Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

  • Thread starter Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 47,723 comments
  • 3,784,718 views
Thanks! Yeah, I was pretty shocked to see the 400GT 2+2 just sitting there when I pulled into town to set up for market. Original paint, too, I bet.

This is what else I saw, all in the same village, over about 2 hours. Nothing else too special, but nice to see.

shelby gt500


S6 C6


olds 88 1967


A8L D3 with the W12! Faster than the S8, and more expensive!


Z4 M about to make a donation to the local volunteer FD


S4 Avant B5, love seeing s-avants!


Impala? Supersport


Olds F85



love the color on this Healey!


another Olds, 442


sweet 60 Series Land Cruiser


t-bird


and its rival, the Corvette. which would you have gone for?


Alfa Spider 2000


E-type!



a few stupid camera phone shots of an MG meetup I stumbled upon on Saturday with a dead camera battery

1, 2, 3



4


5, 6


7,8


not a TC... ?


Mercury Park Lane


and a higher res image of the 400GT 2+2
 
I normally don't use the phone for photos but this was kind of cool. A gold Delorean in front of a bar called Bovine Sex Club:

9x81H.jpg
 
Holy crap goddin, that Lambo is an amazing spot! One of he best ever in this thread for sure, awesome!

The rest of the day wasn't bad either, those Oldsmobiles are cool. And yes, 1965 Impala SS.
 
I was at a wedding saturday and the bride arrived in this :
p1070497q.jpg

p1070505w.jpg

p1070527p.jpg


Awesome Porsche 911 Turbo 3.6
Note : she wasn't driving which would have been awesome.
 
This belongs to my parents' next door neighbour:
Silk Cut Jaguar livery limo[img]
:lol: I wish I was joking, it's been there for a while apparently and I saw it for the first time today when I went to see them.[/QUOTE]
[quote="Moglet, post: 7535643"]It's a stretched Vauxhall Carlton, I believe. He's got Dunkin' Donuts listed as one of the sponsors on the door. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Why would they have a Jaguar livery on a Vauxhall?



[quote="jeffgoddin, post: 7536077"]
One of 247 made, Lambourghini 400GT 2+2
[/QUOTE]
:drool:
Awesome spot 👍
 
Okay, I've had this one lying around for a while but anyway, the late great Rover SD-1, pretty rare over here I'd say.


SD 1 by Thujalvi, on Flickr

Love the SD-1 and that one looks badass, front bumper missing though? Makes it look a little odd too.
 
Madertus
Now we know what got YOUR attention for a very, very short (but still) moment :lol:

Caught my attention long enough to crop and upload it. Lol.
 
Since Friday:

80's Camaro.

533245_10152017562305012_388686566_n.jpg


Lemans

223829_10152023121455012_68825299_n.jpg


Nice Cutlass

185550_10152022765050012_57427600_n.jpg


Pretty cool Jetta

480822_10152022794465012_1033774759_n.jpg
 
Nothing too interesting out yesterday, but I did go spotting in the pouring rain :lol:

Maserati GranTurismo.

7880143324_4288f793e8_b.jpg


BMW Isetta.

7880142170_2b60e19c09_b.jpg


Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG.

7880141504_8175267f87_b.jpg


Ferrari California.

7880139428_cd72b48bb8_b.jpg


McLaren MP4-12C.

7880141830_986cc249cf_b.jpg


Worst picture ever :lol: But, a friend of mine took this below, I had no idea he was even spotting today, see the Audi in the background? I was sat in there trying to get a good picture. xD

k5SJ5Jca.jpg
 
Last edited:
556477_10152030276785012_6817987_n.jpg

557323_10152030372505012_137009088_n.jpg

292058_10152030373740012_1894889946_n.jpg

555508_10152030374595012_1951242273_n.jpg

199060_10152030442110012_160782659_n.jpg

293241_10152030444630012_705336787_n.jpg
 
Nothing special from yesterday:

2012-08-27-401.jpg


2012-08-27-403.jpg


2012-08-27-406.jpg


2012-08-27-405.jpg


2012-08-27-404.jpg


2012-08-27-402.jpg


2012-08-27-407.jpg


2012-08-27-409.jpg


2012-08-27-408.jpg


lol jk I think this Delta is magnificent.
 
The things I'd do for a Delta...
 
This came into work today, I got to get a ride in it. :D It is so damn fast and sounds AWESOME.





The same guy who owns that 458 Italia brought this in at the end of the day which he just bought.



 
cmbeal317
Lucky, I've never even seen one, I missed seeing my first one a few months ago at a car show. I left having seen everything and didn't think anything else would show up, unfortunately for me a white 458 showed up shortly after I left. :(

That was the first one I've ever seen. It looks very nice in person, I never liked it in photos.
 
Saw the new 991 cabrio yesterday with a very hot lady driving it! Don't have a photo though but me and a friend gave the thumbs up and she floored it! :D

Got this though:

foto22 by Carlos van Wijk, on Flickr


foto21 by Carlos van Wijk, on Flickr

I've never seen a V8 Rover before..
 
Jaguar ________?
2012-08-29104134.jpg

Daimler I think, so yeah, posher Jag :)

EDIT: Daimler Sovereign, more respectable cousin of the popular gangster car, the Jag MkX/420
 
Last edited:
Are you sure? That looks like the Jaguar leaper to me.
 
Are you sure? That looks like the Jaguar leaper to me.

Hmm yeah it might be the Jag indeed, they are very similar. The Daimler does have a little ornament but that one does look like the cat. Also the foglights(?) match the Jag rather than the Daimler, and the Daimler has a kinda split grill.

So you're right, it is in fact the gangster car :)
 
Back