Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

  • Thread starter Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 47,722 comments
  • 3,784,452 views

Cool pictures.

Also, that Mini's just the normal Cooper model. Not sure why they've placed a JCW plate on the back, unless it's a dealer display car, or just another owner wanting to play pretend.
 
Bugatti Veyron SuperSport:

IMG_9324 by astrosdude91, on Flickr

R8:

IMG_9216 by astrosdude91, on Flickr

360:

IMG_9215 by astrosdude91, on Flickr

Ghost:

IMG_9212 by astrosdude91, on Flickr

Ferrari FF:

IMG_9176 by astrosdude91, on Flickr

Scuderia Ferrari's fleet of Ferrari's for the team drivers and personal. Bonus McLaren MP4-12C:

IMG_9161 by astrosdude91, on Flickr

Hennessey Venom GT. This belongs to John Hennessey himself:

IMG_9157 by astrosdude91, on Flickr

Ghost:

IMG_9156 by astrosdude91, on Flickr

Exige:

IMG_9153 by astrosdude91, on Flickr

Ferrari FF:

IMG_9136 by astrosdude91, on Flickr

Ferrari FF:

IMG_9131 by astrosdude91, on Flickr

Gallardo Spyder 560:

IMG_9123 by astrosdude91, on Flickr

More to come.
 
Holy s***. They are some great finds! Especially the Veyron SS!
 
And the Venom, can't be many of them around? Nice little Karmann Ghia behind the FF too :)
 
JCW on the last page is just a base Mini :guilty:
Also Veyron SS is ONLY a regular Veyron... :nervous:
 
No, E RaK is right; the JCW has a central exhaust, and the Veyron SS has NACA ducts instead of the big, bulbous intakes.
 
Looks like Steven Tyler backed out of the sale then. So far, there's supposed to be only one Venom GT spyder & Tyler was the one who placed the first order.
 
So that's the only difference between the Veyron and the SS?

No, but it seems more likely that the owner has fitted some SS parts and left the intakes, rather than altering the roof/intakes to make his car slower.
 
8195640270_097cdc8b42_c.jpg

Next time you take a picture of the ugliest car in the world today and leave out a cool little car like a Karmann you're gonna hear a LOT more from me. Forewarned.
 
Astrodude, please warn us before posting such epic spots. Thanks! :lol:
 
I didn't know there was something as major as that changed to the car. I have to admit, the SS roof looks really ugly. They need to keep it similar to the original Veyron.
 
I kind of like it, it has a nice form-follows-function feel. The NACA ducts are more effective for cooling the engine, and the bodywork is more aerodynamic, helping it attain the higher power and top speed numbers. [/engineer]
 
74169698-7F2A-434F-B317-31D89C531615-425-0000003C1B5A0197.jpg



An old car
F1C99835-D459-4858-965A-FC4424575B71-425-0000003C1774DC6F.jpg


Jetta TDI CupEdition. Good spot?
D92B9FEF-3937-4D56-A2A1-F18408C1EDBE-425-0000003C12C5780D.jpg


M5
F1D23082-8F0D-4205-B1BD-8E84C4C5A0EF-425-0000003C0DA6E141.jpg
 
Jetta TDI CupEdition. Good spot?
D92B9FEF-3937-4D56-A2A1-F18408C1EDBE-425-0000003C12C5780D.jpg

Good spot. Pretty sure they were limited to people in the series only. I know whose it is if it's in Maryland and if they were really limited to the people in the series :D
 
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo, anyone know the generation?



Sounded good (coming from someone who hates the majority of 4 cyls.) And at idle reminded me of the Mazda 787b
 
I think it's an Evolution 7. I don't remember for sure, but I think these were the first to come stateside? I don't recall the body styles of the past ones being sold here.
 
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo, anyone know the generation?



Sounded good (coming from someone who hates the majority of 4 cyls.) And at idle reminded me of the Mazda 787b

It's either an VIII or IX. Based on the tail lights, I'm going to guess VIII.
 
That looks like an Evo 8.

I think it's an Evolution 7. I don't remember for sure, but I think these were the first to come stateside? I don't recall the body styles of the past ones being sold here.

The Evo 8 was the first to come stateside. Though Evo 7-9 shared the same basic body.
 
Next time you take a picture of the ugliest car in the world today and leave out a cool little car like a Karmann you're gonna hear a LOT more from me. Forewarned.

Maybe the FF is ugly, but its sound is just apocalyptic.
I used to hate its looks, but after seeing it live I think it has something.

And yes, I'd love to see more of that gorgeous Karmann instead of FF c:
 
We did take note of the karmann ghia that was parked there. ;) No pics though. It wasn't the best example I've seen.
 
Maybe the FF is ugly, but its sound is just apocalyptic.
I used to hate its looks, but after seeing it live I think it has something.

The entire car is apocalyptic... but not in a good way.

We did take note of the karmann ghia that was parked there. ;) No pics though. It wasn't the best example I've seen.

Of course not, we've all seen concours-level Karmanns at shows and stuff. Come on, finding a street driven Karmann is something of an event no matter how you put it. PICS.
 
Good spot. Pretty sure they were limited to people in the series only. I know whose it is if it's in Maryland and if they were really limited to the people in the series :D

It certainly is in Maryland. Thx for the info
 
This came into work today. My dad's friend owns it and uses it for racing. Got a ride in it to!



 
Nice car, not too keen on the white alloys though.
 
Back