Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

  • Thread starter Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 47,724 comments
  • 3,785,723 views
So apparently this is a thing... (thanks @playnthru!)

Porsche Cayenne S Transsyberian

IMG_1371.JPG
 
So, Gold Rush Rally was epic (see other thread) but I had a pretty epic wild spotting day, too!

ID?
unsure 1949 chevy maybe by spotterjeff, on Flickr

chevy camaro iroc-z by spotterjeff, on Flickr

lamborghini aventador roadster side by spotterjeff, on Flickr

mclaren 650s spider side by spotterjeff, on Flickr

mclaren 650s spider lamborghini aventador roadster ferrari 458 lotus elise by spotterjeff, on Flickr

maserati spider action by spotterjeff, on Flickr

vw type 2 kombi bus by spotterjeff, on Flickr

audi rs4 by spotterjeff, on Flickr

house of blues valet combo bentley cts-v maserati ghibli grancabrio porsche turbo s jaguar xjr by spotterjeff, on Flickr

porsche 911 997.2 turbo s cabriolet black by spotterjeff, on Flickr

angry sedans jaguar xj-r and maserati ghibli q4 by spotterjeff, on Flickr

more photos of the House of Blues valet cars on my Flickr, as well as close ups of the 650s and Aventador
 
Well, downtown gas station can exhort
1946 Ford. Very customized too.

Thank you, yeah, looked pretty patchwork close up, one of those that looks better from a distance
 
Thank you, yeah, looked pretty patchwork close up, one of those that looks better from a distance

No, not patchwork, it is customized. Look for a picture of a stock one and tell me what you see.
 
Couldn't really get a good pic but I can tell you that it looked awesome, never seen one in the flesh before. Points to the first person to work out what it is.
image.jpg


And a customer came to collect something this morning and turned up in this. :) Sounded awesome.
image.jpg
 
Couldn't really get a good pic but I can tell you that it looked awesome, never seen one in the flesh before. Points to the first person to work out what it is.
View attachment 167289
Sorry but what are we supposed to be looking at?
 
Lotus Carlton?

[EDIT]

I saw something interesting yesterday, but didn't get a pic. TBH, i didn't know they existed.

Renault Caravelle:

800px-Renault_Floride_badged_as_Caravelle_for_anglophone_markets_to_avoid_association_with_tooth_paste_ca_1967.jpg


(^ Obviously not my pic)
 
Last edited:
No, not patchwork, it is customized. Look for a picture of a stock one and tell me what you see.

Well, the body panels actually looked patchy close up, like a rough job of cutting out rust and replacing... but, looks like front indicators are moved, side mirror is moved, headlights are recessed, chrome all gone or turned to matte up front... oh, and wheels, obviously.
 
Last edited:
Well, the body panels actually looked patchy close up, like a rough job of cutting out rust and replacing... but, looks like front indicators are moved, side mirror is moved, headlights are recessed, chrome all gone or turned to matte up front...

Yes, all that. I mean, even if it did have sheetmetal patchwork, you don't recess your headlamps with that :lol: the car has a lot of work on it.
 
T bird
image.jpg

image.jpg

M3 vert
image.jpg

First time getting a pic of this gen
image.jpg

Then another m3
image.jpg

image.jpg

300c srt8
 
14360108972_ea668b6c19_b.jpg

Went driving through Red Rocks on the way to a friend's house; I'll have to make some time to go back up soon. I also saw a new Vanquish, as well as a V8 Vantage that day that I wasn't able to shoot.

14175012068_7e8c8a61b4_b.jpg


14360751084_eacac813c2_b.jpg


14358320901_b69e95fb47_b.jpg

... Cano, what is this, lol?

14175164927_811cd9ce4e_b.jpg

House on the way home from work.
 
out looking for work today...

relatively uncommon, 40,000 made
mercedes w110 230 by spotterjeff, on Flickr

ID?
unsure custom by spotterjeff, on Flickr

I love this place. Usually just normal cars, but every once in a while...
alfa giulietta time for some work by spotterjeff, on Flickr

and after pulling in noticed what was in the garage bay, looks like somebody local just picked up a pair of very cool cars from California! Hope to see them driving soon! My first ever Elan, too!
lotus elan 1970 rear by spotterjeff, on Flickr

Irridescent Purple?
dodge viper rt10 irridescent purple rear by spotterjeff, on Flickr

1940?
chevy 2 door sedan 1940 or so by spotterjeff, on Flickr

Turbo!
toyota mr2 w20 turbo by spotterjeff, on Flickr

Cleveland Open finally happening...
chevy corvette stingray c3 red by spotterjeff, on Flickr

maserati spider gray by spotterjeff, on Flickr

year?
chevy camaro z28 1960s by spotterjeff, on Flickr

nice looking E46 M3, definitely a girl golfer's car
bmw m3 e46 convertible white bbs by spotterjeff, on Flickr

seems like Z06's are getting common, and I haven't seen a ZR-1 in I don't know how long
chevy corette c6 z06 black by spotterjeff, on Flickr

chevy corvette stingray convertible c3 yellow by spotterjeff, on Flickr

nice color on this guy
bmw m5 f10 orangy red by spotterjeff, on Flickr

dodge challenger srt by spotterjeff, on Flickr

audi s8 d2 by spotterjeff, on Flickr
 
Just went out quickly to get some food and I was surprised by the amount of cars out.

IMG_1387.JPG
IMG_1388.JPG
IMG_1389.JPG
IMG_1391.JPG
IMG_1394.JPG


There was a red hot rod cruising in front of this one almost identical to the one in the first picture, but due to traffic I couldn't get it in the pic.
IMG_1395.JPG
IMG_1396.JPG
IMG_1397.JPG
IMG_1400.JPG
IMG_1401.JPG
 
1940-41 Ford flatbed

DSCN5407.JPG


Honda Insight, VW Squareback

DSCN5401.JPG


Porsche 356 SC

DSCN5363.JPG


TR4

DSCN5400.JPG


TR6

DSCN5410.JPG


Triumph Stag?

DSCN5421.JPG


Lotus Elise

DSCN5418.JPG


Bentley Continental GTC?

DSCN5371.JPG


Lamborghini Gallardo

DSCN5381.JPG


Ferrari 575M Superamerica 1-559 built.

DSCN5385.JPG


Rolls Royce what??

DSCN5402.JPG
 
Last edited:
I feel like this thread is a bit like the movie gone in 60 seconds :p. I have not seen a good car for a while last I saw was a white Shelby gt500 going down a hwy.
 
Back