Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

  • Thread starter Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 47,724 comments
  • 3,785,780 views
Went to Detroit for the Goldrush rally went spotting after.
8D8F5FE0-B34A-4DEC-84AC-B6F689F04B8A.jpeg
15C422D6-8974-44BD-B5B4-DD53E8E60D49.jpeg
90D84EDF-3179-4C89-96A4-11192B3C23C1.jpeg
E0DE23BC-8EE1-445D-993E-9E013E755470.jpeg
BB5EFC86-4215-4302-A989-759B3ABC06FD.jpeg
C9A490B4-D680-4E20-A8E1-79C267583135.jpeg
0E6975CF-7B63-4C60-B407-17F08C2A7646.jpeg
ED32746A-3DD2-4DD5-BFD0-531E5BB29860.jpeg
1BC4AF58-6A66-43BA-AC07-2F45D30B59A8.jpeg
03B36B62-A064-439F-8BCA-52B8BC552B85.jpeg
FF0FC5E7-562A-4872-8BE7-221B7F9AF738.jpeg
06593683-CCF4-4948-9B1A-CFCAEDEE97A4.jpeg
6BB25A14-0F33-4DFD-BCD9-3320FB8CA372.jpeg
5E693CC2-752C-4C92-9646-A99E65121354.jpeg
5F01E834-306C-411C-8898-97150D51E909.jpeg
945437D7-8B9F-4179-8715-8D6549C2915B.jpeg
DC4DF22B-2803-42F0-99BD-E4D65772A384.jpeg
98F47D4A-7EBE-474E-BA9F-8D9A49AADF66.jpeg
F066CEF0-266D-4381-BBD8-FA24FC49E87B.jpeg


Cars leaving goldrush rally event that was on Detroit.
 
Last edited:
For this part of the planet, this is about as exotic and rare as vehicles get. I've seen one other GT-R in town but never had a camera at the ready.

5768.jpeg


Son took the pic while I was driving.
 
From today, I have these pictures.

A Lotus Elise
28230777657_ba2d8815b2_c.jpg


A Chevrolet Chevelle with a Dodge Charger Daytona R/T next to it.
43049591832_652bfe3d7a_c.jpg


----
EDIT: 2 cars to add today.

WS6 Pontiac Firebird T/A
43061428982_e35f9baab7_c.jpg


An e30 BMW 3-Series.
41300380610_dfabbaa289_c.jpg
 
Last edited:
Saw this Lambo today. It is a Lamborghini, isn't it?


lambo.jpg


lambo2.jpg





A few weeks ago, I saw a Lambo Countach but I don't have a photo of this car. :indiff:
 
Decent day spotting went to a German car show grass spots are spectators
69B0FEB8-DEEB-48E6-AE39-000C681EEDE9.jpeg
9FEEA9FC-5D56-4DD1-8B0B-D79070E71BEC.jpeg
3E895D00-4FE1-4B2C-90D1-030CA06A68CA.jpeg
0FC4514C-13F5-4157-B9C6-1AD1FB7B2A93.jpeg
9D902385-DC4E-41C1-83BE-BADE2660A33D.jpeg
22E8569A-66B3-4B3E-8AD2-347FAB484BA2.jpeg
92B7B196-1F6A-47FB-A00B-526E45D35B3F.jpeg
A8B5D2D7-D007-4F38-9096-BF9A6803C0F5.jpeg

Scout
02CDCE4B-1CA3-4F04-99EE-A78744C16CB8.jpeg

Debadged M5
842182B9-66A4-448D-8169-893772176585.jpeg
9E42FC13-E8E9-4360-A029-CCA78B906C1A.jpeg
FAD2D940-C25E-44DA-8EBB-4B4A70B73A83.jpeg

Did catch up with it it was a Nova
C8442452-A4D2-4E07-AD97-93C90EAE41A4.jpeg
 
I hate to admit it, but $55k for a T1 single-cab in excellent shape is pretty reasonable these days.
 
20180709_091011.jpg
20180709_091038.jpg

This is probably my favorite spot I've ever made. I never thought I would ever find a Skylark GS similar to mine in the flesh, but this mostly mint (though sadly laden with bumper stickers) sedan was a pleasant surprise, especially considering how I found it in a small Wisconsin village. It also appears to be either a '92 or '93 model judging by the door mounted seatbelts.
 
First time seeing one of the front wheel drive Lotus Elans in Maine.
36930029_10217220638607408_6261290838362423296_o.jpg
I saw a yellow one this morning on my way to work, couldn't get the cell phone up fast enough, sadly.

Here are a few I've seen recently:

Kinda rough Porsche 944


Sixth-gen Imperial rotting away in a very affluent neighborhood.


Lotus Esprit S4, no idea if it's a 4-cylinder or V8
 
Last edited:
Saw my first ever Excalibur today. Didn't realize what it was until I looked back at the photo and noticed the sword on the hood.

excalibur.PNG
 
Actually saw it yesterday when I did some work related drives yesterday. Grabbed the picture from Facebook.

FB_IMG_1532014058679.jpg


Oh, and I saw that one earlier today.

IMG_20180719_152025.jpg
 
Last edited:
Sixth-gen Imperial rotting away in a very affluent neighborhood.
It looks so sad. I can just hear Roger Waters, "let me hold you in my arms."

I'm sure ai'm not the only one to notice the Cutlass Supreme beside it, either.
 
Spotted the same gt350 on the same day. Once on my way to work
0F88CB66-9C59-4CC8-AF90-F8C8FB969D3D.jpeg

Then after work
126F1A2A-4B5C-4D3B-A047-639558A925E0.jpeg
 
or it could have hydraulics like some people do to Impalas back here in the US. Just a thought.
 
It's a hydraulic system. You can tell by looking at the front axle.
 
Back