Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,583 comments
A few days ago, I came across a Lamborghini dealer (yes, it's a dealer, but I haven't seen a real supercar in months, and it was on the far side of town). And I stopped, and took some pics.

I saw:
Many Lamborghini Gallardos
A Diablo VT
Aston Martin DB9
An old Rolls Royce
BMW M3
A few Ferraris
Panoz Esperante
A few Carrera convertibles

image0351ar.jpg

image0416bg.jpg

image0445cj.jpg

image0451uk.jpg

image0468ua.jpg

They were taken outside, since the dealer was closed. :(

Also, I saw an SLR McLaren yesterday.

histor14hc.jpg

To go on from what Slicks said, that Mclaren was pulled from the internet. A minute on Google Images works wonders, you know? The cars at the lambo dealer, however, were taken by me.

And in case you wondering, I didn't see the McLaren. I just made that up to prove the easiness of a lie, and bypassing this new system. 💡

I would also go down to my local lambo dealer but they are more than an hour away, so it defeats the perpose of "local". But we do have a LOCAL (within 10 minutes of where I live) porsche dealer that might have something interesting in it, but never got the chance to look:grumpy:

Nice finds Duck!!

On the way to the library today, stumbled upon a few nice motors.

Bentley Continental GT
Mercedes CL 500
Audi S4 Quattro
2 BMW Z4's
Porsche Cayenne S
Quite a few 911's

Didn't manage to get all the pictures.

Wasn't this actual one i saw but found a picture of it.

well, unfortunately i don't have any pics (my mobile doesn't have a cam and i don't take my canon with me all the time) but i thought i'd "share" them anyways.

recently there was a "who has the loudest car" contest in my city, i didn't visit that (just tuned polos and **** like that anyways) but i was walking through the city that day and what did i spot right next to each other? a white Corvette Stingray (in absolutely perfect shape) and a Ferrari F360 Modena (red). i hadn't seen a Stingray before so i was pretty aaaaawwww :dopey:

another recent spotting was a Lamborghini Diablo (no idea what model exactly), which drove on the same road as me, opposite direction though, i spotted it right when it crossed the apex of a small hill :)

@ Duck, i did just about the same thing, accept i was in SF, didn't have a camera, because i was just coming back from the Giants A's game on sunday :( Giants lost. Mainly because they weren't using the starting line up. Anyways, i went by a dealership of super cars. In SF across from a Mercedes-Benz dealer.
There where,
2 Lotus Elises Yellow, andd Red
1 Porshce Carrera GT Yellow
2 Bently Contentals Black, and Silver
2 Lamborghini Gallardos, Yellow, and Black.
and we were driving down near pears, and saw the newest model NSX, white. It was sooo nice. I turned a right about 5 blocks from the stadium.

@hydr0x, were do you live? cause i see Stingrays all the time :lol:

If you can't post a picture you took of the car you saw, don't post in this thread 💡 Otherwise it will be no diffrent from the last thread.
Saw this elise on rt23 south in NJ over the weekend. I know its not the most amazing car ever made but at least I have pictures to back it up. :P

I got about this close to him

He saw the camera, and floored it :grumpy:

If I was in my MR2 I would have attempted to keep up with him.:sly:

Master_Yoda
About 15-25 minutes from you :lol:

EDIT: Wait, wich direction away from Infineon do you live? Cause i live in Marin, wich is fairly close to Sanoma county.

REAL EDIT!: Crap sorry for the double post, i meant to click EDIT not QUOTE.

I didn't have a camera with me because I was at school but I saw a really quite nice Integra Type R (well I thought it was interesting), an RX7 and a old 500SEL with a full AMG bodykit. LHD too.

I'll take a camera tomorrow to take pictures and prove that I saw them.

A few days ago, I came across a Lamborghini dealer (yes, it's a dealer, but I haven't seen a real supercar in months, and it was on the far side of town). And I stopped, and took some pics.

I saw:
Many Lamborghini Gallardos
A Diablo VT
Aston Martin DB9
An old Rolls Royce
BMW M3
A few Ferraris
Panoz Esperante
A few Carrera convertibles

image0351ar.jpg

image0416bg.jpg

image0445cj.jpg

image0451uk.jpg

image0468ua.jpg

They were taken outside, since the dealer was closed. :(

Also, I saw an SLR McLaren yesterday.

histor14hc.jpg

To go on from what Slicks said, that Mclaren was pulled from the internet. A minute on Google Images works wonders, you know? The cars at the lambo dealer, however, were taken by me.

And in case you wondering, I didn't see the McLaren. I just made that up to prove the easiness of a lie, and bypassing this new system. 💡
If there has one thing I have seen, it is that Lamborghini Dallas (current one), has a much different layout, though this most likely caused to it being another building before the dealer. The cars (nice ones) are kept in the back.

Looks like you also caught one of the 1st Gallardo Spyders too. Still waiting on ours to get 'em in.

Master_Yoda
EDIT: Wait, wich direction away from Infineon do you live? Cause i live in Marin, wich is fairly close to Sanoma county.

REAL EDIT!: Crap sorry for the double post, i meant to click EDIT not QUOTE.
I live in good ol' rohnert park

:grumpy:

California is just KILLING me. Have you been to ther states? Look at how much cheaper things are and how much less clutered things are

I was on my way to Burger King to grab some lunch as I had an hour to kill between meetings and as I turned right on the street to the BK a red 550 Maranello was turning left, I suspect to go to the Porsche dealer down that road. I was able to stand by the curb to watch and listen as it went by (he had to wait for the yellow to make his turn so I was able to park and get out).

No photos though, sorry :(

opendriver19a
I live in good ol' rohnert park

:grumpy:

California is just KILLING me. Have you been to ther states? Look at how much cheaper things are and how much less clutered things are
Anyware near Q-Zar? i can spend all day, and a million $ in the arcade area alone there :lol: Cause i know that the Q-Zar place is in Rohner Park.

EDIT: I don't want to go any further off topic. opendriver please get on AIM :)

EDIT #2: http://www.bmcd.com/Link to the dealer if you guys didn't belive me.

Master_Yoda
Anyware near Q-Zar? i can spend all day, and a million $ in the arcade area alone there :lol: Cause i know that the Q-Zar place is in Rohner Park.

EDIT: I don't want to go any further off topic. opendriver please get on AIM :)
your not on, and yeah, it is near that Q-zar place. Havent been there for years...

All pics 640 x 480, if you require higher resolution (up to 2032 x 1534), please just ask.

I got bored after id practiced bowling (league game tomorrow night) so i went for a drive around the motoring industrial estate at the end of the seafront.
Theres always bound to be some nice cars down there, though most of the time i see the same ones. So i spotted something i hadnt seen before, turned around and parked up. Its only when i got closer that i realised it was a brand new Civic, an 06 plate too. I looked around it and i quite like it actually :)
It has some pretty wicked lines and the front light look nice.
I saw another one later while driving on an 05 plate, but with silver wheels.

It seems the place in front of which it was parked had a couple of Civic fans :lol:, the new civics older brother was on hand too. A mugen tuned version which would belong nicely in the imports thread.

A little further afield i found a nice looking dark metallic grey Audi TT 3.2, close parking made it difficult to get any decent pictures.

Still just driving around all the little roads i come across, one of them hold a metalic red Skyline R32 (model help anyone? Gt-t, Gt-s, Gts-t?)

And an S-line A4 2.0t.

I thought this would be the end of my car spotting day, so i went to turn around and go home after the next road, but something caught my eye and i just had to stop and have a look :D
A red Lotus Elite! With a rather interesting badge on the back :)

On the corner just past the garage at which the Elite was parked, a rather tasty new impreza, hadnt seen one with the black wheels until now and my girlfriend digs this car so i just had to take pics :P (On a hyundai dealership btw.)

Long ol' post eh? :lol: also i took an unusual route home (to avoid some nasty roadworks)past where ive seen an evo 7 before, no Evo this time but around the corner was a nice Maroon TVR Cerbera (i see a chimaera of this colour almost every day as it park up just down the road, i darent take pics though cos i took one pic of the guys last car, a 993 911 Turbo, and he really didnt like it!).

Edit: Btw these are the kinda results you can expect if you dont care what people think when you're taking the picture, apart from the chimaera i still havent managaed to get :grumpy:

haha, pics this time ;)

took a walk around my town (small village would be more precise :sly: ) and saw this Hyundai Coupe FX V6 today, what a nice looking car, never seen that one before

and while we're at it, i also saw this one, not quite as interesting, but i'm posting already anyways :ouch:

unfortunately i was unable to make better pics due to angry neighbours looking at me like they were going to kill me any minute :scared:

i also wasn't able to spot 2 or 3 cars i KNOW someone around here owns (an old Alfa Spider, a Ferrari and a Ford Probe) 👎

I was walking through Edinburgh last night and saw my first Maybach...

And then I saw this SLK55 AMG parked. It's moderately interesting in and of itself, but check out the plate...

I've been on the lookout for "SL55 AMG" on an SL55 AMG, but have yet to see it. I fancy that it's probably locked away in the Mercedes Press Office. It's 9 years until "SL65 AMG" becomes legally available...

Im sure you guys might get a kick out of this one:

Its a 6X12 on the front of an old VW to use as a bumper. Sent it to car and driver for their "10 best" awards and they didnt put it in:(

Snapped these the other day while nabbing some lunch...

gt_1.jpg

gt_2.jpg

No plate on the back... must've come from one of the nearby research buildings.

hydr0x

and while we're at it, i also saw this one, not quite as interesting, but i'm posting already anyways :ouch:

👍 Great, a Civic and a Hyundai - this thread goes from strength to strength!

...wait a minute.... damn, just seen a Corolla drive past my window! - wheres my damn camera when i need it!!!

TheCracker
👍 Great, a Civic and a Hyundai - this thread goes from strength to strength!

dude, seriously, let me ask you sth.. is that Hyundai a Sport Coupe? is it a car you see every day? have you actually spotted it on the street? does it cost only 10k? well, i guess you get what i mean... and like i said, i just added the civic (which IS a special edition btw) because i was posting anyways

Walked into my bedroom, heard something revving, looked out the window and lone behold! an F430 spyder!

Sorry for the poor quality! I got another pic on my phone il try get it on later.

EDIT: Pic 2

hydr0x
dude, seriously, let me ask you sth.. is that Hyundai a Sport Coupe? is it a car you see every day? have you actually spotted it on the street? does it cost only 10k? well, i guess you get what i mean... and like i said, i just added the civic (which IS a special edition btw) because i was posting anyways

To answer your questions:

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Maybe not 10k, but it's certainly no wallet drainer. I looked at a new Tiburon
a couple years ago (right after the body style change) that I could've had for $18k USD.

Since I'm posting anyway, can I add that I saw a Ford F-150 "nite" (which IS a special edition btw, but still as boring as a special edition Civic.)

Jeez... now I'm starting to see why the mods were a little grumpy. Hyundais and Civics? :rolleyes:

Incidently, on that Maybach... did it really stick out in public? I've not had the chance to see one in person; in the pics the car looks rather pedestrain (I believe Car & Driver compared the looks to a freakin' Kia Amante, which does bear a striking resemblance :lol: )Because in your pics there it really just blends in with the other cars. If I'm going to pay that much for a ride, then dammit I want people to KNOW it :sly:

Latest Posts

Back