must be a lot of ways of telling a mid/late 60s car from a replica from the 80s onwards.

They were slightly skinnier but with beefier tires and some minor fabrication to the wheel arches, to the untrained eye you would never know. And since production resumed from Shelby themselves in the early 1990s, your guess is as good as mine which one is a '60s original. You can go out and buy a brand new 2013 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C that is exactly the same as it was in 1965. Only thing that changed is the year.

I really don't know anything about a Cobra or naming one of these. Only put this in the description because of the little side badge :lol:
Removed the AC because it probably is a replica.

Probably. Unless someone bought a new one from Shelby.
 
Great cars and pictures on this page. :drool:

Went to a local autocross event on Sunday. Not going to bore you guys with the usual Miatas, FRS, STI, and other sports car stuff. So I'll just post up the interesting stuff. Also...there was an interesting spectator car.

BMW M5 F10 spectator car. First time I've seen one!
1044296_10201568115944124_10770383_n.jpg

1044130_10201568116864147_1505724584_n.jpg


240Z
1011956_10201568181425761_1630348702_n.jpg


635i
1044369_10201568173545564_1895137248_n.jpg


914
1016127_10201568165985375_612486148_n.jpg
 
Track day at the drag strip. Too bad we ended up getting rained out. Make sure you read the descriptions.







Olds: 9.1
Buick: 11.6

The Olds had a fresh transmission this run. This car has run an 8.6 before all motor. The car is pushing out around 500hp and 500 lb-ft of torque.

The guy in the Buick made his very first pass with his new 455 installed after taking out the old Chevy 305. The A/T tires were low on tread and this was his very first pass without knowing how the car would react. Unfortunately it started pouring after this pass and he couldn't get it dialed it. He has plans for 300 cheater slicks. Think this car has a 3.73 rear.
 
Ducati 1199 Panigale S Tricolore

0


2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale R

The $32,000 homologation special.

0


0


0
 
Back