Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

  • Thread starter Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 47,724 comments
  • 3,785,729 views
Saw a 2015 Chevy Tahoe and a 2013 Corvette 427.
IMG_20140226_235653.jpg
IMG_20140226_235729.jpg
 
Well, i just saw that GTR again. I managed to, however, get some better snaps:

image.jpg
 
Dodge Durango R/T
IMG_00000060.jpg
IMG_00000072.jpg


A pretty clean and unmolested Pontiac Fiero GT
IMG_00000062.jpg
IMG_00000061.jpg


Jaguar XJ Vanden Plas
IMG_00000063.jpg


Chevrolet Chevelle

IMG_00000065.jpg
IMG_00000064.jpg


Jaguar XK

IMG_00000067.jpg


Audi TT (first-generation)

IMG_00000068.jpg


Dodge Challenger R/T

IMG_00000069.jpg


Volkswagen Transporter (T2)

IMG_00000070.jpg


Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera

IMG_00000071.jpg


BMW 650i Convertible (E64)

IMG_00000073.jpg


Tesla Model S

IMG_00000074.jpg
 
1970? Chevelle

Yes, 1970. Big block car too going by the full dress it uses, altough I don't know if it's been built up to look like a real-deal SS, as is often the case.
 
On my way to school this morning I saw this XJL 5.0. An old guy got out of it with a healthy amount of swag and strolled into the bank like he owned it.


cadnel4c.jpg
 
7th gen (modded) Lancer. Like I've said before, Lancers and Imprezas are very rare down here...
2014-03-03 12.28.04.jpg


And a XJ too, but I see those all the time
 
What is modded about the 7th gen? *no tone implied; straight-up question.
 
7th gen (modded) Lancer. Like I've said before, Lancers and Imprezas are very rare down here...
View attachment 122947

And a XJ too, but I see those all the time

Although being or not being rare, this is the low end Lancer. We want the Lancer Evo *insert number*

Looks kinda slammed. Could be wrong though
 
What is modded about the 7th gen? *no tone implied; straight-up question.
Sounded more powerful. Wasn't just a cheap exhaust upgrade either... front had xenon headlights and yellow fog lights.

Although being or not being rare, this is the low end Lancer. We want the Lancer Evo *insert number*
Looks kinda slammed. Could be wrong though
Understood 👍 I don't know much about Evo's so I wasn't sure if it was one or not. I think he had lowering springs (plus the above)
 
Someone turned that 68 Camaro into a 67.:sly:


I know sorry, it makes little difference.
 
Understood 👍 I don't know much about Evo's so I wasn't sure if it was one or not. I think he had lowering springs (plus the above)
Nope, it's stock. 👍
 
Yes, 1970. Big block car too going by the full dress it uses, altough I don't know if it's been built up to look like a real-deal SS, as is often the case.
Yup only way to know is by checking the VIN.
 
Got a few more.

ID needed, sure it's good, was hoping someone would know. I drew a line through the license plate, not quite sure on the legality of posting license plates under Georgia state law.
IMG_20140303_160846.jpg


Old Mercedes SL
IMG_20140303_131929.jpg


Different Mercedes SL. I know this because I went by the place where the first one was, and it was still there.
IMG_20140303_132424.jpg
 
I think he was hinting at how at least half of the pictures you posted (Durango, Audi TT, Challenger R/T, Cutlass Ciera, and Jaguar XK) were pretty normal cars to see. And in LA you're going to see special cars more often than in other places so why post all the normal cars? At least that's what I think he meant. :)

Oh. I had a feeling he could be implying that as well. :dunce:

I don't usually take pictures often, by the way. I've never seen some of the cars mentioned back in my home country, so it was more than enough satisfaction for myself to be able to see them in person. But if they were not good enough for the majority of you, then I'll remember not to post them again here. Granted, they're not much of a rare sight in LA.


Anyway, to redeem myself, here are some pictures taken by my dad a few years ago, when we were on holiday together. (also in Los Angeles) It was not "today" but I did see them with my own eyes, so...well, go with it...

Bentley Continental Flying Spur

View attachment 123121

Bentley Continental GT

View attachment 123123

Bentley Continental GTC
View attachment 123127

Bugatti Veyron EB 16.4 in front of the Bijan store at Rodeo Drive - seems like it was parked there for weeks and weeks... (not anymore now)
View attachment 123125 View attachment 123126
 
Back